Reviews for Against the Rules
JBubbles chapter 18 . 8/4/2013
Ah! The end. It sounded a little rushed... He find it easier to believe in the future than her being Sailor Mercury? I know Ami doesn't lie but...

I liked the whole fic, the idea of Mako-chan ending with Asanuma-kun and the whole scandal love life that the prudish, intelligent AMi couldn't have. This fic was refreshing, kudos to you!
mizublue chapter 18 . 4/5/2013
i love this story it really kept me in to it. Awesome.
Neanda chapter 18 . 4/30/2011
Wow...this was a truly beautiful story. I almost can't figure out what to say, really.

I'm not accustomed to read such a long and in-depth drama (unless it's MakoAmi *laughs*) so it was hard at times, but from chapter 6 and onward it became a real page-turner for me.

Though there were signs, yes, I was really surprised at the psychopath Yui became over the course of later chapters... And it was completely believable. As Haruka once said in another fic, she an emotional basket case. o.o

I'm glad things ended the way they did, which should tell you enough. All of the characters were well written, especially the original ones, all considered. This was a truly realistic and gut-wrenching story to read. I'm very relieved to see you finished it, as well - I don't think I could've handled a cliffhanger on top of all the drama. XD

Thanks for an amazing read!

Ja ne!
dittoeevee8888 chapter 18 . 6/21/2010
Well, I loved this story. It was really dramatic, something that I swore made me slightly closer to a heart attack.

Anyways, I've had several problems with this story. One of them, was simply how [i]easily[/i] (in my opinion) with how Akira & Ami got let off. Like, I mean, it's definitely a good thing, but how the Dean was accusing Akira like that, it seemed unrealistic that Akira was going to be let off like that. (Akira pessimistic views didn't really help his cause either.)

Another one, slightly minor, and it's probably me just being overly picky, but the fact that the honorifics and the "Ms.", "Mr." etc. were also used. I'm in the belief that the -san honorific is similar to using Ms./Mr. in English, so that was a little bit annoying, but probably just me being overly picky, again.

Lastly, this one is really minor and ridiculous, but I felt the chapters were much too long. Some seemed like they were 10 pages in length, others seemed 5-ish. And that's annoying when you're trying to read FanFiction and study for exams [yes, I'm sure that's a no-no, but distractions are a must sometimes]. But besides that, it's also annoying when you're trying to do two things at once, or trying to find a place to break to do something else.

Anyways, I loved the plot. Kept me on my toes (not literally of course). I felt it was sort of obvious that Yui was going to do something (not sure whether or not that was intentional), and considering the nature of this fic, it was kind of obvious that she was going to do something like that.

I also loved the Akira & Ami romance. It seemed sweet, and the way that it came to be made it really convincing that they truly loved each other.

Would have liked to see what is the end result of Akira & Ami, (maybe even Makoto & Ittou), but not completely necessary. I felt that you ended it well, even without an epilogue.
Saffron chapter 18 . 5/27/2010
Just finished the story and I loved it!

I also saw your drabble post but after you said that you wanted to write about other characters. If you do it again, I would love to see you explore Ami/Akira more (ex. Vows, Honeymoon, etc).

Love the characters, although I thought that the last 3 chapters were rushed to get to the ending.
Red-Elephant chapter 18 . 3/5/2010
It is absolutely amazing that two supposedly brilliant people could be so absolutely naive and stupid. I like Ami but she annoyed the hell out of me in this story. I must confess that I was more interested in Makoto's relationship with Asanuma but it got lost in all the Ami scenes. I felt the story was too long, a lot of the trip away could have been cut or skipped completely as I couldn't really see the relevance to the story line except to show that they really liked each other. There were plenty of other scenes to demonstrate this for us.

All that said, you write extremely well and your spelling and grammer is quite excellent. I liked the plot but simply wish it had been shorter. Perhaps if it had been about Usagi and Mamoru I would feel differently but thats just my taste. I look forward to reading more of your stories:)
Book.Lover.A.F chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
I have to say, I love this fanfiction.

Ami/Amy has always been one of my favourite characters of the Senshi/Scouts, so I'm glad that I've been able to find a long story based around her.

The fanfiction was nicely planned, and I enjoyed all of the 'fluff' between Akira and Ami.

Keep Writing!
Larom chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
This is kind of misleading. From the description and the characters in the first and secondary places, it seemed to me like this was MakotoxAmi. Would have been a nice story too...
DarkBlueHated chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Hm, interesting story. Wonder how Makoto fits into all of this?
Blossom of Death chapter 18 . 3/4/2009
This was a really enjoyable story to read! Great job!
BlueLion chapter 18 . 12/18/2008
This is a great story. The rating "M" is certainly justified here. The plot develops slowly, but consistently. The christmas holiday with Akira's family tended to get a little boring (seemed somewhat repetitive), but the following revelation inclusive repercussions plus the dramatic and unexpected climax in chapter 16 were just fantastic, couldn't stop reading!

I wonder who inspired you with the chara "Hideki". Remembered the name as a chara in "Chobits".

In the end I felt sorry for Yui. Sure, she was the evil one in your plot, but as it turned out, she was only partially able to control her actions, a mental disorder can affect everyone around you in a very bad way. Still she is an ill person needing help and care. It's understandable but still sad, that Hideki couldn't be the friend she needed now more than ever.
StarzAngelus chapter 6 . 10/1/2008
Hee, so the underlying attraction that poor hot geeks Ami & Akira tried to ignore went from warm to sizzling to explosive. And I can attest that dreams have an evil way of showing you things that you don't really see or haven't at all... Ah.

Yui's obsession is becoming rather unhealthy. She is not aware of her gifts at all, well she is, but she does not appreciate them, her only agenda in being "the best" instead of the being "best you can be." She's an intelligent girl with an unstable temper and suddenly... they can snap. Only thing I can do is read more of your chapters to see what she puts into action...

I liked this chapter not only because of Ami & Akira's "joining," but the fact that you had Ami go in search of the professor. You would expect her to just be shy, ignore it, be "logical," but you didn't go that route and I'm glad. You had her curiosity lead her, even if she wasn't aware that it is also her heart, and now I can't wait to see where the relationship goes from here. I like to think that Ami knows what she wants and she gets it... it's just a good thing she isn't a megalomaniac. :)

Great job with the chapters! Off to read more... :)
StarzAngelus chapter 4 . 10/1/2008
Just wanted to give a quick review while I'm in the middle of reading this well-written story. I have read some of your fics in the past, so I am no stranger to your great writing. I'm glad I stumbled upon this story while browsing favorites. :)

First off, I think you have Ami's character firmly grasped, some of the best Ami-characterization I've seen, and I'm barely on the 4th chapter, so I'm assuming it will only get better. I also like your OC, Professor Kitagawa, and the premise - Ami embarking on a forbidden romance with a professor is just so... cool! You read all these other SM fics where this happens with Usagi or someone... but it should be Ami! She is the girl-genius who would totally fall for a professor. I mean, you know what they say about the quiet ones... volcanoes are awfully quiet most of the time and then they suddenly erupt... just sayin'.

Okay, back to real-life and hopefully I can continue reading this afternoon. BTW, very steamy scene with Ami in the bathtub...

Take care, ~Starz~
Neuroleptic chapter 18 . 9/11/2008
As usual, great writing. Took me long enough to wrap up reading this one, but it's great!
lfleurdelys chapter 18 . 5/31/2008
To be honest, I was reluctant to read a story not involving Usagi/Mamoru as main characters (I know, how close-minded!) but your story blew me away. I think it's difficult to introduce new characters but you did it extremely well. With your excellent writing, you pulled the reader into your world and weaved in a brilliant storyline. I absolutely loved it and it is becoming one of my favorite stories! Thank you so much! _ I can't believe I wrote such a lengthy note but the story was magnificent!