Reviews for Picture This
invisible pawprint chapter 31 . 8/28
I've read the whole thing in one go and I loved it. I can really believe this - it's built up really well as they gradually come to appreciate each other and I admire the way you keep their voices so realistic to the characters.
IheartOakenshield193712 chapter 28 . 8/15
Amazing. Superstitions at its best!
SirCxyrtyx chapter 24 . 8/5
Well, you've done it. You've made me complete Belle/Gaston trash. Never thought I'd see the day.
felicitations14 chapter 1 . 6/28
This is a great story! And, to be honest, I think that Gaston only ever stands a chance if the Prince does not exist.
Janahth chapter 31 . 6/15
I really liked this story, I think it is actually quite realistic if it was possible to happen in the movie. Can't help but think of Beast at certain intervals though but that's what makes the book so good.
WintersPheonix chapter 31 . 6/1
Well done. Thank you for a lovely read. I enjoyed that quite a bit.
TheAlabasterPhoenyx chapter 31 . 5/28
This is quite adorable - after watching the new live action Beauty and the Beast I've become much more interested in the fandom associated with the story, and I was very pleased with this work.
You did a good job of keeping both characters in character and realistic in their courtship (though, of course, it diverges quite significantly from reasonable expectation in the actual movies). I would not have expected this to work out quite so believably, but you pulled it off quite well.
Thank you for writing, and I wish you success in all your current and future endeavours.
~ TheAlabasterPhoenyx
Suit of Storms chapter 31 . 5/17
This story is great, I never thought I could enjoy this pairing so much. You write the characters perfectly, I could easily see this being a movie. Thank you so much for posting it!
Harlejen chapter 31 . 5/17
It's amazing that you can write such an unusual scenario so well. The characters are believable the entire time, even as they do grow and change. I like how Gaston never becomes a bookworm, but he does enjoy certain stories if they are read to him.

I also like a point you made about a flaw in Belle's character. That even though she doesn't like it when Gaston blabbers on and on about hunting, she tended to do the same thing about books without taking an interest in the other person first. She obviously didn't mean it to come off that way, but it is something she could work on. I like that especially because a common complaint I hear about Belle is that she is too perfect and doesn't have any flaws. This chapter pointed out she does, but she's willing to work on them.

I also like how you write the people in the town. Most of them aren't vehemently opposed to reading, they just aren't very good at it and don't see the point. They also tend to be kind and creative, just in different ways than Belle would have expected. That's nice.

I love the way Herve is written. I like that even though he is Gaston's rival, he isn't written as one dimensional, or a boring stick in the mud. He's a good guy, just not a good match for Belle. I actually have a friend who is very similar to Herve, he reads everything he can get his hands on and has trivia for pretty much every given situation. But he processes things pretty much the same way Herve does, intellectually instead of emotionally. If you saw a movie with him, he'd talk excitably about how well done it was, and how great the effects were. But if you tried to discuss the characters and why they acted certain ways, he would say “Because they were written that way.” So when Herve says he doesn't understand why a book should touch the heart, it makes me smile. It's like seeing my friend trying to court Belle, it's adorable.

I also like how Gaston certainly isn't stupid, but he's very slow to grasp certain concepts. I love how he thinks that telling Herve to have a nice trip will make up for threatening him in the first place. Or where Belle says that he basically expects her to be a slave, and he responds with; “And that's...bad?” There are just too many great moments to count.

I've loved this story for a long time, and it's changed how I look at these characters forever. I also recommend it to anyone who will listen, because it should be read by everyone, in my opinion. I appreciate you taking the time to write and share it with us.
MagicornIs1 chapter 31 . 4/28
And the Beast died the end
MiddleEarthGirl chapter 1 . 4/16
I stayed up until 2 reading this - what a delight! Well done keeping Gaston in character... but also showing believable character growth!
ladivina chapter 1 . 4/10
Recently reread this story and just reviewed the plagarized version of this. I am totally on your side and told the author that in my review, 5 minutes later the account was taken down, but the nerve of some people. Done ranting now. But seriously I hope you'll write more fics like these, because you're an awesome writer!
ladivina chapter 1 . 4/10
Calebski chapter 31 . 4/4
This is an amazing story. Came to find a fic after watching the recent film and this is just staggering. Such an interesting take on a character I have never thought of. How you managed to keep them in character and yet make me yearn for a happy ending was totally masterful. Amazing work.
lulu2613 chapter 24 . 4/3