Reviews for A Lasting Peace
Anon99 chapter 28 . 1/23
Although this is years after publication I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your story. I'm revisiting LOTR fanfiction after watching and being involved in "The Hobbit" community and found your story, which I had never read before.

Faramir is my favorit LOTR character, book and movie, so a well written and well plotted story is treasured. You have Faramir's character well in hand and your other canon and original characters are also multidimensionally drawn. It was also clever how you got across the horrific nature of what Faramir endured and the immense toll it took on him without becoming too graphic.
eva chapter 28 . 6/12/2008
You have presented me a very well-written story! Thank you for you work!

I'm truly moved by Fara's bravery and his love of peace, though reading about his torment has made me sad. Next time pray don't hurt him like that! A good steward should learn to protect himself from harm for his people and his king; and Fara's strengh lies more in intelligence and strategy, rather than fighting.

Anyway, I love this story.
szepilona10 chapter 28 . 3/21/2008
I really loved your story! It was one of the best fanfictions I have ever read! Thank you!

~Szepilona10~
Bell Witch chapter 28 . 2/11/2008
Very enjoyable well-plotted story. I put it on my favorites list, as you may be able to tell. Great characterizations, including the OC's. I plan to look to see what else you've written.
elenardas chapter 28 . 12/7/2007
Fabulous! Please, a sequel!
Rainbow chapter 28 . 10/14/2007
Great story! Just loved it!
Not2BForgotten chapter 28 . 8/28/2007
This was a Great! Story. The only changes I would make were a few more scenes with Faramir during his captivity, it seemed a little lacking and slightly forgotten in that area, but other than that it was SUPERB!
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
This is a beautiful beginning! You are truly a wordsmith and paint an incredible scene with clarity and precision.

Faramir is my favorite character and you already have him written in a warm, loving way.

I do hope this is not the last you shall write.

Hugs,

Ithilvalon
Blitz-Sora chapter 28 . 8/23/2006
Beautiful!

I hope you've considered writing as a possible career-or side career! Your diction, style, and mastery of the art is breathtaking.
StefaniaB chapter 14 . 7/28/2006
What a great, action-packed chapter this is. You kept it moving quite well. Alas, poor Faz is gonna get tortured, but I knew this from Chapter 1. Your Faramir is turning into a great action hereo. I was surprised to see Legolas injured as well as Faramir. I'm usually disinterested in "Armani Elf," but your portrayal of him in this battle situation piqued my interest.
StefaniaB chapter 7 . 6/13/2006
Ack. Karil is such a nasty s.o.b., isn't he. He seems almost a 19th century type, who would kidnap Eowyn and tie her to the railroad tracks, if there had been railroad tracks in Gondor.

I'm enjoying this so far.

- Steff
StefaniaB chapter 3 . 5/25/2006
Hi Sue -

Just wanted to let you know that I am finally catching up on "A Lasting Peace." And boy, does it live up to its promise. I certainly intend to follow it to its conclusion. (And thanks for being one of the few writers who does Movie Faramir. Hooray!)

Like Linda Hoyland and others have said, reading "A Lasting Peace' through the browser is a huge improvement over reading it at TORC. I'm glad you've brought your story over to a large readership.

- Steff
cDAK chapter 28 . 5/10/2006
wow, this was a great story. I hope that you will start another one soon, or better yet, I hope that you will write a sequel.
Mandy chapter 28 . 5/8/2006
What a great story! I'd have liked a little more of Faramir's trials and a little less of Eowyn's worry, but that's just me. As it is, what made it into the text was appropriate to the story. I'll have to go check out what else you've posted now!
lindahoyland chapter 28 . 4/18/2006
It is good to see Faramir well on the way to recovery and know how well Aragorn has cared for you for a most enjoyable story.