Reviews for Malignant Objects
joslyn.harris2 chapter 11 . 8/24
This was so fucking cool
silverphantasma chapter 11 . 8/15
This is wonderful. Will you ever update again? Please do!
Monkey D. Toushiro chapter 6 . 8/9
FUCK YOU DUMBLEDORE

Aggghhhhhhhhahsfkghlslkfhlslajdjd
Monkey D. Toushiro chapter 2 . 8/9
SO CONFUSING but you must have read durarara or baccano light novels? The disjointed style is strikingly similar
I really just want to say this, but I totally remember when I first started reading this! It's so weird that so much time has passed! Like 7 years and I still go back and read old fics. When I first starting reading this in 2008, I distinctly remember avoiding this story after Dumbledore took the ring... And then two months later I ended up reading until the end. Then I totally forgot about it for several years... until this morning when I was like 'oh yeah wasn't there a story where Harry did drugs and there was this whole underground orgy?'... Your fic is hard to read because of the raw emotion that Harry has. Like I feel bad for him and good for him and sad for him etc... A lot more than most fics. I'll probably avoid this story for another few years and then revisit. Painfully interesting story lol i really do like it.
Kick Dumbledore's ass, Lady. Excuse my language. Also, you switched BWL name again.
While I like this his arrogance is gone, I don't want him weak :/
Okay, so I'm back. Obviously, I was just tired and you can ignore my other previous about leaving. I'm glad I took a little mental break before reading again. Things are finally starting to heat up!
Sorry, I couldn't read past the beginning. If anyone were to get tired of beautiful people, it would be in your fic. I honestly just want one ugly son of a gun to be mentioned, at least once. All these elf-like features are making my eyes hurt, and I'm only imagining them. Reading in a dark room might be my problem...still. You're very descriptive, and I encourage that..but..it's just so utterly boring to read out pages of description. I'm trying to get to the parts where the story finally picks up, but I'm just so tired of it all. So, as much as I would like to continue and read, I just can't. I don't really care what all these beautiful people look like because honestly I'm just going to forget after I read them, not that I'd remember them anyway since their names all blend together as well as their looks...
Soo...while the drugs are painfully realistic, I'm kind of tired just reading people party, strip, and be regular teenage kids (magical or not). That's so utterly boring and basic. Ugh. I'm also strongly anti-drugs, so you can see why I have reservations...BUT! I already read the warnings, and amoral was one of them. I suppose I'll just have to live with it or leave. I'll probably end up leaving sometime soon, but you know, not at the point. Hopefully something interesting happens soon, besides teenagers being teenagers...and stupid.
Daphne Undomiel chapter 2 . 6/13
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I have put the following quote on my
profile, and published it among others on my Tumblr account.
Please contact me if you have any problems with this.

"Bellatrix, her dark curls swinging, lips blood red, glanced about her
disdainfully over the soft, ebony fur she clasped close and high about her
ivory neck. Her husband's arm slid around her small, belted in waist, and
her lips parted in mock-astonishment as she turned in his arms. After a
disdainful look, she swung around, grasping his arm as she did so, and
sashayed up the wide, sprawling stairs to the entrance. Rodolphus swaggered
in her wake, winking at the askance look Lucius threw him as he coolly
offered Narcissa a hand." *Malignant Objects Chapter 1*

Tumblr: romanovacatwoman
Fanfiction: Daphne Undomiel

Thanks,
Daphne
SchwarzShifter chapter 11 . 3/25
So, my review is pretty incoherent, I think, but it's okay cos I doubt you're going to read it anyway. I hope it's clear that it's not criticism though .-.

This story is such an interesting experiment. I feel, especially in the beginning, that reading it is kind of like sparring with a sword made of gold; one whose hilt has had every inch completely encrusted with jewels. The sheer opulence of it makes it difficult to use. The sheer opulence of your writing makes it difficult to read and sink into. For example, I remember being jarred out of reading wondering what in fuck was a doona and why you couldn't just say duvet, or comforter. The scene with Draco by the window, I had to read it like three times to make sure I understood everything that was going on. And I nearly had an apoplexy when you tried to make Pansy blonde. The scene where you had a checklist of girls coming to Evonne's party, with basically every nationality ticked off, bothered me. And when calling a woman in Africa, in the Sahara desert, African-American, I felt nervousness because I couldn't tell whether that was on purpose, and she actually came from America, or because we use it as a euphemism for 'black' so often, it just slips out without thinking if the person is actually from America (seeing you're from Australia, I'm inclined to believe you know what you're doing, but it still bothered me). These moments are jarring. Your description is lush like a jungle, but it sort of gets in the way of proper story immersion. One has to stumble through the denseness.

In later chapters, though, I don't know if you got better or I simply got used to your style of writing, but it seemed to go much more smoothly.

As an experiment of writing, your story is an inspiration. The characterisation of Harry, Lady's vibrant world, the Dark Lord having an honest-to-God Orientalist court... It's the kind of thing other stories hint at, and your story takes it full-on and unashamedly drowns itself and its readers in it. Shameless. Unrepentant. The underbelly of the world presented with no pretensions, arrogant, chin up and throat bared, like Harry himself.

I don't think I can say I enjoyed your story. Both your plot (Harry shattering so easily without his mysterious ring, the rape in the dungeons of the Dark Lord, Lady leaving him at Hogwarts...) and your writing style (as discussed above) bother me. But, oh god, I love you so much for writing this.

It makes me think. It makes me want to write. It creates a new world and opens it up to play in like a new source material in itself. Any Harry Potter story written influenced by your world would feel like a downright crossover to me. I may not be able to get into your story as well as some (you clearly have reviewers who adore your every gilded word) but God, your world building is on point. This universe is going to haunt me, this universe feels like admitting all the things so many authors thought about but skirted around with head held high.

A room full of treasure is painfully beautiful, even if we can't take a step without tripping over gold or jewels. Your story is beautiful even if we can't take a step without tripping over its beauty.

Thank you for writing this. So much.
CaBuckeye chapter 10 . 3/11
Attention all muses-attention all muses! All muses over here (to the boats according to Hagrid)-the writers need you now. They have been patiently queuing up for a few years now. Your parents, Zeus and Mnemosyne, have given Mercury quite the Olympian howler and I believe that they will be sending it soon. Please, dear muses, attend to your scribes.
MutteringUnderMyBreath chapter 1 . 2/20
I love this so so very much. Its brilliant, a tad confusing but I love how you write and what you've written too much :) You probably wont see this but I figured I ought to review any story I love this much, even if it is abandoned.. If you do read this I hope even after 7 years you'll continue writting (not likely though, I suppose) or maybe write something else. I wish you the best of luck! :)
A Single Fragile Rose chapter 11 . 2/8
Marvelous story, Cher. It's too beautifully written to abandon, querida. It's truly a beloved fic and with a beyond talented writer. You are just a stunning jewel amongst subpar writers. I hope your doing well, and I know it's been a while since you've reviewed, but please don't forget this engrossing story and may you have a fortuitous year, hun. Good luck and take care.
Xoxo ;) Ciao