Reviews for This Woman Was Smiling
shadowkat678 chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Oh my Merlin this was awesome...
sleepy queens chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Aw, that was so sweet! Peter needs more love!
Opifex the Singer chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
This is really good!

OK, the standard for HP fics isn't exactly amazing, but this is really well-written. In fact, I'd say it's novel-standard prose.

Well done!

RenieandtheMoo chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
That was unexcpected. People don't usually love Peter. Though that was slightly stalker-ish love. I liked the ending, although the fact that she still loved Peter thirty years later was also a bit stalkerish.

StLibee chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
Wow. I was totally blown away by this story! It's so original and actually focuses on someone liking Peter, a hard thing to find really. The large paragraphs put me off at first, and there were some writing mistakes, but your story was wonderful! :D

Vermin Disciple chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
The name has changed but this is, in all likelihood, still me.

The ending was excellent. Although it would have had a bit more of an impact if you hadn’t told me about it on the phone : P

I’m in two minds about the length. I’m not sure it would work quite so well if it were longer, but on the other hand it might be nice to see… more. Erm, I’m sorry about my super specificness. I think I just want to see more Peter stalking.

Adrienne is such a relief after some of the OCs I’ve read lately. Definitely not a Sue. And she really does seem like exactly the sort of person who would pick Peter above the other Marauders. Characterizations like that can so easily go wrong and not make any sense, so kudos to you.

I did see a couple of typos, and I think there’s something amiss with your timeline/ages. I’ll email you if I figure out what.

I think I’ve rambled long enough.

Oh, and I *love* the line about the mirror, by the way.
Alice Dodgson chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
This is very, very well written! Correct spelling and grammar, good characterization and description of emotions, interesting plot...the ending even gave me chills!

Wormtail doesn't get written about a lot in HP fanfiction, and much less often is he depicted as the object of someone's desire. So it's really refreshing to see a Marauders-era story that's not just the same old "OMG SIRIUS IS TEH HAWTTNESS!11" crap. I also must admit that I normally don't like reading fanfic with original characters, but Adrienne is actually pretty likeable. Not at all the ditzy skank that a lot of OCs are, and I think you've avoided turning her into a Mary Sue. You are so going on my favorite author's list. :)

I noticed that this is your only HP fic. You should definitely write more!
Lady Snowmoon chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
Hey, I really liked this, even though it was really sad...beautiful writing :) (a few typos that might need fixing, however)
druplusspike chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
This was actually really good. Your OC isn't a Sue.

I have 2 critiques; 1. Go through again & check grammar & spelling, you missed a few errors. 2. I find it hard to believe that she would have absolutely no friends. Intelligence is valued in Ravenclaw & Hufflepuffs value hard work. Maybe she should just have poor social skills?

Anyway, good story. You make me want to read more about her.
hufflepufflication chapter 1 . 3/2/2006

My first response was going to be "Hello to yet another boring Mary Sue."

Instead, my response is:

I'm impressed. That's a solid character, though with the length of the story she remains a bit underdeveloped. You're not ignoring Peter's existance like so many other writers (who typically have names like Mrs. Black or lupinsgrrl