Reviews for The Phantom of the Opera
I almost cried because this was the best fan fiction I’ve ever read. Thank you
DubbleClutch chapter 1 . 8/16/2018
Best book from FanFic yet
xzxzxzxzx chapter 15 . 3/2/2018
This is amazing I'm so glad I read it :)
Pbird chapter 15 . 12/1/2017
This was a really sweet story. I liked the pairing alot, but the setting might be the coolest part about this whole story. In some impossible way these you made these two stories fit together perfectly and for that you should be proud.
P1ckleR1ck chapter 1 . 10/22/2017
Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys. Kys.
Kaitlyn chapter 15 . 8/24/2017
Every time I read this story, it just gets better and better! I have always wandered what the Opera House would have been like under the management of Kei and Kali.
Rainpelt The Doctor chapter 15 . 1/30/2017
I recently read The Phantom of the Opera and LOVED IT. I must say, however, that is would have much preferred if it ended a but like this did, with Christie accepting the demon in Erik and loving him. While Raoul was much less of a dick than Dick, I still felt that he did not deserve the love of Christie.

Thank you for this enjoyable experience.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/14/2016
this fucking sucks
Guest chapter 15 . 7/5/2016
What a despicable pile of fucking dog shit.
ChampionHawke chapter 1 . 6/29/2015
OH MY GLOB. THIS IS THE BEST STORY EVER! LOVE THIS ,LOVE YOU LOVE IT!
" \ /"
\( 0 )/

/ \
-/ \-
Guest chapter 14 . 6/6/2015
You know, when you said monsieur le vicomte, you say "gentleman the viscount"
Amazed reader chapter 15 . 5/16/2015
I do believe that was the most captivating, brilliantly written fanfiction I have read in quite some time. I applaud you for this commendable piece of literary art. Please, do the world a huge favor and write stories of your own for shelves that would be blessed to hold your work.
Aoikurotsuki chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
Love the story. I think this is the best story that I've read on this site. And I couldn't help but read it over and over again.
Miyako chapter 15 . 8/6/2014
I have read this so many times and it still gives me butterflies! I think it would have been awesome to continue it as a short side story. But then again, the ending of this was absolutely perfect!
drakenichols1 chapter 15 . 11/25/2013
So "The Phantom of the Opera", a tale of a "monster" and his "soprano". Made into a musical, remade as a movie. Music, drama, and a burning passion between the anti-hero and protagonist.

Simple plot. But adding demons to the mix... Just how much more epic could it get?

So this rendition of Phantom of the Opera, authored by fellow-fanfiction writer Shinji Shazaki, features well-known characters from the famous Teen-Titans, filling the roles of the original piece's cast, and adding a few original characters into the mix. Original and unforgettable, might I add. Truly a combination one would never expect to be done so well. - (hinting on failed attempt to do so himself).

This follows the plot of the original Phantom storyline with added twists. The author is someone entirely new to me, I've never read any of his works until now, and I can safely and confidently say that he is by far the best writer I've seen on this site, next to a certain expert on K-On fan writing.

Let's break this down. First, let's start with the story.

I honestly have not seen the original production so I cannot really comment much on how different this is other than the fact that supernatural elements and borrowed characters have had a place here. But to say this story is a masterpiece is an understatement. The narration is far more sophisticated than what I could come up with. I could see the passion and work Shinji has put into this.

He/she knows how to almost flawlessly depict the emotions of the characters in both first-person and third-person viewpoint. This proves to be challenging when you're trying to switch between perspectives and narration. The dialogue was excellent, the script was sophisticated, there were phrases that would seriously blow me away. It was a well-crafted story and revised plot of the original production.

Let's move onto the characters. This is a yuri/femslash story, so obviously the two main characters are both girls. From the Teen Titans, we have Raven play as the Phantom while Starfire plays as her soprano. Their relationship in the story is first shown when they have known each other for roughly two months already. We are then given a flashback later on about how they met. It was a mysterious meeting, one that needn't any presence from Raven at that time. Just her voice, urging Starfire to sing.

I like that. You show the characters well-into their relationship then explain later on how they met. That's something uncommon in stories. You can just jump in and fill in some blanks later on. It keeps you guessing until the time is right. It's a small aspect of the story that I like in particular, most not paying it any mind. Even the smallest of things can grip me since I love literature with a passion.

Then we have the supporting cast that actually play enormous roles in the growth of Raven and Starfire's relationship. The ever-so supportive Chaos and Kali filled me with warmth. Such kindness is so rare that it makes itself a gem of a quality among people. You can see a motherly relationship between Starfire and Chaos, and a sisterly bond with Kali. It is these people that despite their brands as supporting cast, they still hold significance and a place in the readers' memories to be more than deserving.

I honestly forgot about Jinx, Malchior and Blood around halfway. Not because they're pricks, but because they don't come out as antagonists as strongly as Robin. But the latter seems to be a very mainstream kind of "villain", an obsessed man that can never read between the lines and come up with his own delusions that bring him to denial. Nevertheless, the role fit him. And in the canon-story of Teen Titans, he's one of my least favorites next to Beast Boy.

Speaking of which, Beast Boy and Cyborg happen to be the weakest characters of the story for me. Honestly, while I found them interesting at the beginning of the story, they seem to be quite a bothersome addition to the cast as the plot progressed. Even if they had more screentime than Terra and Bumblebee, I feel that they've wasted such appearances when they could give more impact and relevance if Shinji wanted to. But alas, we need to focus on Raven, Starfire, the two awesome chicks that are on the same boat as them, and the true antagonist that is Robin.

I really wish you made Terra and Bumblebee more active here since they seem like really good characters. Sure they were often shown treating Starfire as friends should, but I feel that they have potential in adding to the story with their relationships with the managers. Side-tracking away from the main couple would actually work at some cases if done right.

The flow of the story was pretty steady in my opinion. Sure it had a few time skips by months, and I had to wonder just what can be done in that time. Yet it seems like Robin has taken a lot of beatings and spent very little time recovering. One would think that someone who's been through that much hell would take a hint that he's just not wanted. But nope, typical obsessed prick.

I like this story. No, scratch that. I LOVE this story. It would be good to go back and read it every now and then. Just to pass the time. But also to appreciate a good piece to get inspiration from. The passion and love put into this story grips me more than it should. I feel myself embracing this rendition of Phantom of the Opera since it has two of my favorite characters of a favorite series of mine getting the main roles.

Story is well-written, main characters were portrayed superbly, two supporting characters were an amazing addition to help the growth of the relationship, and the pacing was steady. What's not to like?

This story is worthy of a favorite. And the author deserves a favorite. I should check if he's still active. I wanna read any more works of his that appeal to me at first glance.

My final verdict of this story is: 9/10.

It would have been perfect if not for the forgettable characters, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Blood, Jinx and Malchior. Hell, let's throw Mammoth in there as well. God, his one major role was to attempt to kill Star and ultimately fail, having his own life end at the hands of our Phantom.

Yuri and Teen Titans, I recommend you to read this story. I'll try to spread the word and make this story known. It's a beautiful piece. I've said a lot, but not enough. But I will end this here before I overdo it. ...If not already.

Thank you, Shinji Shazaki! I hope to read more from you soon!