Reviews for Eye of the Beholder
mollrat chapter 8 . 5/13
So cute! Danny is such a romantic!
UnsinkablexSunkenxShip chapter 1 . 4/21
So, I know that I'm super late here, and that you probably don't even remember the rant you gave in the first chapter of this fic, but I just had to say that through it all, I was nodding and shaking my head along with it. I can't stand stories like that, it's like people aren't appreciating the characters the way they were written, the way that they ARE. So, I commend you for pointing it out :) Also, you? A friggin Danny Phantom fanfiction GOLDMINE! May I just point out how absolutely grateful I am that you decided to write fanfiction? It's super hard finding good Danny Phantom fanfics out there lately (could be because I read them all... .) and when I stumbled upon yours?! Almost cried in happiness... Way to be awesome!
FallingNarwhals chapter 8 . 4/7
This was amazing! Awesome job on the whole thing!
pbow chapter 1 . 3/26
Thanx for the rant, I feel the same way. Sam deciding to go with a light pink lipstick or letting her hair down and grow in length is definitely not the Sam from the show.
And Danny developing the muscles of Charles Atlas? Never. He might develop a bit of tone from the fighting, but he's a scrawny kid in the show so it'd never happen while he's still in high school.
Thanx for keeping them all in character and keep up the good writing.
pbow
TheCastorbean chapter 1 . 1/22
I have to agree with you, I hate it when people write things that go against the canon. I tend to tolerate it more when it comes to the physical changes in Danny though. I can totally see him becoming more muscular (not like bodybuilder muscular because that just isn't realistic and too many muscles looks just plain gross), having plenty of scars and getting taller. That might just be because I like reading the scenario's where everyone finds out and is absolutely shocked that the 'nerd' Danny Fenton is actually good looking though. They make me laugh and shout at the screen: "Take that you pompous A-list egomaniacs! Not so geeky now is he!? This is why you don't judge a book by its cover, K-4 concept that your just getting now!"
As for Sam though I wholly agree about her independent Goth character remaining as it is. I hate it when people try to change that, it's what makes her Sam. If people want to write about team Phantom rocking their sophomore, junior and senior years (any years after freshman year actually) with more mature features (taller, more defined muscles, curvier, etc.) then I'm cool with that as long as they make it reasonable and realistic. By reasonable and realistic I don't mean any of those ridiculous ass pulls that some people do, like all of a sudden pulling something out of thin air and running with it. As long as their initial personalities are the same or at least close enough I'm cool with whatever else.
Nlresda123 chapter 8 . 12/7/2014
i loved your story! create a sequel
shugokage chapter 8 . 9/4/2014
Amazing story great job!
WindRush chapter 8 . 8/14/2014
This is seriously THE best Danny Phantom fic I have ever read! It is so amazingly sweet and cute and just wonderful! I LOVE it; and you did a splendid job of keeping everyone in character! :D
peacelight24 chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
So I just wanted to say, I really liked your fic. I thought that your portrayal of Danny and Sam's relationship, and their characters in general, were really good. Same goes for Tucker and Valerie. Frankly, anyone willing to portray Lancer and teachers in general in a favorable, even honorable light is someone I would pay attention to. So Kudos!

One other thing I wanted to say: I totally agree with you about Sam. She is who she is and she isn't going to change randomly or without reason. And even if she did, she would not conform to societal norms just like that. If she changed her style and appearance, it would still be just as quirky and/or original as before. However, that's not to say she could never change her appearance/style. Personally in see sam's attraction to gothic style as a statement in itself. She is telling the whole world (including herself) that she is not and will never be her parents, that she can and will make her own choices, and that no one is going to, as you say "put baby in a corner." I think she drifted toward goth style because of a genuine interest, but embraced it fully because of a desire to make a statement. Because Sam is all about statements. Now I'm not saying Sam would ever change during high school or even college, but down the road, once her independence has been safely established, I can see her expanding her horizons. It's not that there is anything wrong with goth or that it's childish or crap like that, but Sam sees herself as the instrument by which the rest of the world learns lessons of righteousness through. She has an open mind, and would not close herself off to the changes and uprisings of Americas many subcultures because she already found one she liked and fit into. So yes, I see her possibly changing in the distant future, but then wouldn't everybody?

Sorry, that was longer than expected. I really did like your story!
Rose-Aki chapter 8 . 3/31/2014
I always come back to read this story and every time I find it even more amazing than the last.

The way you described Danny and Sam making the project, the misunderstanding and finally them confessing is so great.

Beautiful story :)
KiatosTenku chapter 8 . 3/3/2014
I loved this story! I'm sad its over, actually.
windscryer chapter 3 . 1/12/2014
"Because Moonlighting was handled very, very poorly, Daniel," he sighed. "And as much as it hurts, we're going to have to pay for that for a good long while."

I laughed so hard my sides hurt and my dog is hiding in the closet. Kudos!
Linzerj chapter 6 . 10/25/2013
All the Fairly Odd references have me squealing in more joy. They're like sprinkles on the cake - the cake, of course, being this marvelous story!
Sirens in the water chapter 3 . 6/30/2013
This is awesome
Guest chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
wow, i havesomething to say about your rant
(applause)
-finally, someone who gets it. reading this felt like watching one of the episodes, its perfectly in character. and im not just talking about the actual characters, its the comic relief and... just all the other small bits and pieces (ex: the whole talk between Danny and his dad. a master piece!)