Reviews for Starstone
JadeObsession chapter 17 . 7/9/2012
good grief, Chocolate never gives up, does she?
RoguefanAM chapter 17 . 10/24/2011
Loved it! Only thing I felt you might've needed to address was Gateau's fling with that lady at the casino. You started their romance right on their first mission and while it didn't seem like they were 'together' officially till the hotspring, it still seems weird to not mention her at all. But it's not that big a deal.

Anyway, great story! I'm gonna check out your profile to see if there's more fics I might be interested in. Laterz.
RoguefanAM chapter 5 . 10/24/2011
I love how your developing this story so far! Holding off on the romance with Gateau, and building up Marron and Carrot's brotherly relationship. It's sweet. Also loved how you had Carrot save Marron and not Gat. I don't know why romance stories always have to have the romantic interest save the day when it doesn't even make sense sometimes.

Anyhow, I'm gonna keep reading.
Don't feel like logging in chapter 17 . 7/18/2007
Great Story! I Loved it when he told Marron he loved him...and I don't even want to KNOW what the sisters were seeing through the binoculars.
Aabalany chapter 17 . 4/3/2007
OMGosh, I read the whole thing over a span of three days. two of those days i just about ran into the door and practically slug my computer out of the window becaue it didn't get to quicker! (so i could read this fic!). I felt this was rather angsty, towards the part where Marron dies. MEH TTTT.

I cried when Marron died, then I cried again because I didn't think you were going to bring him back, then I cried again because he cam back. Then I laughed...while crying, mind you...because you brought him back.

That was so beautiful. I think the story brings so many emotions. And you feel them too. I LOVED it, even the bitter-sweet part where Gateau is all emo because Marron's gone.

aw.

I loved this story. (you couldve always made Marron go into a coma with like, no chances of surviving and bring him back. I imagine just as much emotion but less angst(angst I personally dont mind, but angst by death I probly cant handle too much of).

just a suggestion.

thanks for a great fic. btw, you should do an epilogue or something.

-Aaba-chan
Kagero chapter 14 . 3/28/2006
Hey, I'm glad you found my last review so helpful _. So now I feel obligated to make this review even more informative.

Anyways, I really like how you portray Marron in this story. He started out as a very timid person, and I kind of wondered if you were going to keep him that way since Marron is so often characterized as some sort of wimp. However, you definitely avoided that pitfall, Marron comes across as strong, self-sufficient, and he doesn't run around acting like a girl either which is another mistake authors make a lot. This is also probably the most liberated version of Marron that I've read in a while too. After the initial shame he felt coming out to the rest of the team he doesn't seem too bothered by what he and Gateau do together beyond general modesty or too hung up about sex in general. He's also more forgiving than he's often portrayed in fanfics and doesn't get too put off by the dumb things Gateau says to him which is how he is in the series (he is after all surrounded by crazy people all the time). I'm just fed up with the whole notion of authors having Marron be some kind of damsel in distress which this story (thank god) doesn't do.

I do think that this story should be re-categorized as romance, or at least to include romance since Marron and Gateau's relationship has pretty much been the focus of the story more than anything else. The chapters are almost like snapshots of different moments in these peoples' lives where you can get an idea of what they're like without much explanation but for me it also gives the story a feel like it's trying to build up to where the story actually begins like a prequel. We keep getting these little hints of what's going to happen next but unless the last three chapters are very long then it might wind up as a story with a giant beginning and a little end that explains everything and ties up all the loose ends. I don't know if that made much sense since I'm having trouble getting my point across with words - but yeah, it seems much more complete when I think of it as a romance.

And finally two very nit-picky technical things. In the beginning of chap. 12 it talks about Marron's sash being tied in the back when it's actually tied in front. And in the beginning of chap. 14 Marron is refered to as being small when the official stats have him at around 6 ft. It might be that Gateau thinks of him as small since he's supposed to be 7 ft. tall but it doesn't come across that way.

I really do enjoy this story (I wouldn't have bothered writing so much jibberish if I didn't) and am looking forward to seeing how it ends.
Shiver chapter 12 . 3/20/2006
I love the last chapter. All I want to say is WAY TO GO MARRON! (poor Carrot. lol.)
Shiver chapter 9 . 3/12/2006
Can't wait for the next update. _

(wonders what Marrons 'gift/wish' from big mamma is..)
My friend is you chapter 7 . 3/8/2006
Eh! You want reviews? I will give you ones! I so adore Marron and Gateau, they are so cute together!You are realy good!
Ali chapter 5 . 3/6/2006
Wow I really like your story. I love the gatterron pairing and kept wondering when are were going to get together :D But I guess I have to wait awhile keep up the good work
Shiver chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
Good story so far, can't wait to see what happens. Please update your story, with or without review count. ;)
Amy chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
That so good! I love how are the characters especially Marron! Great job!
Kagero chapter 3 . 3/4/2006
No offense, but shouldn't you be posting your work because you want to and not because you're dependent on what others think or having a certain number of people like your work? Reviews are a way to provide feedback but if you already have the rest of the story complete like you say you do then what's the point? If you're proud of your story that should count for something.

As for the story itself I think it's very interesting thus far. I'm curious to see the direction that it will take since right now it seems like anything could happen. You've done a good job with character development, the reader can get a good sense of how everyone is without any more background explanation specific to this story. The one thing that I'm confused about is how old are they exactly? In the anime/manga, Carrot and Marron are separated by a year (17 and 16 respectively) but Carrot still seems much more worldly than Marron at this point but at the same time Marron's still old enough to be called a "beautiful young man". So some major events would have to happen in order for Marron to mature beyond Carrot. However since you said that the story was slightly AU then that can all be explained (it's just something I'm curious about) and since the story has just started then for all I know those events come later in the story. I like that you chose not to make Carrot a close-minded jerk. Gaterron is also one of my favorite couples so I look forward to seeing more of that. I hope that you decide to upload the rest of your story regardless.
Yo chapter 2 . 3/3/2006
Hello stubborn Kasey! Lol,its really good for a beginning and I want to know the next chapter! Poor Marron really...! I hope you will updated soon!