Reviews for As If
MidwestDreamer chapter 7 . 7/2
Well played! There is just something so right about Tony being the central character in a story premised on a film classic. I really enjoyed the way you crafted this to work in a present-day scenario into which Tony, the rest of the team and the Bureau all fit seamlessly. (I also really liked the way you had Gibbs mention having seen "The Manchurian Candidate"- the nod was a nice touch.)

Your case fic was well done and the pacing was spot on. Every time I thought Tony had turned the corner at last and I allowed myself a sigh of relief, things ramped up again.

The other thing I appreciated were the glimpses you gave us of what I think of as "the real Tony." Unlike Kate and, to a perhaps lesser degree, Tim, I had no trouble picturing him doing things for his neighbors and being concerned about their wellbeing enough to do things like holding classes on home safety. In my opinion, Tony is/was (as I write this, a DiNozzo-less Season 14 concluded a couple of months ago, following Michael Weatherly's decision to leave the show at the end of Season 13) one of most complex characters on the show, and I'm always thrilled when authors explore the man behind the masks and his backstory in ways that the show's writers chose not to do...or were unable to do, due to the time constraints imposed by episodic television. You captured him in all of his "Tony-ness," from the often goofy and annoying co-worker to the gifted and strong agent to the man who really is concerned about others...and willing to sacrifice himself if it means keeping them safe.

This was a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining read, and I thank you for sharing it.
pianomouse chapter 7 . 3/11
Fantastic story, I loved the suspense. Thank you for sharing this with us.
bjq chapter 7 . 12/11/2015
fabs
Guest chapter 7 . 8/11/2015
Loved it! Poor Tony!
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 5/25/2015
Excellent!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Terrific start! Gut wrenching and absorbing!
Frakking Toasters chapter 7 . 2/24/2015
Awesome story. Thank you so much. I really, really enjoyed it. xo
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
You killed him. You killed him! And is such a unique, creative, and, dare I say it, good way that I can't even hate you for it. Dang, I hate it when writers write so good I can't hate them for what they've done!
ghostboi chapter 7 . 4/23/2011
I wanted to kick the living hell out of the wankers who caged Tony. D-

Awesome story, you had me worried for Tony, there for a bit. Yay for a great ending _
elderwitty chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Really good story.

The plot was torturous (in the good way), with twists and turns that I didn't see coming. The characterizations were good, both in the real folks and their hallucinations as-seen-by...

Good h/c, too. Poor DiNozzo. He's just so fun to whump. :D

Concrit:

There are a couple of instances of 'loosing' for 'losing' and a few separated words 'gun shot' for 'gunshot'. Other than those, I didn't see much that could be improved.

Good job!

(anonymous can go suck a lemon!)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO WARN IN THE TITLE WHEN THERE IS A CHARACTER DEATH! DUH!
The Lost Kid chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
OMG! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT TONY!
Greysh chapter 7 . 7/10/2010
Lovely fic! very interesting plot! poor tony - always in trouble, but he did great!
mybether chapter 7 . 6/11/2010
Best fanfic ive ever read! Thanks for sharing it:)
scryoko chapter 7 . 4/8/2010
Hi! I sent you email awhile back (to your email) but I wasn't sure if you received it or not so I'm hoping to try again here through . :) Originally, as I was sending the feedback directly to your email, the reviews for all three of your NCIS stories was in one email, but since I'm sending it through now, I decided to properly split them up.

Well, I'd stumbled across your NCIS fanfics on your site ( k. ) and boy am I glad I did! I fell in love with reading each and every one of them. The plot for each of them is... riveting. And the action, adventure... and the suspense! I finished all three in one sitting. The only thing that has me down is that there aren't anymore NCIS fics from you that I could read. Because I'd know that no matter what, I'd love them.

The first story I read was "As If" and that - that just damn well blew me away. The plot was Awesome (with a capital A, dammit!). I love the twist you put it in. Just when you thought that they brainwashed Tony to blow up the NCIS Headquarters, you're thrown a curve ball that no, the bad guys aren't stupid at all, playing Tony like a frickin' pro. And then! And then just when you think the bad guys are caught and everything's over, there's the code word and suddenly, everything was kind of what you thought it to be in the first place: that he was programmed to kill. Damn. Double damn. I'm so very thoroughly impressed. I loved it. I loved how one of Tony's hallucinations is his father, loved how Gibbs trusted Tony in the end, when he said "Operation Turkey" softly. I loved that tender moment. This really was a fantastic read.