Reviews for Breathing Room
Coldwire chapter 5 . 5/17/2014
Great story, it's amazing how it can be so bleak and funny at the same time. My only complaint is that you make Shinji hate human contact, he doesn't, he just fears it, which doesn't mean he doesn't want it, he's just afraid. Also, he does lust after Asuka (hence hospital scene) even if he wouldn't dare to say it to her face. The alternate world bit was wonderful contrasted to the awful reality they're stuck in. Thanks man, it was worth the read, don't be so hard on this story.
Gemini011 chapter 5 . 3/1/2013
That was really good. Favorited! Now to check out the sequel.

I really liked your character treatment of Shinji and Asuka. Maybe they were a little OOC, but given the nature of Instrumentality I think that can be forgiven. :P The development of their relationship with themselves and each other was heart wrenching, sweet, sad, and very well done.

I do want to reiterate though, that I think this story is miscategorized. There were some moments of humor, but overall there was so much drama and angst that I don't think labeling this fic as "Humor" is accurate.

Thanks for writing!
Gemini011 chapter 4 . 3/1/2013
Ok, just had to take a break and mention that I had my first real laugh when I hit the "Cool Beans" remark. After all that angst (see my Ch.3 comment) it was quite welcome.

All right, back to reading.
Gemini011 chapter 3 . 3/1/2013
Okay, I was able to restrain myself last chapter, but no more. This story is categorized as Humor. That seems like a serious error to me. It's definitely Drama/Angst. Any humor that is in this story so far has only served to lighten things slightly and keep them from getting overly dark. There is a lot going on here, and almost none of it is funny ha-ha.

Not to say I'm not enjoying it. It's good. It's just not funny.
Toriano.Flacko chapter 5 . 4/16/2012
Just from the two completes that I've seen thus far; you, sir, are a master of the pitching to left field endings (if not a master, then an avid practitioner), if they are to be considered as such. This said, sequel, here I come! (With CEREAL!)

LATER!
Toriano.Flacko chapter 4 . 4/16/2012
No offense meant (or does it just mean there's a problem with me), but I've been laughing every other minute since chapter 1 and near the end of Asuka's part here was the first time it hit close to serious!home instead of IsHeDoingThisOnPurpose!home... buuut, schmeh, forward motion!

LATER!
Jho chapter 5 . 9/11/2010
Great story, one of my favorites for sure. The buildup from chapter one to the end was one of the best buildups I've seen in an Eva story, and I'm even more surprised that this was one of your first lol.
mike chapter 5 . 3/2/2010
Good thing that Asuka never found a doll in this one.
starburst98 chapter 5 . 2/21/2009
from my understanding, misato came back at that moment because shinji finally says he is going to do it even though he doesn't want to. him being brave called her back. this diluted the LCL to the level that others can pull themselves together with out a call.

anyway, i liked the ending.
Lance2401 chapter 5 . 6/8/2008
-“Misato,” she gasped harshly. “he almost… we almost…” and then she completely lost it. She sobbed so hard I thought she’d bust a blood vessel or something.

“Sh… It’s ok Asuka,” Misato cooed gently in her ear. “I’m here now,” she said as she stroked the young girl’s hair.-

Burn. Nice job keeping with tradition of screwing him over, lol. I like how she blames him as soon as someone else shows up. It's the same as her screaming "pervert!" but on a much larger scale, even though she initiated it. Asuka has changed, yes, she's become worse.
proud shipper chapter 5 . 12/18/2006
i read this story awhile ago, but was so much of an idiot, i didn't review it! i then tried looking for it, which took awhile, but finally found it! yay! hehe.

anyway, i really really like this story. the ending was interesting, and a little bit sudden, but it fit. you wrote shinji and asuka very well. i've also started reading the sequal. great job!
ERROR809 chapter 5 . 11/27/2006
phew u scared me with the this is the end of the story thing, glad u r writing a sequal!
Nitro chapter 5 . 10/10/2006
This has been the BEST Post TI fic I have ever read. You are truly an artist.
Gizmo chapter 5 . 9/21/2006
Well, that was... different. Not bad, but different.
Necrokon chapter 5 . 8/19/2006
I just read your story and I'll say it was very tiring. I mean, you put way too much hardship in it. I just know that they could have been more understanding. Also, what kind of boy/man could ever be this naive. I mean you made Shinji to be a total dunce. That was not realistic. How could someone be so dense? That's just not possible. And another thing... what is up with the ending. You wanted someone to prove that it's a bad ending...fine. Here it goes. For one thing the story doesn't satisfy a person when he/she reads it. No one cares about any of the other characters coming from the LCL ocean. All we want to read is about the romance between Shinji and Asuka. How they love, understand, and support each other through the trials that the godforsaken Earth puts them through. It should not have ended like that. They were just about to start the new world and you had fuckin' Misato come out being all motherly, when she has fucked so many times. I mean that she's so tainted that she has no right to say anything to them. Another reason that she should keep her big mouth shut is that Shinji and Asuka have gone through so many ordeals that they should be considered adults. In fact, not even adults go through all the shit that those two have gone through. Also, and I think I speak for a lot of readers here, that the story should continue and show how they prepare for their child, and yes you have to describe how they had sex. You were already half-way through. You could just continue it the way you had started it. Nothing too graphical or specific. Then the chapters could go by months and have detailed accounts of what happens. Also, it never hurts to put a lot of waffy and romantic stuff in them. Then, after Shinji delivers the two children you could have people return. That way the children will have someone to continue the Ikari/Soryu family. Those are really good ideas. I really think that you should screw the ending with Misato and continue as said above. If you do it would turn out to be the best story ever.