Reviews for The Ugliest Man in the League
IronRaven chapter 3 . 10/4/2011
It's old work, but still very well done. In person I would applaud- your take on the Bat is one that rarely is seen, the small child handed a box of parts that becomes a large cannon. And I almost never see it done this well.

That you then turn around and factor in the Question as part of the a failsafe is brilliant. This is certainly unique in my experience, but in retrospect, it does make for what might be the only logical answer to why he was allowed to stay. You give the footwork and feints that would happen with these two investigators and manipulators a wonderfully dark and fresh angle.

Add in the little bits that make this so rich for an engineer like myself, and this just makes me smile.

Ah heck... *claps*
Guptanation chapter 3 . 3/30/2010
really interesting story, a really unique exploration of the Batman, and a nice little duel of sorts between Q and Bats. I've always been a bit of a fan of both characters.
Nightwatcher'sunknowngirl chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
KawaiiIruka chapter 3 . 7/26/2008
Your talent at writing wonderful H/Q fic's will never cease to amaze me!

This is one of your best. I think it would be neat to see maybe a sequel where Q gets his revenge on Flash and he and Huntress follow through on their destruction date
asp chapter 3 . 5/20/2008
wow, only 24 reviews? certainly deserves better. that was really introspective and eloquent, a great piece of writing. anyway, i suspect helena was punished for attempting to murder for her own selfish desire for revenge, a personal vendetta. q did it for the world, a self-sacrificial act of courage. shayera didn't know better, and she did have good intentions. intention- that's the operative word- see kant's works. what matters is your intent to do good; perhaps the league's philosophical inclination is less utilitarian than you think. and i just realized this fic is underrated- your audience is probably too impatient to sit through this fic, or too immature.
kobez2.0 chapter 3 . 5/13/2008
For the life of me i can't figure out what it is about this story that I like so much, although I think it might be Questions internal monologue. but it was very well written and presented, and a joy to read.

AFY chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
I always did feel the League was a wee bit harsh on Helena, if not hypocritical. Glad you brought that to light.

Now for the story much as I am a Batman fan I gotta say I love, love, love this! Already read it like four or five times. Very good relief.

Frankly I'm a little disappointed there aren't more Q/H stories. I may have to add my own. Yours is one of the best
GoldenRat chapter 3 . 9/2/2007
I love Question, he is such an interesting opponent for Batman.
MadPhysics chapter 3 . 8/29/2007
I love what you've done with the Question and huntress. They are my favorite ship of all time. I like that you have made the Huntress playful instead of serious. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
Amarin Rose chapter 3 . 8/23/2007
You know, Q's reasoning about Batman's reasons actually make a lot of sense. And I loved his internal commentary about how Bruce needs to grow up; I've been thinking the same things for a long time.
theKRITIC chapter 3 . 8/5/2007
Heh. Really good job on this. I love the Batman-craziness, because I love Batman, and the Huntress teasing Question and how everyone's in character. The story is dramatic and still funny and always interesting...nicely done.
Vivienna chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
You're a natural writer. I couldn't stop reading! Seriously i can picture everything although i must admit i hated seeing batman being ripped to shreds. Maybe its coz i just have a soft spot for the dark knight and i refuse to take off my rose-tinted glasses . fiction or not. But incidentally, this is brilliant.
Shiva the Sarcastic chapter 3 . 7/25/2007
Awesome story. The Question was my favorite character on that whole show. Please update soon.
God of Static chapter 3 . 7/24/2007
I never noticed that Helena got the short end of the stick like that before, while the others got off pretty easy.

This is phenomenal work. Really. Everyone was in character and I LOVED the exchange between Batman and The Question. And the way you portrayed Batman was especially good.

You are definitely one of my favorite authors on this site.
Lady Jaye1 chapter 3 . 7/24/2007
I love Vic and Helena so much. I very much enjoyed this chapter and Vic's interaction with the Bats.