Reviews for What If Why Not?
Starsinger chapter 5 . 6/6/2007
My only problem with this story, is it's not done, not really. You left us hanging regarding Arcade. Other than that, love it!
Cat 2 chapter 5 . 3/27/2007
PLEASE UPDATE! this is a brilliant story and i want to know what happens next.
Daemen Reisho chapter 5 . 6/5/2006
Does that The End really mean the end of this fic? I hope not. Please continue, this story is really good and you actually seem to have some talent.
GothikStrawberry chapter 5 . 4/23/2006
Uoh, it seems Mr. Lehnsherr has just made a connection with is dark self ... if Arcade hadn't kidnapped sweet little Illyana I would actually feel sorry for him.

I loved the bit with Sage licking her fingers ... Kitty is right it is creepy. Very much so. But I still like her for not running of and telling everyone that Piotr is Illyana's father rather than her brother.

Another wonderful chapter, MadripoorRose! :)
Xakko chapter 4 . 4/14/2006
thank you thank you!

if only they would deal with this in canon and make the terrible taste of Secret Wars go away. it would be wonderful if Whedon could take some pointers from this and have Piotr and Kitty talk about Zsaji once and for all.

(And maybe explain away the Pete Wisdom phase)
Mint Dragon chapter 5 . 4/14/2006
Gyah. Creepy. (and I totally agree with Kitty. Sage freaks me out.)

Can't wait to see what happens next!

-Mint
Harry2 chapter 5 . 4/14/2006
I can understand both Kitty and Erik's POV in this story. For Kitty, being dragged back into this world was something she did not want to do, but when a child is concerned, all bets are off! And for Erik, again, when you threaten a child, especially a child that is related to one of the team members, ALL BETS ARE OFF! You will be facing not Erik Lehnsherr, Professor at the Xavier institute, but Magneto. And I would NOT want to be in Arcade's shoes when that happens!

Also, I have the original 3 issue arc that first showed Illyana, which had both Arcade and Doom in it! I would find it interesting to see what would happen in this universe should Victor Von Doom decide that he would wish to consult with either Xavier or Lehnsherr.
GothikStrawberry chapter 4 . 3/30/2006
This is really good! I mean REALLY good. I love it and I have never been that much of a Kiotr fan, but you write them very well together and it made me appreciate the couple. I think you may have converted me to the Kiotr-fandom. :)

Anyway, I can't wait to see what will happen next.
Amokitty chapter 4 . 3/27/2006
This story was so powerful and thought provoking!

The mindset of Peter is similar to his 616 counterpart before Secret Wars began. He loves Kitty, wants to marry her, have a family with her. And then the Beyonder kidnaps him and all hell breaks loose. Suddenly he forgets he loves Kitty and forgets what she even looks like. Nothing matters but Zsaji. Just how realistic was it of him to do this? Your explanation makes Peter's (unwitting) mistake easier for us fans to understand and accept. It Makes Sense.

Like any drug addict, Peter can focus on little else other than the alien who has him in thrall. Despite Zsaji's altruistic sacrifice, Peter's decision making abilities were taken away from him. Something I have wondered for years... why did Zsaji suddenly drop Johnny Storm like a hot potato? Yes, I realize that he neglected her, but if Zsaji's feelings for Johnny had any depth to them, would she have jumped ship so easily? Did she understand what fidelity meant? Peter never questioned her sudden change of boyfriends in Secret Wars, but I think he should have. Shooter never 'got' Colossus at all. He had a complete lack of imagination when it came to this character.

Unlike Shooter, you give us Peter's POV and make us sympathize with him rather than despise him as I did all those years ago. Re-reading SW years later, I realized it was terrible writing that caused this situation. My then teenaged self didn't get why Peter would cheat. My older self came to comprehend that he didn't cheat WILLINGLY. Your rape analogy is shocking but apt.

How and why it happened is up for debate, but regardless Peter never had a choice in the matter. I'm glad you had him realize this. I'm also glad that Kitty was compassionate and understanding. Peter had no control over what happened to him.

The mention of grandfather Andrei Grigorivitch was an unexpected treat. So THAT'S why Rachel's childhood playmate was named what he was in your previous story, "First Time, The Second Time Around". It's all coming together isn't it? :)

Thanks for giving Peter & Kitty the ending they should've had (22 yrs. ago this month ). It was so much more believable than what happened in canon. Excellent work.
Harry2 chapter 4 . 3/24/2006
The idea of Piotr being raped on the Beyonder's world is something that I had never thought of before. And, I must admit, it gives me something to think about. As far as Logan goes, he is, in 99% of the titles, the most honorable man you will ever meet. But, as he told Piotr, hurt his girls, and you will pay. I will be looking forward to more of this storyline. Perhaps, SWII when the Beyonder came to earth?
Harry2 chapter 3 . 3/24/2006
So, things are proceeding just like they did in the comic book series. The question is, will the Beyonder come to Earth, or will you end the Secret Wars here, and continue on from there?
Harry2 chapter 2 . 3/24/2006
So, its Secret War time, eh? This version is much more different than the comic book version, and works a lot better. And, if anyone complains again about Cyclops not being in this story, just remind them that in the What If that started this whole thing, he was working, along with Alex, for Sinister and the Marauders!
Kirayoshi chapter 4 . 3/23/2006
And she sticks the landing! Way to tap-dance through the biggest minefield of all Kiotr fandom. It was never fully said flat-out that Zsaji had somehow manipulated Piotr, either chemically or empathically(I charitably subscribe to the 'unintended effect of her healing power' theory), but it's the only way to explain the editorially mandated sudden 180-degree shift in Piotr's feelings for Kitty. Personally, if Jim Shooter had ordered the break-up, it would have been easier and more plausible to have Kitty fall for Doug. Or even Illyana!

Anywho, I'm very impressed with your take on events. I especially liked Piotr's POV throughout. How it suddenly shifted as he got to know Zsaji, and how disgusted he felt when he realized that his feelings for her were artificial. Way to go, Jean, tell it like it is! The end was also realistic. No automatic reset button for a happy ending but a slow gradual rebuilding of what was damaged.
InjuredPelican chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Where's Cyclops? Otherwise, cool.
Harry2 chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
A nice adaptation of a What If Comic. I would like to see you take it further, show what else happens in this universe.