Reviews for Amazing Grace
Diana Goodrich chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
Very affecting. Thank you!
Kaizoku-Taii chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Wow~~ really good! I loved this. It was very effective, the way you jumped from the past, to further in the past, back to now, and round again. Very effective way of capturing the muddled thoughtsof Radek, and how all these events are linked, somehow.

Very effective.
Potterworm chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Incredible story. You're a fantastic writer. I loved your take on Radek, but more than that, I love how you jumped around. Changing time like that should've made it confusing, but somehow, you made it work, making the story poignant and interesting and perfect. Really, really good job.
Scarym chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
What a beautiful and moving story. I thought you captured Rodney and Radek perfectly. You had just the right amount of guilt on Radek's part. It didn't over power the story. The backstory about the death of Radek's cousin really helped to underscore/explain why Radek felt as guilty as he did.

I liked the cutting back between Radek's rescue of Rodney and Rodney's rescue of Radek.
sandpiper764 chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
This story has been on my favorites list for some time. Great episode tag, and I liked the way that the story was told in bits and pieces that wove together really well. The start, where Radek is remembering his cousin, was a great start to this fic.
X-parrot chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Wow. Just amazing, the way the story weaves and circles around itself, the coming together and confessions and realizations of the characters...this is beautiful, simply beautiful.
Madripoor Rose chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
Excellent, excellent story. Heart-breaking for Radek. Just perfect.
Jenwryn chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
Beautiful.

I mean that in the most sincere of senses.

It is moving.

And it is beautiful.
mirokusan chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
I love this - it's one of my all-time favorites. Good luck on the stargate fan awards (if they ever get posted)!
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
I'll echo the previous reviewers...this story is astounding. I've now read it three times in the past two days and I'll come back again and again. Clearly one of my favorites of all time...
Eternal Afterglow chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
Very good. Nice and long too:)
nonniemous chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
You've captured both the character's voices and the trauma of all the incidencts so very well in this story. It's a lovely layering of characterization and story, so much depth (no pun intended) with such a spare prose. EAsily one of the best SGA stories I've ever read. Excellent, excellent work.
Sholio chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
WOW. This is simply ... wonderful. I was riveted to every word. I love the seamless interweaving of the actual events from the episode with the events of the story, and your reworking of the episode's events from different points of view ... and perhaps most of all, I love seeing a story that seriously addresses Rodney and Zelenka's friendship and gives closure for the events of Grace Under Pressure, revealing how much they care for each other while still keeping their prickly-antagonistic rivalry intact. And there are some beautiful little Sheppard-McKay moments as well! The writing is very well done and a pleasure to read. This is definitely going on my favorites.
saclateri chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
This is just beautiful - a wonderfu, wonderful story all in its own right, and not just a fabulous tag.

You've managed to weave the different threads perfectly. It's always clear where we are, and with who, and that is quite the accomplishment. The power of the dialogue, particularly in the final section, is all the more striking because of the way you've tied the best lines.

Some of the images caught me especially - "twisted Alice in Wonderland" summed up the parallels between the two 'stories' so very well. And the cracking glass and Zelenka's cracking ice just made me want to shiver. Speaking of emotional responses, I nearly cried when Rodney said "You came after me!"

And after all the magnificent angst, there was still room for perfect character points - McKay stealing the jello, and his irritation at being asked to quantify everything, and Carson staying when everyone else is ordered off.

I could go on all day with this, obviously. The tension was built very nicely, especially during Rodney and Radek's little heart to heart.

Ah, now I'm just gushing. Thank you so much for posting this.
bglolani47 chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
This fb should have been sent last week when I first read your ...shook have the characters voices down so well,I almost believe you must have overheard some of their that is not what affected me so see,on October 19th 2005,our youngest son (he's 12 yrs old) was crossing the highway after church ,and was hit by a sustained multiple broken bones,including pelvic and skull was hospitalized for nearly 8 weeks,and then home bound for another 8 is nearly completely recovered now and walking and back at what amazes me is that the terrible guilt you had Zelenka express,the coulda, woulda, emotions I guess I mean,were so closely mirrored in my own life.I know guilt is a nearly universal emotion and I am not your story came at exactly the right time for me to realize that nothing I could have done would have changed things.I knew that all along,really, but it took a fictioal character from a fictional t.v. show to make me understand took your words to make me really see that .So, thank you for an extraordinary story,and for some much needed healing.I realize this is not exactly the forum for personal stories ,but I wanted you to know how much this meant to me, and why. Lolani