Reviews for Reworking Punctual
Shiro Ryuu chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Adored it _ Nothing like subtle sweetness, and nothing else would suit them anyway. I actually haven't seen the entire series, so some of it didn't make sense to me, but it was great even so.
Silindro chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
That was smashing. I love the key thing. Favs list.
Melitza chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
Oh now this is cute. I love Mustang's ordering Riza to do things - sounds just like him. And I like the cute little hints of shipness (refusing to meet gaze when he says he'd sleep better knowing she has it... aw). Keep up the cute little ficcies! _
Haidee chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
I know absolutely nothing about full metal alchemist (although I'm pretty sure you and Nine have attempted to tell me about it), but I read this anyway, because, well, a lack of background information on the fandoms you were writing for never did hinder me from being touched by what you wrote (for instance, I read even before I saw a single Fruits Basket episode, and it made me cry!). Your work is what my high-school English teacher would refer to as "literature of power".

You really are one of the best authors I've ever read (and no, I'm not saying this just because you're my friend and I should say nice things, or because I'm deliriously euphoric due to the Without Words update). You have perfected the punchline- all your stories end with a not-too-long sentence that cements itself to the minds of your readers and causes an overwhelming rush of emotion. You write so subtly, you see- you don't waste words and you do not spell things out for your readers. There is so much emotion in your work, but it is so very well hidden (in imagery and symbolism) that it is only after reading the "punchline" that your readers discover that you were building them up for something. You really do it (warning: corny pun coming up) without words (or with as few words as possible)! You make your readers chuckle with witty, memorable lines instead of making them laugh out loud. You write pain the same subtle, but hard-hitting way, effectively reminding us all about how heartache can be more excruciating and lasting than, say, a blow from Sanosuke's horse-chopper. You do not rob your readers of the fun of discovery (I've read most of your stories so many times that I can quote entire paragraphs, but I find something I didn't notice before, or interpret things differently every time I re-read them), and I think that's one of the reasons your work is so enduring and well loved.
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
A unique fic, and I love the shoe idea. Wear heels. Guess they'll be doing the tango. Oh, Mustang. And thanks to you, I'm hungry for apples now. Love this couple, and I love your characterizations. Thanks for sharing!
Sakuma Sonnet chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
I liked it -

it waas a sweet drabble -
Moonlight Storm chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
:D I loved that last line. "Wear heels." It made me laugh, after the serious bit preceding it. And I also loved the apple seller, for some reason - Mustang buying two crates was perfect. Actually, Mustang was just perfect throughout this whole thing. Very realistic. I liked it a lot. And Hawkeye's guilt was spot on. This was a very nice piece.
whoknoez chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
Wait... is that it? Was this a one-shot? So confused... .
Flye chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
Somehow, when I read the line "Wear sneakers" it made me think of Riza wearing Converses. (shrugs) I have no idea why...

Anyways, this was great. Really simple, but beautiful story. I can totally see this happening. Awesome job.

:]
Mareike9 chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
I like this fic! It's so well-written, and your characterization of Roy and Riza's just perfect. I love how Roy was playful but subtle and deep at the same time - that's just like him. And so was Riza, who was being all formal and seemingly detached inspite of her feelings...

Well done! I hope to read more from you!