Reviews for Fathers and Sons
Wildfire's Flame chapter 9 . 8/22/2016
Very nicely done. I loved it. Felt bad for the old guy and Briggs. Poor Dominic. I don't know Russian but I could generally follow the story even without the translation at the end. Thank you for a well written airwolf story.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 8 . 4/17/2007
Wow. This is tight, focused stuff. I admit to being as confused as the Airwolf crew was for a while, but you've tied it up neatly at the end. I think I got it at the moment that Dom and Caitlin got it, what this meeting-and Zhenya's hanging around with Santini (poor Dom)-was really all about. Good grief. They don't call it 'The Great Game' for nothing; this was like a chess match. Yikes.

Liked it, very much!
Lady Razorsharp chapter 6 . 4/8/2007
Aw, man. It just breaks the heart. Poor Dom.

And poor Hawke, having to decide who to put first, Dom or the Firm. Makes Michael that much more unpopular...
Lady Razorsharp chapter 5 . 4/8/2007
Oops. Do not tick Marella off. Never, ever.

What's Zhenya got going? *curious*
Lady Razorsharp chapter 4 . 4/8/2007
Hawke's line about his 'first time' made ME blush, too! XD

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I love the way you write Hawke. It's cool to know what's going on in his head, very cool indeed. I especially like his plans for when Saint John comes home. Very Hawke.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 3 . 4/8/2007
Caitlin's assessment of Michael and Marella's relationship (and Hawke's reaction) made me laugh out loud. XD

I like this, very much. Everyone is really human-no charging off to be heroes, just dealing with the circumstances of their lives and the people who slip in and out of their view. Looking forward to the rest.
SSJ-Alhazred chapter 8 . 10/12/2006
I think I've been to the Airwolf section maybe once or twice before, and I started lurking through it again to get a feel back for the fandom a week or so ago when I decided on doing something Airwolf-related for National Novel Writing Month this year.

Then I stumbled into this story, and holy crap.

Being a terrible reader, it takes something special for me to read something more than a couple thousand words all the way through in one sitting. This had it; I almost didn't click the link after reading the summery. Not that a lack of action turns me off, but I was skeptical of someone's ability to write Airwolf successfully without it. Sort of like writing Star Wars without Lightsabers...it takes some extra effort to grab the reader when the normal safety nets of the fandom's conventions aren't going to be there.

Your characterization is absolutely spot on. It was like watching the show all over again. The way Hawke and Santini play off of each other (to say nothing about how Santini and Archangel play off of each other) was a joy to read through every word. Even the solitary moments...Hawke having some Hermit Time in his cabin, for instance, are done masterfully. The narrative knows when to describe things and when to start getting introspective very well. Sadly, I can't comment on Caitlin...it's been a long, long time since I've seen anything besides season 1. It was refreshing to see scenes at Santini Air and the Firm's offices, though, giving me some fuzzy memories of seeing more of that kind of thing during season 2.

It was especially interesting to see an ending that wasn't entirely happy or tied up. I believed Archangel much more than if the resolutions had been more satisfactory to everyone. Not that it was particularly dark or imperfect in the first place, but just imperfect enough.

I look forward to reading your other Airwolf story once I find the time.
TXCatFL chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Wow! I just found this and it is so beautifully written, true to the characters I remember.
trecebo chapter 8 . 7/17/2006
Wow! That was a total mind game! Archangel is the best at his job, ain't he? Dude.
trecebo chapter 6 . 7/17/2006
You've made Mr. Z quite likeable. I wonder which direction you are doing to go next...
trecebo chapter 4 . 7/17/2006
Love the witty banter. And the inuendos are marvelous. Esp the first time ones. :P I laughed at that.

Sandwich AND a beer. Classic.
trecebo chapter 2 . 7/17/2006
Finally. Heavy fanfic traffic, meh. So, I am liking this story. Yes, indeedy do. You have a deft hand with the characters, playing them well and making them vibrant. Loved the sun scene. (Being a fair skinned Irish descendant and all.)

For the second chappy, Dom was spot on. And the last lines were to faboo. Hair on your chest, indeed!
Loretta chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
HI...

Me, again! Loved this story, too. You just have the characterizations down so well! I think the character of Archangel is wonderful and he belongs with Marella.

Please, write more!

Ella Mae chapter 9 . 4/1/2006
Cool story.
Rachel500 chapter 9 . 3/6/2006
An interesting follow on from your previous story. Loved the background on Michael and Hawke's thoughts throughout the story...looking forward to your next one.