Reviews for The Watcher
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
What a very strong voice here! The hairs rise on the back of the neck as we realize that we are listening to a speaker from deep time, a dimension regrettably somewhat neglected in canon. And the questions raised 'who is human? who is one of us?' are live ones, which recur on a daily basis and are not always answered in wisdom and charity.
Kerichi chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Very cryptic and mysterious. Short but very intriguing! Interesting clues, like,

"my mothers and fathers made this place" and saying the watcher was intended to feel a connection to the motherless, "my kind born from the twisting of motherhood"

Not supposed to make contact, but there "are some that I am free to help" and then that "taken magical beings as mates"

Makes me think of a dryad or nymph. Will be interesting to see...you could be speaking of a giant spider, lol.
Elsa2 chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
That's quite a beginning. I like the premise, and the aura of mystery you build up around the narrator. Loads of unanswered questions that itch to be answered.
duj chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
A bit too undefined and mysterious for my taste but interesting enough to read another chapter or so to see how you're going to work it up.