Reviews for The 1st Annual Fannie Awards
Markisreal chapter 14 . 8/28/2010
Whats the story that was used as a example for Commander Argus's Best Writer nomination?
Raptor84 chapter 19 . 3/8/2007
Wow, this was so much fun to read. Sorry if this review is, oh, about a year late (seeing how you've already finished the Fannie Awards of 2007), but I was caught up in reading your other stories. Anyway, this gave me a chance to catch a glimpse of some of the many great KP authors there are. It's hard to get around to reading them all.

You did a great job!
Nidoking16 chapter 19 . 1/18/2007
Heh. Very nice. :D

I really enjoyed this. It felt like I was reading an awards show. That seems like I'm stating the obvious, but I say it to convey that you wrote it well. It's a great read, and very funny. I can't wait for this year's event.

I loved the character's reactions to the Kigo category, and the constant threat of being chased off the stage. It's great fun. :D
Trapper chapter 19 . 4/17/2006
It rocked, shame union series didn't win any and where was classic cowboys stuff?
dartblade chapter 19 . 3/8/2006
lol DUED THAT SO ROCKED! man that was just completely elarius this should be best comady lol
dartblade chapter 16 . 3/8/2006
dued! seariously you where you far back on the poles? please responde to this message man
dartblade chapter 15 . 3/8/2006
the heck! he won three times? whats up with that?
dartblade chapter 12 . 3/8/2006
lol now that was funny man cant wait to read the rest
dartblade chapter 5 . 3/7/2006
dued since when you say you can get a date for the thing? lol that would have been nice to now before lol o well theres always next year lol you jack lol kidding
dartblade chapter 4 . 3/7/2006
lol dued I believe i can fly is sort of a favorite of mine
dartblade chapter 2 . 3/7/2006
lol that was funny man and i didnt think you would do it like this lol its so neat
Brother to Vorlons chapter 19 . 3/5/2006
This was a lot more entertaining than any televised awards show I've ever seen.

What exactly IS it about Kim Possible that inspires such quality fan fiction? I first discovered this website because I was looking for something interesting to read on other favorite shows of mine. But the really good stories are few and far between. By which I mean, there's very little on par with the source material. Now in some cases that's to be expected. No amatuar writer is going to write Firefly or Buffy as well as Joss Whedon. Nobody's take on Babylon 5 will stand up compared to Straczynski. But I don't want to say that the writers of the Kim Possible TV show are doing a poor job by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe it's just that, being a cartoon, they can create interesting characters and situations, but don't have the time or budget - or leeway from Standars and Practices - to explore all the storytelling options available to them. But why do so many MORE talented writers come to do so for Kim Possible than seem to do for Jonny Quest, Daria, Buzz Lightyear, or Gargoyles? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?

I'll certainly have to look into a lot of these stories that I havn't read yet, and might have overlooked altogether if it wasn't for this awards story. In that sense, you really are more successful than the Oscars. I've never rushed out to see a movie just because it was nominated for an award.

I see a reference to 150 ballots. Was this all just a cute story you guys did, or did readers actually have a chance to vote for favorite stories?

Regarding some specific points in the Fannie Awards:

All the "KiGo" I've ever seen is in the fanfics. but then I haven't seen all the episodes yet. Was there a specific one you were refering to?

I assume all the story snippets were lifted verbatem from the author's page i.e. there's no point in mentioning here that in "Little Black Dress" by Captain Kodak, he keeps shifting confusingly between the first and third person.

Just for my own clarification, what exactly IS the definition of "smuff" as it's used here?

On the Best Writer award chapter, exactly which story by MrDrP was that snippet from? I mean the one about Kim locking herself and Ron in the closet.

Regarding the best story, "Shego Rocks," are those in any way the author's real words regarding how he wrote the story? I enjoyed the story, but I thought it was a little unrealistic that a Shego who has millions saved up would try to hide while going straight by remaking herself into a high school cheerleader. Or rather, that Kim would believe that Shego was serious about going straight even as she complained about how she used to eat in Paris diners. But it makes a lot more sense, at least for how this story came to be put together, if the author started with the core idea of Shego beating Kim for homecoming queen, and then built a story around it to make it seem plausible. Nice job, David Allen.

Good job, Jason and Matt. A winner of a story all around.

"Hide the pretzel?"
The Wise Duck chapter 19 . 3/5/2006
If I may paraphrase my favorite historical figure:

‘Never, in the field of Fan Fiction, was so much owed, by so many, to so two.’

Those ‘two’ of course being Zaratan and mattb3671. I am impressed first off by the delightful spark of purposing this in the first place, and the willingness to take up such a huge project in the second place. But the inventiveness, sheer volume of editing work and care and all the additional work on the songs and all—

I take off my multiple hats from all the various periods and reenactments to you guys.

And, um . . . . . . next year, if you need extra security for unruly presenters, I have a World War 2 Armored Division tucked in my back pocket.

From an Old Guy to You Guys, it was GREAT!

The Wise Duck
CidGregor chapter 11 . 3/4/2006
Yay, I won best comedy! Wow...awesome!

Thanks, everyone! And congrats to all the other winners!

-Cid
mattb3671 chapter 19 . 3/4/2006
LOL! ROFL! Dude, you made me a super funny horn dog!

Wait... I'm already a horn dog. Well, you made me funny. And you did Nooni great. My ear still stings.

Count me in for next year!

THANKS!