Reviews for Not a Fish
sakura cherry bloosm chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Wow! This Kaito likes fish! A new type of Kaito who does not scream his head off when seeing a fish! (Well, a mermaid is kinda like a fish)
Graywolf22 chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Dude, that was awesome. You win a cookie and all of my internets. I want moar.
Tinted Basket chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Well that's an interesting AU. heh Hakuba being part Selkie is terribly amusing. I can imagine what just he'd look like. It's also an interesting new take on the Kaito/Hakuba meeting. Their not as antagonistic when they both having something to hide. ;)

The beginning of the fic really threw me. I'm like, Kaito's hates fish, how the heck is it that he's making out with one? Then I figured it out. And tried not to picture the shocked looks on Shinichi, Heiji, Aoko, and Akako's faces if they ever found out. XD

Nice fic. Awesome detail. Sweet fanservice. And thanks for the entertainment.
A Bibliophile chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
I remember Silkies. I got a lovely book of Scottish faerie tails when I was in Europe and one of them was about a seal hunter who accidentally stabbed the king of the Silkies. Then, the rest of the Silkies all took their vengeance upon him by kidnapping him, chucking him over a cliff and turning him into a seal. Why are sea-people tales always so depressing in the end?

In the book, there was also a sorry about a girl who met a toad, married him, then found him so irritable that she chopped him into little pieces with an ax, which had the odd effect of turning him into a dashing prince. o_0

I love how Kaito refers to Hakuba as not-a-fish.
canceled18 chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
your story lacked detail and it was hard to tell which person was talking. Im pretty sure you could do better than this.
softdreamer chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
great story

laughrd all throughout
nobody chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Well, I took the plunge and finally read this story. You have a gift for combining fairytales and stories and turning out something that no one else would have thought of. It was quite entertaining, nice job.
Dybael chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Love how he refers to navel-gazing as contemplating his belly button. It's just the right ratio of glib to serious. XD
goldfishlover73 chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
Wonderful story, its very funny.

But it got me thinking;

at the beginning when the 'not-a-fish' Hakuba is kissing Kaito, giving him air. doesn't that mean that he has gills? (not bringing up how fish have gills)

Couldn't they, with the gills, he could sit there giving Kaito air all day right?

Which got me thinking, what if Kaito was also a merman 'not a fish' thing.

Wouldn't they be able to just sit (or swim in place) all day kissing as such with the gills on their necks, filtering air so that they dont have to breathe as the little mermaid, the disney one, suggest?

*imagines Hakuba and Kaito kissing for three hours non stop, with Hakuba checking his pocket watch everynow and then.*

Well, now you realize that I over think everything past 1.00 in the morning.

Oh well.

Once again wonderful story. Never new that there was a more gruesome little mermaid story.

But once I heard Hans Christan Andersons name I shoulda' figured as much...XD
iCe chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
*laughs hysterically* I never thought I'd read shounen ai willingly. First time for everything, I guess.

This kind of reminds me of a Conan/Kid doujin.

Silkie, very nice... although I always thought silkies were bound to roam instead of "she couldn't leave." but then the lines wouldn't flow well if that's the case.
arsg66 chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
YAY! I love this fic! XD
magicbulletgirl chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
Wow - that was one of the best one-shot Hakuba/Kaito I've read to date.

Some try to write them. You actually write them.

Really like how it flows - like the sea XD - anyway great job...

and I'm sure you've already got a sequel forming so do it!
YumeTakato chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
very interesting- in fact.. this sort of makes me giggle, but in a weird way. O.o Anyways, uhm.. very unique story!
KosagiNoLegion chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
(Being lazy and not logging in)

Read the earlier version of this on the LJ but still enjoy it muchly.

How big is the orca end, I wonder. *ponders*