Reviews for Through A Mirror Darkly
Morbid DramaQueen10 chapter 20 . 3/5/2013
This was lovely. I'd like to see a continuation, possibly?
brooklynturtle chapter 20 . 11/28/2012
:O This is the end? I need a sequel please!
Tai Skywalker chapter 20 . 12/12/2011
This was different. You did put detail into the descriptions which was really comforting to the mind. I really loved the characterization you have Vader. So cynical, so sinister and so chillingly sensual; that it gave me shivers. I was hoping to see more interaction between Vader and Padmé but I see that there is a sequel of sorts to this one so I will be reading that next. I loved the fight scene it was very raw and strong :) and the way you would change the story into little time capsules was a bit confusing but one would get the hang of it. It was a good tale :)
Tai Skywalker chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
I like the beginning of this tale.

For some reason, as I read on, I felt a humane vibe coming from Young Vader when he gazed upon the holo. It was different. But somehow when you described the fixation he has with the beautiful female, it was eerie. That is just me! But it did intrigue me a lot. And the fact that the Jedi is Obi-Wan; it gave out a nice spice to it. I really like it :)
Tai Skywalker chapter 1 . 12/12/2011

Tai Skywalker chapter 1 . 12/11/2011

GoldenElysion chapter 8 . 9/2/2011
OMG! he's so dark ! so evil ! I like his darkness and its a bit disturbing. lolll I wonder what will happen next with Padmé !

really intreging !
steelneena chapter 20 . 9/3/2009
well, yes i honestly did love it. i'm pretty sure that i GET obvious emphasis on get, it but...it was just a tad confusing
Neqa'elis chapter 20 . 1/2/2009
I liked this story. You used some interesting characterizations; I especially loved your Vader.

Happy New Years :D
Admiral Lily chapter 20 . 10/25/2008
It was a little hard to follow sometimes but still very good.
Hokage-sama Naruto chapter 20 . 5/29/2008
hmm pretty good...
Rhetorical-Ducky chapter 20 . 4/26/2008
Those flash backs cetainly made the story line harder to follow, but then all the more intriging to finish.
indie chapter 18 . 9/12/2007
"Flimsi-plast image. Poor reproduction. Subject appears to be dark-haired young female. Image could not be improved by technical enhancement. Missing."

And we find out where his obsession began :D

"Of course, he understood why he took it - what a Sith wanted, a Sith took. What he didn’t understand was why he stole it, why he wanted it a secret from the officers, the other Hands, his Master."

That's very telling. That there was something shameful to LORD VADER about his actions. That the dark side in him understood the inherent danger and need for secrecy.

"Vapaad"

Hm ... a reference to Mace Windu perhaps?

"Vader strolled up to the other boy, looked him up and down - Darra watching apprehensively all the while - and slapped him with his open palm."

LOL! That's beautiful. Vader bitch slapped him. *dies laughing*

"I take no pleasure in killing your kind: least of all, old women like yourself."

And there it is again, Vader's inherent morality. Regardless of how it's warped and twisted, in how he can revel in the envy and humiliation of his peers, this act is still below him. He still wishes to face a worthy adversary, not torture an old woman. *claps*

“I look like a child. I’m not.”

Oh, indeed. I suspect he hasn't been a child for a very, very long time.

“I failed you,” she said so softly he almost didn’t hear her.

Oh, this should be *good* :)

“I failed you, all of you, but especially you. So I forgive you because I’m responsible for what you are.”

That's beautiful. It seems someone is always taking responsibility for his fall. In canon, we get Obi-Wan's regret, but his is so tinged with his own sense of betrayal, that it's somehow tainted. This is so much more potent. This old woman who truly, deeply regrets that she failed this young man even as she knows he's going to kill her. Heavy stuff.

"I am not. I was born royalty, in the Imperial Palace itself and I was raised a Sith from the moment I took my first breath."

Ah-ha! Lovely. Truly a mirror image. Rather than Anakin the slave saved by the Jedi, we get Anakin the royal heir abandoned by the Jedi and left to the Sith. That's some beautiful irony that it may turn out to be the canon Anakin, the one raised by the Jedi that will eventually prove to be the bigger monster (though maybe not, you do twists and turns very well ;))

Again, thoroughly enjoyable and enchanting story. I love the way you wove all the different pieces together.
indie chapter 17 . 9/12/2007
"Of all times for his strength to fail him. He had wanted to raise his head and watch those lips form his salvation"

Again with his ritualized behavior toward Padme. I'm very captivated by his personality.

And it's quite telling that his best case scenario, though we understand he wishes to protect her, is to lock her away from everything and everyone save him.

"Or failing that, he wanted to crawl to her, lie docile at her feet, her willing slave, ready to do anything she bidded, willing to be anything she wished."

Guh! Now that's telling. For a creature as dominant and vicious as Vader to even think such a thought ...

"The choice had been taken from him. He had felt the last of his life seep into the cold duracrete floor of the landing platform. He had died."

Ooh! this should be good. He wished death rather than to come before her in such a way and yet here he is, saved and reborn.

"It was some other Side of the Force, a Side that didn’t love him, that burnt even as it healed, that wounded his mind and soul by giving him back his memories like shards of a broken mirror."

And again, your exploration of his duality is just so captivating.

“Better luck in your dreams.”

Dammit!

Beautiful chapter. I look forward to more exploration of Vader's dual nature, of his ruminations on Palpatine's teachings and how exactly he came to be Lord Vader.
indie chapter 16 . 9/12/2007
“His blood will always be cold.”

ouch. and the puns keep coming ;) Darn though. I was hoping that Padme had some connection to Vader that made her wish to spare him.

"Kenobi recoiled as if slapped. "

That's lovely. Padme always one to turn people's own morality against them, to hold them up to the same standard they presented to others. Beautifully done.

"Kenobi should have been able to draw on the Force more strongly. But for some reason he couldn’t."

... interesting

“Of course, milady,” he said curtly. The red blade in his hand flickered and died.

SIGH! Thank you :D

"But the Force seemed to like this soul - the Force seemed to like flowed through and around him more strongly than anything the Jedi had ever seen and it forced them to meld with him… to heal him. Suddenly it was no longer their choice - but the very will of the Force that demanded the Sith to be saved."

Ooh! even more interesting! I *love* that.

"And as the last sinew of muscle was knitted in the open wound in his stomach, he let in a sharp gasping breath and his eyes opened."

That chapter was masterfully executed! Bravo! I loved the twist on canon. In canon we get Jedi Anakin newly turned to Sith, teetering on the edge and his friend and mentor Obi-Wan cutting him down, inflicting irreparable damage and leaving him for dead, sealing his fall to the dark side. And yet you twist and turn it so that Sith Vader is healed and saved by his sworn enemy Kenobi. Beautiful! And the way Padme plays into all of it ... *sigh* it's just lovely.

I've had a terrible day and this story is absolutely a joy and bright spot.