Reviews for Aftermath
jelpy1 chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Wonderful piece. I had always wondered about the time after Vanyel's death...how people reacted and mourned. I'm glad you wrote this.
Sylwia Kiley chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
great job.
twomoons61 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
there is definatley a hole in the story, this fic fills that hole
Herald-MageAnduli chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
I love this! The Last Herald-Mage books are my favorites and I always wondered what the funeral of a Herald might be like. Poor Stef! :( He lost the one person he truly loved. It's kind of odd, actually. First Vanyel lost Tylendel and then Stef-Tylendel lost Vanyel. Parallels, don't you think?
Page Library Page chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
You made me cry
Arrmaitee chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
I just finished reading Magic's Price and... this was really beautiful. Well done!
phantomcedar chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
I love that story it is one of the best i have ever read. i love the Last Herald-Mage series it is my fav. series u did a wonderfull job with it. i was wondering where were the companions?
LightningStorms chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
o my god. i need a tissue... sniff sniff, that was really good! ah. now im sad..:(
bardicfaerie chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
I don't know if I should have read this story right after reading another one that had me crying. This one teared me up as well! Powerful missing scene.
k-chan the dragongirl chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
I had always wondered what happened to Stef after getting back to Haven. I have to say, he seems to be holding together better than any of the other characters we've seen who outlived their lifebonded. I think the way that Medred reacted was a nice touch, and Treesa was entirely in character. I'm not sure whether Starwind and Moondance would have come out for a funeral, considering the Tayledras view of death and reincarnation, or that they could have, considering that they hadn't been to Haven before,and therefore couldn't create a gate, but the image of those two at a Valdemaren funeral is priceless.

All in all, I enjoyed this story.

-K-chan
Jessi chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
I was very pleased with the entire layout and sincerity of this story. It stayed very true and was honestly worded...I thank you for posting it for us to read. I enjoyed how meaningful it was...Thank you.
Yabberli chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
That was terribly sad and beautiful :( I adored it.

To cheer you up, perhaps you will read my Van/Stef fic? It is humorous!

Once again, great job. Gorgeous fic.

Yabberli
CaitlinNicole chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
it tugs at the heartstrings :) i'm in tears. ooh vanyel, why. WHY?
Inked Out on Speed chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
Only ten reveiws? For this fabulous narration? You made me cry, I hope you know. I think the author skipped this part simply because the book is sad enough already. But I'm a wuss, so, you know... Please tell me there's a sequel (I haven't looked on your site yet, so if there already is one I hope you can ignore my idiocy here) Some things I did notice (they're very discreet): though your writing was almost like the author's, (it was the almost that bugged me, don't get me wrong, you're a fabulous writer, I wouldn't bother if I had thought you wouldn't know what I was talking about) your vocabulary could use a few more antique words and phrases, like the formal little observations ("The young man was regrettably charismatic...") that Mercedes Lackey used in her books (I thought yours was almost impossibly close to matching hers, just a few more antiquish words and phrases would be perfect

-am I just rambling on an empty subject? . sorry-) and I noticed that throughout the series, Lackey used so much imagerey it sometimes became distracting, so incorporating that would make the fiction that much better: As in the Grove, where Stphen was standing, you could go on to describe the scents and sights of the Grove, or when you describe the people, you could go on to further describe their clothing and such. I really really hope that I'm not being rude, but it was such a good fanfiction; it doesn't need much improvement because the characters were described to a tee, and the storyline itself seemed like it actually came out of the book. Once again, I LOVED that small fic, and I hope there is another chapter or sequel, because I would love to read it!

Thank you for this lovely diversion from reality,

Cheers,

Inky
Liria Nai chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
this is amazing, one of the most beautiful fan fictions ive read. I think you really captured the emotions that the characters would have felt. You showed a great understanding of the characters, their motivation and their sorrow. All i can say is if you ever think anything else was missing from the trilogy write it, post it and let me know.