Reviews for Malignant Objects
SchwarzShifter chapter 11 . 3/25
So, my review is pretty incoherent, I think, but it's okay cos I doubt you're going to read it anyway. I hope it's clear that it's not criticism though .-.

This story is such an interesting experiment. I feel, especially in the beginning, that reading it is kind of like sparring with a sword made of gold; one whose hilt has had every inch completely encrusted with jewels. The sheer opulence of it makes it difficult to use. The sheer opulence of your writing makes it difficult to read and sink into. For example, I remember being jarred out of reading wondering what in fuck was a doona and why you couldn't just say duvet, or comforter. The scene with Draco by the window, I had to read it like three times to make sure I understood everything that was going on. And I nearly had an apoplexy when you tried to make Pansy blonde. The scene where you had a checklist of girls coming to Evonne's party, with basically every nationality ticked off, bothered me. And when calling a woman in Africa, in the Sahara desert, African-American, I felt nervousness because I couldn't tell whether that was on purpose, and she actually came from America, or because we use it as a euphemism for 'black' so often, it just slips out without thinking if the person is actually from America (seeing you're from Australia, I'm inclined to believe you know what you're doing, but it still bothered me). These moments are jarring. Your description is lush like a jungle, but it sort of gets in the way of proper story immersion. One has to stumble through the denseness.

In later chapters, though, I don't know if you got better or I simply got used to your style of writing, but it seemed to go much more smoothly.

As an experiment of writing, your story is an inspiration. The characterisation of Harry, Lady's vibrant world, the Dark Lord having an honest-to-God Orientalist court... It's the kind of thing other stories hint at, and your story takes it full-on and unashamedly drowns itself and its readers in it. Shameless. Unrepentant. The underbelly of the world presented with no pretensions, arrogant, chin up and throat bared, like Harry himself.

I don't think I can say I enjoyed your story. Both your plot (Harry shattering so easily without his mysterious ring, the rape in the dungeons of the Dark Lord, Lady leaving him at Hogwarts...) and your writing style (as discussed above) bother me. But, oh god, I love you so much for writing this.

It makes me think. It makes me want to write. It creates a new world and opens it up to play in like a new source material in itself. Any Harry Potter story written influenced by your world would feel like a downright crossover to me. I may not be able to get into your story as well as some (you clearly have reviewers who adore your every gilded word) but God, your world building is on point. This universe is going to haunt me, this universe feels like admitting all the things so many authors thought about but skirted around with head held high.

A room full of treasure is painfully beautiful, even if we can't take a step without tripping over gold or jewels. Your story is beautiful even if we can't take a step without tripping over its beauty.

Thank you for writing this. So much.
CaBuckeye chapter 10 . 3/11
Attention all muses-attention all muses! All muses over here (to the boats according to Hagrid)-the writers need you now. They have been patiently queuing up for a few years now. Your parents, Zeus and Mnemosyne, have given Mercury quite the Olympian howler and I believe that they will be sending it soon. Please, dear muses, attend to your scribes.
MutteringUnderMyBreath chapter 1 . 2/20
I love this so so very much. Its brilliant, a tad confusing but I love how you write and what you've written too much :) You probably wont see this but I figured I ought to review any story I love this much, even if it is abandoned.. If you do read this I hope even after 7 years you'll continue writting (not likely though, I suppose) or maybe write something else. I wish you the best of luck! :)
A Single Fragile Rose chapter 11 . 2/8
Marvelous story, Cher. It's too beautifully written to abandon, querida. It's truly a beloved fic and with a beyond talented writer. You are just a stunning jewel amongst subpar writers. I hope your doing well, and I know it's been a while since you've reviewed, but please don't forget this engrossing story and may you have a fortuitous year, hun. Good luck and take care.
Xoxo ;) Ciao
serpentgirl2.0 chapter 3 . 2/5
if i had to use one word to desribe this fic, it would be ambitious
Eien Michi chapter 11 . 12/27/2014
Maybe it's not the right word for it, but to me this story is very eerie. I love everything about it.
fangirl chapter 11 . 12/3/2014
WoW this was amazing.
I just love all the characters canon and original. You portrayed them magnificently
Thank you for sharing !
Jennyb74 chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
This is such an amazing story. I know it had been years but this story is so good. I hope you plan on finishing it. You are a fabulous writer.
slasshh chapter 2 . 10/7/2014
The plot seems good but your writing style is very confusing - would've been ok if it was a ''movie''. I can see that this is an abandoned story so I will not waste my time on it :p
LaceeKamenev chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
I absoloutley love your writing style! You ornament your words to perfection, it's really beautiful. The constant switches in POV threw me a little and I'll admit I skipped a few though. But honestly I loved it. It's dark and sensual and passionate. 3
xnonexofxyourxbusinessx chapter 11 . 7/26/2014
This story certainly is interesting. Very well written.
hope you'll update soon
Begumebilli chapter 6 . 7/19/2014
Bullshit! You are just trying to prove you are superior writer by tossing around a gazillion concepts and not following through on any of them. Really, bullshit!
ellemai7 chapter 6 . 6/5/2014
you know I actually really liked the potential this story showed at first, but pretty soon I ended up hating it. I mean honestly the lay out is fucking confusing and it seems like you're trying to be all cool and mysterious with the pov switches, but they're just getting on my nerves. Also the characterisation of Harry is kind of weak -sure he's all great and confident, but we learn nothing about his true mindset or how he developed that way.
Either way, you've lost a reader. You probably won't care. But I just thought I'd say it anyway.
salty-sarah chapter 11 . 4/23/2014
Dear Charlie Blue,

I might have read this some time in the past at some point and don't recall. Honestly, there are quite a number of similar pieces based off Abandoned!twin!Harry gets his revenge, and your excessive OC cast, while with some wonderful standouts that include some great characterisation of existing characters, can be quite a lot to absorb. I admit, I skimmed a fair bit, and I wanted to understand Evonne's role other than Draco's female counterpart. But your Harry is deliciously exciting and impudent in all the ways, and that reunion with Remus and Sirius, and that shared understanding, was everything. Thank you for posting this. I hope you do continue, but even if you don't, it's been a wonderful read to this point. Cheers.

Sarah
Alice chapter 11 . 4/6/2014
Obviously no next chapter...
Sadly, because this is a truly magificent story.
I could write a several paragraph review on several parts of the story, but I don't feel like it. Especially since there's no trace of you, and it seems quite obvious you have abandoned this story - for whatever reason.
If you ever update, I'll give you the review you deserve :)
1,119 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »