Reviews for Seas in Incarnadine
Rebeldynasty chapter 14 . 3/5/2014
This was an interesting introspective into Beowulf's psyche, here.

I think you did an excellent job, and it felt as though he was definitely in character; honour-bound, resentful of what he's been resorted to, yet remaining loyal to a Master he pretty much hates.

It's how I imagine Beowulf would have felt, after becoming a devil's arm.
Rebeldynasty chapter 11 . 2/24/2014
Interesting chapter. I don't come across a lot of DMC fanfics focusing on Nevan, and usually the ones I do find end up being lemon.

Not that that's a bad thing, but it was refreshing to see Dante and Nevan merely interacting, with only a hint of innuendo. :)

Also, it was an interested backstory you created for her; I like how you made Alastor (yet another lightning weapon) her brother. Very nice touch, indeed.

I felt she said "sugar" a little too frequently, but I feel that way when I battle her in the game, too. :P
Rebeldynasty chapter 10 . 2/24/2014
It was nice to see such camaraderie between Lady and Dante. I mean, we do see it, here and there between DMC3, 4, and the anime-but it was nice to see a bit more, since they're usually bickering about something, or she's using him for everything else.

Despite how she sometimes treats him, I still believe they're good friends; they have pride and stubbornness in common, but I figure if Dante really didn't want to deal with her crap, he wouldn't, and if she didn't care about him, she wouldn't hang around so much. I think the debts are just an excuse to drop in on him more often. :P

Now I'm just rambling, lol.

This was a good chapter.
Rebeldynasty chapter 9 . 2/24/2014
This is an interesting take on the manga version of Enzo; though I'm disinclined to think he's only a teen. I got the impression he was a bit older than that.

But in any case, I love the way you wrote this out; awesome dialogue, nice little bit of action there, and above all, a very charming, yet crass Dante.

I wouldn't have him any other way.
Rebeldynasty chapter 8 . 2/24/2014
This was excellent! I haven't come across anything from Enzo's perspective before, so it was good to see someone focusing on him a little more. :) It must have been pretty challenging at times, I bet.

I feel like there was so much more I wanted to say about this chapter, so much I liked about it, but I'm drawing blanks. Dialogue is one of my favourite things in the Devil May Cry world, and you delivered beautifully with it. I also like how you touch on his transformation from Tony to Dante; because just like in the novel, something in him changed. Sure, some of those key elements remain the same-but he does seem a lot more shrewd, more intelligent.

I'll have to pick this up again later today, once I take care of a few things.
Rebeldynasty chapter 7 . 2/24/2014
Ah, I see. You're playing with the possibility that Vergil didn't die at the end of the book, which would mean it does make sense (canonically, even if it's been retracted as canon) with the events in DMC1. That maybe his death was faked, and he went to lick his wounds, or whatever?

I guess I should have figured as much-but well, you know...Capcom doesn't like to be overly clear on these things.

Also, this was a very interesting chapter. Like you, I view Ebony and Ivory as females; for one, their names. For two, the Victorian women portraits in their hand guards. Anyone who thinks they're 'male' based on what Dante said in DMC1 is probably taking the "guys" bit too literally. :P

Anyway, they were very cute, being portrayed as children. I also think you did an excellent job, dealing with the complexities of Dante's emotions.
Rebeldynasty chapter 6 . 2/24/2014
I thought this was really well executed, considering how confusing things get, when you look at DMC3, the DMC3 mangas, DMC1, and the DMC1 novel.

Seriously, you did an excellent job, here. Even before DMC3 came into being, and the DMC1 was considered canon, there were still glaring inconsistencies between the DMC1 game and novel (think of Gilver's death; how does that make any sense, when the book was meant to lead into the game? Perhaps it could make some sense, but still...you get my meaning, I'm sure).

Honestly, I loved this. It was good to get inside Vergil's head, to see that, despite his usual calm and cool demeanor, there was some fiery passion underneath it all.

My heart aches for him, too. Little does he know, Dante never meant to forget him...it just sort of happened as a result of Rebellion tapping into his subconscious.

Awesome work. :)
Rebeldynasty chapter 5 . 2/24/2014
This was a lovely chapter.

I feel so bad for Jessica; partly because she keeps reminding herself she'll just get her heart broken by "Tony", and partly because of how she ends up dying in the book.

:'( He may not have romantically loved her, but he did care about her...it hurt him to do what he had to, in the novel. If only she knew...

It was a very sweet, simple chapter. I enjoyed seeing the dynamics between them.
Rebeldynasty chapter 4 . 2/24/2014
I loved this chapter just as much as the last; I think you portrayed his bond with Grue just as perfectly as you did with Nell.

I love the dialogue, I love how in-character they are. Despite the novel losing some of its canon status, I still tend to think certain events in it (when blended with certain events from the DMC3 mangas, as well as the games) can still be considered canon.

Great work on this, really. There may have been a typo or two in there, but I can't remember where I would have seen them. ; Sorry. Either way, this was really, really good!
Rebeldynasty chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
I was literally laughing out loud during this chapter. I really loved the dialogue between him and Nell. Ever since I first learned of the books, and then got my hands on them, I've had a soft spot for their bond. :)
Rebeldynasty chapter 2 . 2/24/2014
This was definitely an interesting look into his early years under the alias of Tony; it's as good a theory as any, as to what happened to him between his mother's death and his work as a mercenary.

I love how you've based the chapters around the weapons' perspectives. I'm not sure if Luce and Ombra count as devil's arms, but since Sparda owned them, it's possible. :)

Anyway, this is a very enjoyable read. I'm glad I found it.
Rebeldynasty chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
Within the first few sentences, you had me hooked.

If not for the fact that there are so many stories to sift through, I'd be asking myself how it is I'm only coming by this gem of a story, now.

As it is, I came across this on one of my reviewers' list of favourites (I've taken to doing this, to see if I can cut the searching of good stories in half).

This is incredible; I'm not sure if you'll even get my review or if you're even still active, but this is an excellent story, which I intend to keep reading, ASAP. :)
shadowphantomnes chapter 15 . 9/19/2013
Bloody awesome. I really like how you characterize all the different weapons, like Beowulf is a stoic but honest and the twin swords are amazing, and them going grocery shopping with Dante! Woohoo! I do wish you had expanded on that part (demon swords discovering the mall, perhaps? That would be amusing).
shadowphantomnes chapter 13 . 9/19/2013
This is the cutest, most awesome chapter ever! Dante hanging out with all of his various weapons in their positions, snuggling with Cerberus to deal with the heat wave, Cerberus thinking Dante should totally take Nevan up on her offer to sleep with him, Rudra perched on the ceiling fan and spinning around and around and Agni exiled to the roof, Ivory and Ebony bringing ice cream...
shadowphantomnes chapter 12 . 9/19/2013
Oh this was a great chapter! Dante working with the police to kill demons, the uptight FBI guy with a tiny cross trying to bullshit Nevan the sexy secretary and then getting shot at when his bluff was called, and well, Christensen was a jerkass but I'm sure he'll get his comeuppence if he hasn't already. And the rookie lived, yay! But Dante not being horrible at gambling seems to run counter to the anime...