Reviews for Endgame
jenilee chapter 6 . 4/29/2007
I think you need to recommend a cheery piece to read after this story. I don't usually read death fic but seeing as I love your alls other stories I though I'd give it a go.

Very nice story if that's the appropriate description for something that fills you with dread around the second chapter and finishes up by making you bawl through the last two.

Now that the tears are dry, I'm having a bit of an anger issue with John, even with Sam(who is my favorite and can do no wrong)!I can't believe Sam just gave up after all the fighting and stuff he's been through!I suppose there isn't alot he could have done, all trussed up like a Christmas goose, I half expected another "I'm sorry" when he was having his throat slit.

Yep,definately need to read something cheery
MollybyGolly chapter 6 . 1/22/2007
AH! They're all dead? Oh shit...bloody hell...oh, I'm sad now... but v. good story... :(
Starliteyes17 chapter 6 . 12/27/2006
When I think of the plausible ends for the Winchesters, this is really the only one that seems realistic. And by that, I mean where all three of the remaining Winchesters die in the end - a perfect ternion of love, pain, regret, and passion.

When I imagine the Winchesters in a spiritual sense, I always envision four souls so tightly laced that you cannot distinguish one from the other, besides slight differentiations in color. But even then, they are so tightly bound that even close up the colors of each blend together to form a unique color all it's own. I know this all sounds crazy, but every time I read the end of this, when Dean holds Sam's body and puts their foreheads together, then gently presses their lips together - that is when I truly feel that FINALLY, someone has encompassed the true spirit of the Winchesters into a fic. Finally, someone has put the poor boys and their tragic father into circumstances where nothing can be held back, and every emotion increases tenfold into something that is tangible to the audience, to each individual reader.

I'm writing this review to let you guys know that I believe you did that with story - that you brought to life what few can. Horrific as it may be, uncomprehensible as it may seem, this situation not only feels real, it feels appropriate (and by that I do not mean the details, 'cause WOAH - Papa already bit the dust, just the ultimate ending). I think you guys know as well as I do that the tv show will most certainly NOT end with both boys dying, and especially not with suicide (maybe sacrifice, but not suicide). In fact, I truly believe that both Dean and Sam will survive, if only to appease the masses. But the true essence of the brothers, of all the Winchesters, even if it lives only in fanfic and not in the show itself, lies here. Please be proud of that - it is indeed something I can only mimic and will never reach, and I think many others feel the same way.

In conclusion (since I've rambled so much!) Bravo. I adore this, as has been evidenced by it's many months on my Favorites list and the many times I have read and reread it. For me, it represents far more then just another Limp!Sam story. Thank you for writing this.
onemediumdrip chapter 6 . 10/11/2006
I'm speechless. That was just... wow.

Pretty sure when we first found out John was gonna kill Sam, I said, "John's gonna kill Sammy? That's terrible! And yet... terribly intriguing..."

Fantastic job. I can't even find the right words to describe. My vocabulary simply isn't big enough.
PointOfView chapter 6 . 8/6/2006
((They had become their own worst nightmares, each becoming the epitome of what they had never wanted to be. The father was the evil, the oldest was the rebel, the youngest was the good little soldier.))

That has to be the saddest thing I've ever read!

And you're right (esp after watching DT) it could still so turn out this way.

You really can write! Both of you, individually, and together!

You were right I probably shouldn't have read it. :-(

But I'm still you're biggest fan. Just no deathfics for a while. Okay. I don't stock enough kleenex or anti-depressants.
PointOfView chapter 3 . 8/6/2006
GULP!

John's out of his ever lovin' mind!
PointOfView chapter 2 . 8/6/2006
Could you please go back and write another fic about the goat. ;-)

Sam bonded with it. Aw!

So far... so excellent!
PointOfView chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
I've made it through the first chapter and all I can say is WOW! You two can write! I know what you're thinking the hairy stuff comes later but I just have to say it is *so* worth the try to read because

YOU TWO ARE AMAZING! ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWING AWESOME WRITING!

((He couldn't remember when he first thought to put them on the ceiling, to skewer them there alive and terrified. He relished the suspense of it, the symbolism.))

YOU ROCK!

((They were primed now, all of them. Primed and ready. It had gone on long enough. It was time.

He smiled, nodding slowly. Yes, it was time.

And all he would have to do was sit back and watch.))

EXCELLENT set up! LOVE THIS!
Evergreene chapter 6 . 6/16/2006
*stunned silence* Wow. That last chapter was brilliantly written, I'm actually crying right now. I usually avoid death fics, but this one was stunning, the language and the emotions behind each of the Winchester's actions were perfectly thought out and performed. That phrase "gruesome poeticism" just sums it all up I think.

Well, I'm feeling kind of depressed right now, so I'm gonna go read something happy, but this fic will definately stay with me for a very long while.
Evergreene chapter 4 . 6/16/2006
Usually I wait until I get to the last chapter of a story to review but after the last couple of chapters I couldn't stop myself from reviewing now. So...

Ah! John is so evil! *advances on him with a burning pitchfork* So very very evil! *makes threatening stabbing motions*

And poor (limp) Sam, *huggles him* and Dean, with the whole 'my father wants to kill my brother thing and all.' *huggles him as well*

But back to the evil John thing. Ah! *more stabbing*

Anyways, now that I've vented my anger at the evilness of John (ah!) I'm gonna get back to reading this brilliant story now...
LoveJeter chapter 6 . 3/30/2006
All I can say is "WOW"

Kinda scary that I can actually picture something to this effect happening on the show.(although its not likely..thank god)

I like how "the evil" played them by making John think Sam was evil and how Dean WOULD choose his brother over his father as evident in him killing his father and Dean losing everyone and realizing he can't go on without Sammy and the devastation of not protecting him causing him to kill himself. Great story.

PS...I like the beginning as well. You got the funnies down pat between the 2 boys.
H.T.Marie chapter 6 . 3/30/2006
You got the last part right. It is so true that evil wins in this case. I truly don't believe that John wouldn't have known that, however. I do agree though, that Sam's death would destroy them all. I hope they don't go this way on the show, and I don't think they'd be able to. Dark Angel got slammed in its first season for being too dark, and this far surpasses that in its darkness quotient. But it was a very good read. Extremely well done. Two pats on the back.

H.T.
H.T.Marie chapter 5 . 3/30/2006
This is a compelling read. Of course, there's no way Sam can be naive enough to believe that his family can ever recover from this. He knows better. This is as much a suicide as it is a sacrifice.

H.T.
WinchestersGirl chapter 6 . 3/25/2006
evil demoN! that was a really good story, even if u killed the ppl we love the most! :) lol good job! :)
carocali chapter 6 . 3/21/2006
Well, all I can say is Wow (which I believe has been echoed in other reviews). To be perfectly honest, I think the series might end on some kind of note like this. My 'fear' is that John will discover that Sam is the cause of everything and find that he has to kill him. I always believed the Sam would die at the end, not Dean.

It was amazing how you two were able to make the triangle of anguish even greater by one killing the other and then Dean killing himself. Sam, the sacrificial, brave lamb, and Dean just overwhelmed that everyone had left him. Perfect prose, just depressing as hell. I can't wait until you do another one.

:D