Reviews for Donny Dearest Part One: A Lost Hope
Cutter12 chapter 59 . 3/21/2012
This story is certainly a page turner. I liked how you included the financial hardships the Eppes had to face as well as all the other problems they had to face. Many writers don't flesh out their stories and concern over details. I hated how this story ended... I wanted Don and his family to be safe, Thompson away from them always and all other of the guilty parties to be dealt with firmly. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) reading that in the sequel. Great job.
chibiBlues chapter 33 . 12/3/2011
Normally, I'd avoid reviewing in the middle of a completed story and swearing but I can't. I have no idea how you did it, but you've made me hate Dr. Thompson more than I've hated any other literary character I've encountered. I find myself saying 'I hat the bitch' every time she does something or one of her plans comes to light. Writers should dream of writing characters like her. Its like you understand WHY she does it but you can't stand her methods or anything about her. I really hope she loses in the end. Hopefully to a bullet.
epalladino chapter 59 . 1/23/2009
I wasn't sure about this story when I first started reading it, but you really made it work. Even if some of the legal/medical details might be a bit inaccurate, this story comes across as way too plausible and truly frightening. I loved the relationship you built up between Alan and Charlie with 'Donny' and hope that you straighten this all out in the sequel.

That woman Melinda Thompson is truly a frightening character, even if one could understand where here obsession with Don came from.

Thanks for a fascinating read and I can't wait to check out the sequel, Beth Palladino
whashaza chapter 59 . 12/21/2007
NO! You can't do that. Don needs to be with his family, not that filthy bitch. How could you?

Then again, extremely well written. *Goes of to read sequal* And it better be some good news. Like Billy *hope that's his name* slowly roasting that b**ch over the coals before slicing her in exactly 1347 pieces.

Again. Wow.
AnickaMarie chapter 46 . 5/23/2007
WOW, you are an amazing writer. While in many ways this is a disturbing story, I think that is a testament to your writing. You bring the characters to life. While reading some of the things that happened to Don or what Dr. Thompson plans/ed to do to him I am almost in tears. While these are not real people, it seems that they definately could be and that the things that happen in the story could actually happen.
Am chapter 23 . 2/12/2007
I'm just stopping 1/2 way through to say how much I am enjoying reading this. I was up until 2 am last night with it. :)

One thing made me stop in this chapter, though. Given all the care you have taken in getting the details behind the treatment and trauma Don goes through, I'm a little thrown as to why this moment seems to be the first time anyone realizes Don was abused. You say the scars were not something the 'average person' would notice, but Don has not been in the care of average people. He probably would have had a physical examination when he was first admitted. Then, he has been naked daily with nurses bathing him. A doctor or a nurse could identify a belt bruise, which were probably fresh at the time of his admittal. Surely they would have noticed. He has been naked in front of his father, who surely would have checked every inch of his child for injury. He has even been naked in front of Charlie, who, embarrassed or not, would probably do the same. I think the focal point of this chapter is not the discovery that he was beaten with a belt (which should have been known already), but that he has been trained to participate in it, which, as you have shown, is horrifying to think.

I'm looking forward to reading more. :)
Skywise20 chapter 59 . 9/15/2006

Do you know how frusterating your story is?

I have just read it over the past few days, I've seen it but have skipped over it because the summary wasn't my cup of tea, I like Don to be his strong self...the protector and what not. I opened up your story a month or so ago, maybe even longer, just cause updates had been slow and skimmed through about 4 chaps or so. Then I noticed you had a second part starting, I got a chapter into that and figured might as well go read the first one, checked out the reviews and decided to go ahead with it.

I can say yours is the first story I've come across with descriptions up the galore, not a bad thing, just takes a while to read is all. :o)

Chap 58 was a killer though, I was compeley wrong, I was thinking she had him marry her providing her name first on the list. So the adoption was a major blow...Billy needs to come into the pic now and so somework on the witch.

But now I have the second part to read, you mentioned some chapters ago that you spoke of the story in your info...wish you didn't...wish I would have read the story first before your info so I could have caught your, I agree with you, when authors talk about the story, gives away everything, doesn't make the stroy as suspenseful as it could have been.

Other then that I'm pretty dumbfounded on what to say, you have used a very unique idea and made it enjoyable for someone that doesn't tend to like the fav get whomped. Some of it was a little to cheesey for me, but I understand that I don't understand the situation, have never been put in anything of the sort and know I can't have a knowledgeable judgement on the handling of matter at hand.

Its scary that the system works that way and it could really happen, I can honestly say if I were in Alan's shoes in that court room, I would have went to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $100.

But wow, great story, great writing!

Thanks for sharing.
tigerlily124 chapter 59 . 8/16/2006
Ah! Please let Charlie kick her ass. Great chapters by the way - I am sorry that I haven't reviewed for a while. I still have limited internet access. Thanks again!
Timespirt chapter 59 . 8/16/2006

I don't understand. I like to read a story when it's done,(so I review later not each chapter) but have been here all along. Now what happens? Part 2 different title? How come chapter 59 had no title? I'll still be here and I hope I will not be left with a story with no end like so many others out there. I have been waiting for something to click in Don to bring him back to who he was in the beginning before he was kidnapped. Hope that will happen some time in the future?

Ivette Boveda chapter 54 . 8/15/2006
can't wait for more!:)
Ivette Boveda chapter 51 . 8/15/2006
oh no! ack! damn! fcuk!
Ivette Boveda chapter 50 . 8/15/2006
yay! Don's making progress! though i;m nervous about the upcoming trail...:(
Stealth Dragon chapter 59 . 8/15/2006
What the crap! Wow, that was powerful stuff. Sorry I haven't been commenting. I was out of town. But dang, that was sad. What a twist. This has officially become one of those stories where the reader has no idea how there can be any kind of a good outcome, but there will be a good outcome, right? I'm supposing it's all up to Don now, and him remembering what he needs to. Or, heck, simply running away. Man, I totally can't wait for part two. This story is very intense an angsty. Too bad it can't be published.
jailey chapter 59 . 8/15/2006
I just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying your story. It is an epic piece of writing and I have greatly enjoyed the emotional journey. Fantastic work on part one and I am really looking forward to part 2. Thank you for perservering!
RJK chapter 59 . 8/14/2006
I have a feeling, although I could be wrong, that Melinda is going to infantilize Don more then she already has. She already has him drinking from baby bottles I would not be surprised to see her start feeding him baby food, and as far as the special briefs are concerned she may end up making him wear and use ordinary diapers, either disposable or pin on cloth diapers and rubber pants since they do make them for adults. This is just hypothisizing on my part, but her ultimate goal, as far as I can tell, is to turn Don back into a baby.