Reviews for Gabbling with Gargoyles
deichan chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
This story is interesting~! But you might want to watch your spelling and punctuation, it'll improve this story you know, but otherwise, THUMBS UP!

XD
SuGaRLiLy chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Hm...this was very interesting. I'm just realizing that this is the first Goyle-centric piece I've ever seen/read.

I never really thought very much about Goyle, but he must need someone to confide in. I can't imagine Draco would be very effective in that capacity.

Nice job on this.
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
Heh. I always thought there was something suspicious about the name Goyle.

For all that Goyle never says a word in the books, he sounds very natural here. If indeed Goyle's capable of speech and of hooking several sentences together, he might just sound like this.

I also liked the voices of the two gargoyles themselves. "She hit me in the face." "Sounds like a real lady, boy."
heather the weird chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
Hehe wow that's so cool!

You have to wonder though, are the gargoyles [i]really[/i] talking...? Nah I bet Goyle has some sort of connection with them, after all it's in the name :D

"Gabbling with Gargoyles" totally sounds like the title for the next Lockhart best-seller, or it would if there hadn't been that...unfortunate incident with the old memory charms.

Anyway, awesome story. I think you portrayed Goyle really well especially his slightly dim-witted yet oddly amusing manner.

~Heather
Migratory chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
Brilliant. Marvellous dialogue, and I just love the idea of the gargoyles talking. Funny ending too.
coolmarauders chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
nice! I loved the twist at the ending. And I like stories with Goyle and/or Crabbe actually having feelings. I don't like them so much with Malfoy. I mean, HBP did hint that Malfoy wasn't going to do the thing he was supposed to do, but I don't like it when Malfoy just suddenly turns happy and good. Blech.

But this was excellent!

PRongs
Solarius Scorch chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
Tee hee, 'uncle' :)

Nothing special, but quite nice. And, actually, it's the first Goyle-centered fic I've ever seen.
Luna Obsessed chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
Loved it! You have Goyle perfectly in character, you should write more of him and Crabbe...especially if Luna had something to do with it...:P

The simple language between him and the gargoyles is perfect. Like in your fic with the 'new trio' the constant repeat of 'yeah' had me laughing, it fits him so well.

Talking to the gargoyles was a nice idea, and I can imagine him feeling that way about the OWLs and Draco...the idea of him being very into COMC would be good too, very realistic.

"Yeah, I know where to find you. Thanks for listening."

- this line summed up the whole fic for me, really. I don't know how to put it into words, but it was a great line, made me feel even more sorry for Goyle.

The uncle thing was funny too, and a perfect end to the story! Well done. :)

Tabby x
duj chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
It's rather a sweet idea to have Goyle related to the gargoyles and going to them for advice. Of course, the advice they give him is only what one would expect from a couple of stone monsters; be strong and stupid and rest on something solid..
fledge chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
GarGOYLE! Great piece! Although it's really good fund on the surface, it's quite sad deeper down, as well. One of the very rare fics that show Goyle as something like a human being. And of course Millicent would be EXACTLY the girl for him (unless Crabbe should have his eye onher as well). He will call McGonagall 'madam', though - how WOULD you pronounce 'mrs', anyway? Did you haveany special kind of slang in mind? Those gargoyles are using language that sounds very much like cliche 'Black English'.
Dead-Luthien chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
Nice. I find it sweet and funny. Why does Goyle say "See you uncle" at the end of the story? Also really funny the parts with "I told you" between the gargoyles. Apparantly, they spend a lot of time gossiping. Actually, if I were them, I'd do the exact thing because their lives must be really boring. Nothing to do but sit there and greet the professors.
Possum132 chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
"Its just that its real fun, being outdoors and dealing with hippogriffs and screwts and stuff, not being locked up in a stupid classroom. I know I could be good at it, and then I would have at least one good grade for show." Poor Gregory, Draco is so mean not to let him have a go at something he has a bit of talent for.

"... but there were not any rules against lurking in corridors. " Try telling Filch that!

Very enjoyable. More Crabbe and Goyle, please.