Reviews for Matchmaker
iujisan chapter 75 . 6/17/2012
finished it. I actually liked how you kept to Erik's nature, but I was surprised at all the connections he had with a lot of people, especially with people working in the opera. The hidden nature of his kindness was a surprise, but I loved it.
Eccentric Dreamer chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Love the first chapter. Great intro to characters, already like the main female part. The restraunt scene was done impecably well. I could feel the tension in the air, and I was merely reading what took place. :D
Phantom Night Owl chapter 75 . 9/29/2011
Greetings. I came across this story after reading a few that were so bad that I couldn't finish them. I loved every word and every chapter of this story...the romance between Erik and Mirielle was so very satisfying...two older people falling very much in love and having adventures along the way... it kept me up until the wee hours of the morning. The ending of Leroux's book was heartbreaking...your story gave the Phantom a much better ending...going for a walk with his wife in the park. Your betrayal of Erik was very good...how a man without a nose can be considered sexy, is no mean feat, but you did it very admirably...in your hands he was a work of art. I'm never really crazy about how other writers work Christine into the 'other woman' stories, but you did it quite well. Now I'm off to read the further adventures of Erik and Mirielle.
Noxiaa chapter 75 . 11/19/2009
All I can say is "Wow". What a beautiful ending to a wonderful story! The attention to detail is incredible (I bow to your research!), and in all honesty, I've been alternating laughter and getting all misty-eyed. I've always been a huge fan of the book, even though I was inaugurated by the music, and it does my fannish heart good. Even Erik's Leroux personality quirks are here. His barbs with the good daroga, the pranks he plays in the Opera. As Leroux himself said "He had a heart that could have held the empire of the entire world; and in the end, had to content himself with a cellar". Mirielle truly is his perfect match. Mature enough to love and at least attempt to understand all the mental scars he bears. And I was often rolling at the dance between men and women, which is oh so true!

This story has so much in it. Romance, adventure, intrigue. Even a bit of a history lesson (I had no idea there were "ghost hunters" even back in that era). I'm purring in contentment, and truly inspired.

I need a day or two to savor this, but then I'll be definitely reading the sequel!
fags and coffee chapter 75 . 4/4/2009
I read this story in two days. So gripping and lovely it was. This was superb! I loved all your characters, especially Mirielle. And I enjoyed La Chance's change of heart for the better.

Dear, you have something fantastic here. You gave our dearest Erik the happiness he always longed for.

O.G.
fags and coffee chapter 39 . 4/3/2009
Aw! Nadir and Catherine are proving to be very sweet as well. I can't stand La Chance...bloody silly git...

Fantastic work!

OG
fags and coffee chapter 16 . 4/3/2009
They are so cute together! :D I can hardly stand it.
fags and coffee chapter 11 . 4/3/2009
Everyone on the stage held their breath in surprise when they heard a voice like God on high shake the building. “The Pork Butcher!”

Oh! I completely went LOL! I'm loving this fic of you so much. Great job!

OG
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Ooh. This is good.

TDH
avasion chapter 11 . 8/21/2008
that last line was a killer!
BleedingHeartConservative chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Hel-lo there! I have heard of you before but have not yet had the opportunity to read any of your work. This evening I had a spare moment and figured I'd stop by. Thus far, I am both intrigued and impressed. I like where this is going, and your descriptions are phenomenal.
JAXBOO chapter 75 . 12/2/2007
Bravo for creating and nurturing such an amazing story! Watching the metamorphosis of this Erik has been a sheer pleasure as was observing the changes real love brought to his life. You made Mirielle the strong, spirited, and special woman that could take a Phantom like Erik and help to make him into a man. Your cast of supporting characters was excellent! I loved your conversations between Erik and Nadir and the mystery and intrigue you created were perfect for this tale. Erik not only turned out to be quite human, but also a hero!

I appreciated the relationship you built between these two characters and you even went as far as to give us the steamy chapters that these characters warranted! ! Not only that, but you gave Erik a family in Mirielle's and even made him an excellent Grandfather. It goes to show that you are never too old, too jaded, or too beyond hope to find love!

Having Erik take his mask off in Mirielle's presence was the perfect act to show his commitment and love for her. He is quite the cupid or maybe he is Eros...or maybe just the randy satyr...but whatever he is, he was riveting to read about. You gave us what we always wanted for Erik...a woman who COULD be the wife that he takes for walks on Sunday!

This is truly a well-crafted story that will always be one of my favorites!

-Jax
Llandaf chapter 75 . 11/29/2007
Thanks!

I loved it. I'll be sure to check your website for the mature chapters. I'm a great admirer of smut.
Lady Fae chapter 75 . 11/28/2007
OMG, you should do a sequel or a series of short stories continuing Merielle and Erik's life together. I'd love to see more of Erik being a grandpa to Henri, and I'd like to see how Christine and Raoul mature and change now that Erik's happily married and is willing to help them out a little. Please write more on this, that would be fantastic!
Lenore Parker chapter 75 . 11/25/2007
It was absolutely great...I can't believe the story is over. I mean, I know it has to end, every story does. Still, I just wish it could keep going.