Reviews for Fling
LJ58 chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
A friend tipped me off to this one, and I have to say it was a pretty good story for a one-shot.

Brava.
Daryl chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
i love romantic stories like this one. another definite favorite
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Great story! I really liked the descriptions and detail, though you could've gone deeper into Shego's POV. )
Muzzlehatch chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
This is the first of your fanfics that I've read, having just heard your interview with Allaine, KiY and Sobriety. That program was a prod to get me back to reading more KP stories.
Jesse Lee chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Excellent one shot! I also like how you had both wrestling with the decision of whether to go ahead with a relationship, or not. Good read.
List of Romantics chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Fan-freaking-tastic! So sensual and sexual, and yet so real... Again, another gem I can't believe I've never read! I thought I'd mined out most the femslash gold round these KP parts, but I was wrong.

I can't even begin to tell you how good this was. And I don't believe I'm the only girl wishing there was a second chapter here ;-)

You're quite the talent, Tempest. I do hope we see more of you in the future than we have in the recent past.

Highly Satisfactory!
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Well, after I got this fic recommended, I decided to come and try it out… or, read it out, whatever.

My first impression, admittedly, was that the fic was a little too dense, with plenty of narration that wasn’t leading anywhere for a while, but fortunately, the pace of it only speeds up from there onward, and it becomes a lot more fluid, without losing quality of narration? Quantity? Yeah, sure, but not quality, and that’s what matters.

On the story itself, well, I’m a little bit short of what to review at. It certainly bothers me a bit that there’re plenty of unanswered questions. Not that leaving inquires to the readers is necessarily a bad thing, but it is when it feels bothersome and potentially necessary to explain what the hell’s going and if the relationship is going to work or not. Fortunately, there’s the sequel which I think will cover these plothol-AHEM! Er… mysteries. U

But let’s go to what the fic DOES do well: It captures the reader’s attention! Starting right with we realizing what the title implies has just happened, and then the “revelation” of Kim “not being a lesbian”. It’s confusing, but capturing, and it certainly drives one to keep reading until all the pieces are brought together… or not. But anyway, the impact it causes is certainly a very good point about it.

Another good point is the portrayal. I don’t really have much to say about Shego, beyond the clear mention that she’s properly in-character, but with nothing special to comment about. Kim, on the other hand, seems to have been treated somewhat… deeper, at least in her thinking. Considering possibilities, expecting the worst outcome because of fear, regretting and confusing herself. It makes her more complex than what I’m used to with her character, but this can only be interesting, so in short: I liked it, and I’m curious about where this might lead in the sequel.

Yes, I’ll be reading the sequel eventually, but don’t get impatient, ‘cause I got a personal rule of not reading two separated fics of the same author right after one another. It’ll be there eventually, though.

Anyway, it was certainly a nice oneshot and an interesting preview of what I’ll be getting eventually. Congratulations and thanks for it, and see you next time. _
Six-string Samurai chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
I read this out of order it appears, but with the epilogue on A Period of Silence, it makes for a better read. Good times.
ErnestTheGuy chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
man i always love the reactions of Kim when its a Kigo story.
Wispr chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Bloody good story you did here, very emotionally intense and interesting. Good work.

Wispr
Desslock3 chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
So Kim learns that affairs of the heart and affairs of the mind are not always in agreement. Kim's roommate, Beth, seemed a little to good at reading Kim and being able to coax things out of her. Other than that I thought the interaction between Shego and Kim was really good. I also really liked how you used Kim's mental musings about what is and isn't expeted of her after she woke up in bed with Shego as a way to show that Kim, despite being older and at least in college, is still very much an insucure young girl at heart.
A Markov chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
nicely tittilating. The back story of Kim and Shego hanging out and clubbing was a little thin but the whole piece flowed well. Kim's angst and inner conflict was well done and the OC was a perfect foil without a lot of baggage.

Alex.
beeftony chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
Nice one. I think this is the first KiGo I've read where it *starts* with the climax. You really outdid yourself in the language department. The words have a natural cadence and flow and the descriptions are at once appropriately vague and just vivid enough to give a general sense of the situation, giving the first section that "morning after" effect. The dialogue is also outstanding, and I think you found a great psychological reason for the two of them to sleep together, even if it's the same one everybody uses (you went more in-depth though). All in all, great fic. This one's going on my favorites.
dartblade chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
kool story man pretty fun keep up the good work
mouserr2255 chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
oh very nice ... very ... on to the next instalment