Reviews for Marigold of Misty Hollow
Tavaril chapter 16 . 11/26/2010
I recently re-read Magic for Marigold and so I was glad to find this story that told about her future. I hope to read more about her in the future. This was such a good story and I really love the character of Sylvia, she was my favourite in the story although I love Marigold too and Murray.
IrregularHonour chapter 16 . 11/16/2010
You put a lot of thought and effort into this story. I note it says on your profile that you are a writer? Does that mean you have published? I enjoy your work and would be interested in any books you may have completed. In the meantime, I hope you excuse me in my offer of honesty instead of the conventional nice review. The story was genuinely well written- and I particularly appreciated the wise lessons you scattered throughout. However, it did become preachy on occasion. Perhaps if you had selected one important truth and used that as a theme it would have been more effective. The truths you expounded are very important, but in the end almost overwhelmed the short story. If you expounded this into a novel format and so had more room to express these ideas without cramming it into a few pages it would convey your message a lot more effectively. Anyway- my apologies if this is in any way offensive. I am only a beginner myself at the art and feel that it could be presumptuous to offer you advice, particularly if you've published. However the morality you express in this story I am deeply sympathetic to, and I thought perhaps my genuine opinion may be of service.
IrregularHonour chapter 8 . 11/16/2010
I had to stop really quickly and enthuse about this chapter! The advice Dean gave to Sylvia is truly remarkable. I am very glad to see that it is still possible for someone these days to understand the true nature of what love is. Thankyou
XD chapter 16 . 3/1/2010
whoa this story is really well written. i can't wait to know what will happen next to Marigold! a sequel please? :)
rishie chapter 16 . 12/21/2009
o wow what a wonderful story, really good, very well written, excellent characters, just enough romance, perfect.

It would be great to see a swquel to this, hint hint.
CompanionWanderer chapter 16 . 5/23/2009
An ambitious project!

I'm glad to see you do something with Marigold, who I never thought was very interesting...she was always overshadowed by the colorful supporting cast, never doing anything exciting of her own volition but constantly just having things happen to her. She's a disappointingly weak member of Montgomery's tribe of heroines and I am glad to see someone acknowledge that and attempt to remedy it.

It's lovely to have the overlap with the Blair Water cast, as well, and see the way you've extended the families from that line, all in a very believable fashion.

I don't know that I have anything very deep to say about the plot...it's late and my brain is befuddled and I should be getting some sleep while the baby allows it! But this was an enjoyable jaunt into the LM world, which I haven't visited in...well, too long. Thanks for the trip!
Natalie chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
This is one of the best fanfics I've ever read of L.M. Montgomery's writing...it almost made me think that I was reading one of her books. Some of the slang and whatnot wasn't exactly right but that's not too bad. Amazing stuff.
Angie chapter 16 . 5/8/2007
A very, very great story! ) I really liked it. Thank you!
Frangipanigirl chapter 16 . 5/2/2006
I want more, now. Please write more about Marigold and Murray. You've got my interest sparked...why else would I be reviewing? Anyway, a great story. I can't wait to read more of your work!
emily in the glass chapter 16 . 5/2/2006
aww, i can't believe it's over. please tell us more about mari and sylvia at queens. maybe we can throw gwennie and budge into the picture, too. and mari's christmas holiday back home - how grandmother will react to the changed marigold, etc.
Ruby Gillis chapter 16 . 5/2/2006
Now you know you MUST write a sequel. You can't leave it here when everything is just coming together. I'd like to hear more about Marigold's studies and her quest to be a doctor. What will Grandmother say about that?

Also, I love Misty Hollow and its folks, but I miss Cloud of Spruce, and Mother, and Grandmother, and Salome and Uncle Klon. I so hope you will write a sequel because I really want to hear about them from your perspective.
r6144 chapter 16 . 5/1/2006
What a beautiful ending! The amount of romance is just right.
russianjudge chapter 16 . 5/1/2006
This story has been resolved so nicely, but I do hope there is a sequel planned. You have weaved a wonderful tale and I want to know more of Marigold's world. Thanks for the great entertainment.
Writing Epistles chapter 16 . 5/1/2006
Oh, it's over, but there is a promise of more to come, isn't there/ This was very nice, and I loved Marigold's talkind to her dad at the end. The last sentence made me feel a faint chill. I can feel the bittersweet end of summer just as if I was there.
Writing Epistles chapter 15 . 5/1/2006
So Murray's going to be a minister? I think that's great. Everyone seems to slowly be finding their place.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »