Reviews for If Only
animedramalover28 chapter 7 . 7/29/2013
I've read quite a few fan fiction stories about Jade Empire, but this one, by far, surpasses them all. By taking a simple comment Sky has mentioned in a conversation between the main character and him in the game, the writer has created an alternate story of Jade Empire two years before the actual one in the game. I have to say that this story is very original; the basic structure of the story is present, but the way the events unfold are different. The narration is well done and the words flow greatly enough to keep the reader intrigued and aware of the events happening. It also corresponds well to each character's personalities and the theme of the game. I must say that if I was given a choice to play the original game or this version, I would pick the latter. It really is a great story that I hope the author would continue writing. I strongly recommend this story for Jade Empire fans and people new to the game.
Thank you Elidi for this wonderful telling of my favourite RPG game! You have talent and damn the ones who say otherwise!
MerindaKalene chapter 8 . 6/21/2012
I just found this fic the other day, and now that I've read through it, I'm in love with it. I love the AU. Pinmei is adorable, and I'm interested in seeing her (inevitably adorable and fluffy) interactions with Sky. I also see her striking a friendship with Wild Flower, which promises yet more cuteness and smile... Though now that I think about it, she'd probably be a bit unnerved by Chai Ka, and especially when Ya Zhen makes his appearance.

I'm a notorious procrastinator, but your fic has given me some inspiration to start writing my own JE fic.

And if you ever feel you need someone to bounce ideas off of, feel free to drop me a message. :)
Omnidolor chapter 8 . 2/8/2012
Oooo cliffhanger! How mean :( Ha ha I like how you're jumping around in the story (and not within the lines of the order the game allows tasks to be completed). It's what makes this story different than your typical "here is the text version of my play through of Jade Empire." Can't wait for the next one!
Omnidolor chapter 7 . 2/7/2012
I'm glad to see that you're still working on this fic! I just bought and played the game recently, and it seems that no one is really writing for Jade Empire much anymore. It's nice to see a good fic still being updated. :) Hope there is more to come!
Cannibalistic Skittles chapter 3 . 5/16/2011
I like how this chapter begins. It's very...lyrical, maybe?

Still liking how it's different, but ties into the game. The reason for still going to Tien's Landing is great as well, as is the note from Master Li.

Overall, a great chapter!
Cannibalistic Skittles chapter 2 . 5/9/2011
I like how you managed to change their reason for and method of departing while still keeping some familiar elements-getting a weapon from Gujin, and Hing and Fen, for instance. I'm also liking Lienn. She seems to be fairly well-rouded and you focus on her just the right amount.
Cannibalistic Skittles chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
...aaaaawesome. :o

I love love love character development (and Gao, to be honest) so even from the first chapter I can tell I'm going to love this. Honestly, I'm hoping there will be more from Gao, and it seems like there's going to be, but I'm going to keep reading either way.

Loving this, and loving you for writing it. 3
Lyn Harkeran chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
I love Jade Empire! Thank you for writing a whole fic on it! YAY for me! ;D
Agent Sky Diamond chapter 6 . 9/2/2009
I love this story so far, I've just completed Jade Empire for the second time and chose the Sky/player romance route, and I must admit I really love the idea! I'm curious about what is going to be different, and heck a lot is different already. How will they meet Zu? Will they meet him? And what about Dawn Star, Whirlwind etc that you pick up in Tiens landing? I'm very curious and as such I think you should update soon :P

Hehe, obviously I know life tends to get in the way, I've left my stories for ages and uh yeh people tend to get impatient but hey ho! Good work and hope to see an update soon!
TheLostMinstrel chapter 6 . 8/19/2009
I really like this story, its facinating and I suppose Hui will be baby-sitting while Daddy and Lienn save the empire? Its only fair that Dawn Star turns up as well of course. Not being the biggest fan of Dawn Star myself (I think she's rather wet) I think you could do some unfavourable comparisons between them from Sky's point of view. I'm really looking forward to a new chapter.
Bearit chapter 6 . 3/4/2009
So it takes me forever to send reviews. Read this a few months ago, liked it, kept checking back for updates, and only just now have I thought to actually leave a review. I'm not good at this reviewing game. D:

I really do like this fic. I'm always a little hesitant about fics where the author renames the PC, but Lienn, I like. Two years prior to the start of the game, and she's not at the level that Master Li would like her to be, and that makes her all the more interesting, really. What I also enjoyed about this chapter is how we've gone a few chapters now with Sky and Lienn knowing each other, with Lienn noting only a day or two-if I'm recalling it correctly-after meeting him that he's attractive, and in THIS chapter, Sky's seeing her in a new light. I like it. It's not love at first sight, or attraction at first sight; they had to look at each other a few times before going, "Hey, actually..."

And Pinmei is adorable. And I love how Hui is going along with the adventure; I had so wished that she would have taken up my PC's offer to join the team. This makes me wonder-so much has changed, and so who will all be along for the ride with Lienn? Will Dawn Star? Gao gave the same ominous warning as in the game, and Dawn Star was left behind... uh-oh. D:

I don't want to gush too much, but I do want to note how much I love the attention to detail you're giving as to how things are different since Lienn is on the adventure two years earlier than in the game. Things are *different*; Ai Ling is not sending her thugs after Baker Bei because he's not engaged yet, the dam is still closed, etc.

It's been a while since you've updated, and I hope you haven't abandoned the story, but I know how it goes sometimes. ; In any case, I will continue to look forward to reading more!
Gemron chapter 6 . 9/1/2008
Awesome story. Please update soon. _
Requiem-Dragon chapter 6 . 8/11/2008
I love this story! I just finished playing Jade Empire on my computer two days ago as Scholar Ling, or as I called her Dragon Longfei, character and I loved the couple that she and Sky made! I am playing it thru again with the same character. Ling/Sky are the best! Can't wait for the next chapter! XD
luvondarox chapter 6 . 8/2/2008
Ah! Don't stop now!

This is a fabulous story - and a brilliant, however unexpected, deviation from the game. I love the writing style, and how you've managed to keep the characters true to their selves. And Kang! Your description of that mad inventor was great.

I hope to see more!
spanishbean chapter 6 . 6/16/2008
I can't imagine why you'd have any troubles getting reviews, so far this has been a pleasure to read! It's an interesting take on what 'could have happened,' and very nicely written. I admit to being relieved at your choice to keep Pinmei alive, it was quite sad to hear of her fate in the game. D; Good work so far, I'm really looking forward to the next installment! Rest assured you'll be getting more reviews from me.

Quick question: Which of the playable characters did you choose for Lienn?