Reviews for Elegy
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
A great poem fic. Very good.
Norrsken chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
Beautiful poetry and imagery, so filled with grief and sorrow. Yes, we know that they met soon in Elysium.

Many thanks for sharing, / NorthernLight
DragonDancer5150 chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Wow . . . what can I say? Powerful, beautiful . . . and I'm not even familiar with the story, have not seen the movie, etc. These are wondrously wrought! I'm just sorry I've not been here to read these sooner . . . more sorry still it has so few reviews!
Fredericka chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Absolutely astonishing!

And you never write poetry?

Then,indeed you must be channeling the bard himself!

Like Moon71, I read your sonnet aloud in order to fully absorb the meaning as well as to enjoy the lovely cadence. I agree you’ve perfectly captured the reality of the relationship...its profound depth...and an anguished Alexander’s courageous attempt to fulfill his beloved friend’s request for moderation. Deeply moving – and well worthy of publication. May I encourage you to obtain a copy of Nancy Breen’s “Poet’s Market?”
moon71 chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Beautiful... absolutely beautiful. I read it out loud to myself as I believe that is the best way to read poetry, and it sounded perfect. It so perfectly captures what I believe Alexander's true relationship with Hephaestion was, a partnership and for them a shared adventure - not Alexander dragging along a doggishly loyal, neglected Hephaestion. You so sensitively capture a man trying hard to rally against grief because he knows that is what his beloved would want, even though it isn't what he wants for himself. The verses themselves are so elegantly constructed - they suggest sadness well beyond hysterical angst and the rhyming never seems clumsy or contrived. Do you write poetry often? Please, please write more.
CoralDawn chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
This is totally wonderful! I really don't have words to express how good it is!

"The glory mine, but yours the quiet toil" - so true, sniff...

"I curse the Fates! – their shears so cruel and cold!

And yet to them my grudging thanks I yield.

What I could never grant you, they bestowed –

Escape from unearned hatred ill-concealed." - yes, and how very very sad!

Hope to see much, much more from you soon! :)