Reviews for The Maverick
Twinchy chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Interesting fic - in hindsight not conform with the vampire myth "Supernatural" established but still well thoughtout. Especially the part about Josh being behind the troublesome evening for the boys and the Jess references.

I've got some minor suggestions for you though. The whole fic would have been easier to read if you had separated it into different paragraphs (with a long horizontal line or at least two free lines inbetween) whenever the perspective or timeline changes.

Storywise, you could improve your pacing with giving more desciptions of the events and surroundings instead of plain facts (no offence, please).

As for the characters, I'm sure neither Sam nor Dean would have left anyone back in that building (with regards to Dean's pondering to send Josh and Casy away on their own). And both boys seemed a little slow on processing their situation which is IMHO unlikely, since they are such experienced hunters already in comparison with their age (I'm particularly referring to the scene with Maverick's guards jumping the two from behind and knocking them down in the next to last scene).

Speaking of which, in the last scene when Világ Vándora called his men in to kill the Winchesters and finally even tried to drain Sam himself, you sabotaged your own suspense by letting them close in on their targets for far too long. The room could hardly be large enough (even in a mansion) to allow Sam to not only get his tied hand free but also get off the cross entirely and rescue his brother too.

I hope you didn't mind my pointing out one or two things since you mentioned this was your first fiction. I certainly didn't mean to offend you; and the 'bit**'/'jerk' comment in the end was so very much Sam and Dean.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
Cool. Catch ya on the flip side.
keb1991 chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
Wow, that was really good for your first fic. The way the story flowed was really smart. The clues were put together well. Good job. Keep writing stories like this one.
BROXA chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
Hi! Its me!

I liked this story a whole lot, but I think it would've been better as a chapter story, with more character development. Anyway, good job!
Dragonflm61 chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
Very good story. Everything fit together perfectly and the characterization was perfect. Hope you write more stories soon.