Reviews for A Lasting Peace
DostoevskyBrosK chapter 28 . 6/3
This story is just amazing, perfect, and truly something special. I love the emotion and characterizations! Thank you so much.
sirensbane chapter 20 . 2/26
No, Eomer! Don't make the "He's dead" sign fewer than the "He's alive" number! What if you get cut off? What would Eowyn do?
sirensbane chapter 16 . 2/26
I like how you don't focus on the torture itself, but how noble and determined Faramir still is even in the face of it. Too many stories seem to be written just to put the characters in pain, but the character's development and/or strength to endure makes for a much better story.
sirensbane chapter 15 . 2/26
A chill traveled down my spine when Faramir said, "I think not." I love how you portray him in this story: strong but not heartless, wise and just, affected by his experiences but not broken or made weak by them. I almost cried when he wrapped himself up with Eowyn; may he hold onto that strength until he is rescued!
guestreader chapter 20 . 12/13/2015
Your story is a true hidden gem. It is well thought out and your characterizations have depth.
Faramir's struggle is truly moving and the passage in this chapter when he is at the limit of his endurance and contemplating death and duty is as finely written as any fanfiction I have read.
Guest chapter 28 . 11/22/2015
Wanted to let you know even after almost 10 years your story is still being discovered and enjoyed. It is one of the better Faramir centric post rings fanfics out there. Thanks from a Faramir fan.
Anon99 chapter 28 . 1/23/2015
Although this is years after publication I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your story. I'm revisiting LOTR fanfiction after watching and being involved in "The Hobbit" community and found your story, which I had never read before.

Faramir is my favorit LOTR character, book and movie, so a well written and well plotted story is treasured. You have Faramir's character well in hand and your other canon and original characters are also multidimensionally drawn. It was also clever how you got across the horrific nature of what Faramir endured and the immense toll it took on him without becoming too graphic.
eva chapter 28 . 6/12/2008
You have presented me a very well-written story! Thank you for you work!

I'm truly moved by Fara's bravery and his love of peace, though reading about his torment has made me sad. Next time pray don't hurt him like that! A good steward should learn to protect himself from harm for his people and his king; and Fara's strengh lies more in intelligence and strategy, rather than fighting.

Anyway, I love this story.
szepilona10 chapter 28 . 3/21/2008
I really loved your story! It was one of the best fanfictions I have ever read! Thank you!

~Szepilona10~
Bell Witch chapter 28 . 2/11/2008
Very enjoyable well-plotted story. I put it on my favorites list, as you may be able to tell. Great characterizations, including the OC's. I plan to look to see what else you've written.
elenardas chapter 28 . 12/7/2007
Fabulous! Please, a sequel!
Rainbow chapter 28 . 10/14/2007
Great story! Just loved it!
Not2BForgotten chapter 28 . 8/28/2007
This was a Great! Story. The only changes I would make were a few more scenes with Faramir during his captivity, it seemed a little lacking and slightly forgotten in that area, but other than that it was SUPERB!
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
This is a beautiful beginning! You are truly a wordsmith and paint an incredible scene with clarity and precision.

Faramir is my favorite character and you already have him written in a warm, loving way.

I do hope this is not the last you shall write.

Hugs,

Ithilvalon
Blitz-Sora chapter 28 . 8/23/2006
Beautiful!

I hope you've considered writing as a possible career-or side career! Your diction, style, and mastery of the art is breathtaking.