Reviews for As If
Nice idea for a storyline. Not too short nor too long. Only other thought is maybe double or triple check spelling &a grammar. It is very distracting to try & read a story with those errors. Again nice story. Great job. Looking forward to reading more from you.
MidwestDreamer chapter 7 . 7/2/2017
Well played! There is just something so right about Tony being the central character in a story premised on a film classic. I really enjoyed the way you crafted this to work in a present-day scenario into which Tony, the rest of the team and the Bureau all fit seamlessly. (I also really liked the way you had Gibbs mention having seen "The Manchurian Candidate"- the nod was a nice touch.)

Your case fic was well done and the pacing was spot on. Every time I thought Tony had turned the corner at last and I allowed myself a sigh of relief, things ramped up again.

The other thing I appreciated were the glimpses you gave us of what I think of as "the real Tony." Unlike Kate and, to a perhaps lesser degree, Tim, I had no trouble picturing him doing things for his neighbors and being concerned about their wellbeing enough to do things like holding classes on home safety. In my opinion, Tony is/was (as I write this, a DiNozzo-less Season 14 concluded a couple of months ago, following Michael Weatherly's decision to leave the show at the end of Season 13) one of most complex characters on the show, and I'm always thrilled when authors explore the man behind the masks and his backstory in ways that the show's writers chose not to do...or were unable to do, due to the time constraints imposed by episodic television. You captured him in all of his "Tony-ness," from the often goofy and annoying co-worker to the gifted and strong agent to the man who really is concerned about others...and willing to sacrifice himself if it means keeping them safe.

This was a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining read, and I thank you for sharing it.
pianomouse chapter 7 . 3/11/2017
Fantastic story, I loved the suspense. Thank you for sharing this with us.
bjq chapter 7 . 12/11/2015
Guest chapter 7 . 8/11/2015
Loved it! Poor Tony!
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 5/25/2015
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Terrific start! Gut wrenching and absorbing!
Frakking Toasters chapter 7 . 2/24/2015
Awesome story. Thank you so much. I really, really enjoyed it. xo
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
You killed him. You killed him! And is such a unique, creative, and, dare I say it, good way that I can't even hate you for it. Dang, I hate it when writers write so good I can't hate them for what they've done!
ghostboi chapter 7 . 4/23/2011
I wanted to kick the living hell out of the wankers who caged Tony. D-

Awesome story, you had me worried for Tony, there for a bit. Yay for a great ending _
elderwitty chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Really good story.

The plot was torturous (in the good way), with twists and turns that I didn't see coming. The characterizations were good, both in the real folks and their hallucinations as-seen-by...

Good h/c, too. Poor DiNozzo. He's just so fun to whump. :D

There are a couple of instances of 'loosing' for 'losing' and a few separated words 'gun shot' for 'gunshot'. Other than those, I didn't see much that could be improved.

Good job!

(anonymous can go suck a lemon!)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
The Lost Kid chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Greysh chapter 7 . 7/10/2010
Lovely fic! very interesting plot! poor tony - always in trouble, but he did great!
mybether chapter 7 . 6/11/2010
Best fanfic ive ever read! Thanks for sharing it:)