Reviews for The Inheritance
Guest chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
That is so cute. I hope that u write more. Thank u
Cutter12 chapter 12 . 8/25/2011
I liked how you slowly allowed Charlie's & Emma's relationship to grow. Sweet story.
Azolean chapter 12 . 6/26/2011
I so don't go for fluff. I really don't like AU. And inserting random characters into a permanent position that didn't actually exist is the worst.

However, you pulled this off flawlessly. The minute I finished the first chapter I was ready to quit; simply couldn't deal with that kind of story line. But it is a rare and precious thing to find a fanfic writer who knows what a spellchecker is and how it is used. lol Therefore, it was a worthwhile waste of time to continue into the next chapter.

Not only did I actually finish reading this, I loved it. I can't thank you enough for keeping everyone 99% within character parameters and acceptable behavioral alterations given the circumstances of the plot. I am greatly looking forward to finding more such rare gems. And this is definitely going down as a keeper.
mjels chapter 12 . 1/2/2010
love it great story
BSGirl chapter 12 . 7/4/2007
Wow. I love it. The story is one that I can reread and it will still be as good as the first time I read it.
Rose of Pearl chapter 12 . 12/28/2006
That was so sweet. I've read through all of your stories now, and I can safely say that this is my favorite. I love the whole idea, and I love how Charlie deals with everything. I also love Emma's "army"; it reminds me of that old saying "It takes an entire village to raise a child." Colby and David and Megan getting involved like they did was really cool. I wish their had been more involvement on Larry and Amita's part, too, but at the same time, I preferred the focus on Charlie as her new daddy. And I was so happy when she called him Daddy! Even though he got hit by a car... Anyways, wonderful story. You should totally write more of them.
Sushi Chi chapter 12 . 11/7/2006
Wow. Amazing story. Truely amazing. I really liked this one. It brought a smile to my face and it will leave me thinking about it for a while now. Thank you for writing it.
The Silent Rumble chapter 12 . 10/26/2006
I loved it. So sweet!
Shel chapter 12 . 6/27/2006
Love this fic! Are there any plans for a sequel?
Striped Leopard 626 chapter 12 . 5/7/2006
OMG! So cute! Major cuteness! Love it love it love it love it! I loove it!
thebondgirl chapter 12 . 4/17/2006
omg this was a terrific read!:) i just read this this morning, even though i've had my eye on it for about a month, and now i'm sorry that i didn't read it sooner:):)! absolutely LOVED it, and have to agree on one point in particular: charlie would make an awesome and really cute dad!:)lol keep up the awesome work!:)
PainfullyPassive chapter 12 . 4/14/2006
that was so cute!
Alice I chapter 11 . 3/27/2006
Boy are you getting sick of me yet?

I know that you said that this story was done but let me ask you this;

What happened with the kid in the car? To have broken both of Charlie's legs it was a hard hit. As an x-ray tech I have seen some of these types of injuries and 12 miles an hour would not do that level of damage. Hell I once saw a 4 year old who was hit by a car doing 30 miles an hour and he had less severe injuries.

Perhaps a short epilogue after Charlie is out of the hospital wrapping up a few loose ends. Like the kid lost his license and was arrested for reckless driving, Emma helping Daddy learn to walk again after the casts come off, or Don's reaction to a hearing about the accident, or maybe Charlie sticking up for the kid because he just made a mistake. I don't know. Perhaps we might even find out why Emma is so extraordinary for her age.

Just wishful thinking on my part?
Alice I chapter 10 . 3/27/2006
Well there had to be some Charlie angst in there somewhere.

The fear of not knowing where a child is was well written. I have had that feeling more than once. You had Charlie handle it better than I did as a parent.

The only thing that has stuck out to me throughout the story is Emma and her vernacular. I have an eight year old a five year old and of course the new baby. Your Emma speaks with the maturity of my eight year old and she is only four. Now I understand that some kids simply mature faster than others and have different skill levels. For instance my eight year old was tested at four and found to have an IQ of 138. She was speaking conversational English at 2 years old but still spoke with the emotional maturity of a two year old. Emma speaks with an emotional maturity far beyond her years.

She has also been noticed by the other agents as odd in a way. She is almost too prim and proper for a child of her age but there hasn't been any real exploration into why that might be.

This isn't really a criticism, but an observation. Why is this child so different from the average 4 year old?
Alice I chapter 5 . 3/27/2006
Well This chapter got to me a little. It is true to the characters on the show. When Alan said that he saw a self absorbed person give a shoulder to a little girl to cry on it struck me as a little cruel but then again it is quite true. Charlie is self absorbed. His behavior in the series has proven that a few times.

Then when Don attacked him after leaving Emma's room about building her hopes up and then dashing them it also seemed harsh, but then again it was true to the characters as presented to us by the creators of the show.

I guess what got me is the fact that this whole thing just got dropped in Charlie's lap and it seems terribly unfair to expect him to just roll with the punches. He is still grieving the loss of someone he cared about and they both know how well Charlie handles that sort of thing. This is a huge life changing event and his family seems to be expecting more from him than they would be able to do themselves if they were in his place.

This is well written and it is eliciting strong emotions so as a writer Kudos to that.