Reviews for Secrets
Jubilee3 chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
This fic is so well-done that I don't know where to start. The writing, the characterizations, everything! I really hope you do end up continuing this. :)
blue-seme chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
wow, that was really amazing, i think you captured iruka's relationship with naruto well, i feel so bad for genma and iruka...
Kokoro chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
I was directed to this story and I'm so glad I ended up reading it. It's very beautifully written and the characters aren't OOC at all. The subject matter is touchy, but you wrote it very well (and believable). Great work!
VescaWithoutWings chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
hm.. interesting subject matter, btu I thinkyou handled it with aplomb. You're writing is near perfect, and I loved how you paced it.
Lovecraft chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
This is probably one of my favorite stories, and I haven't been able to pinpoint why. I like the how flawed you've made the characters, how knowing they are are, and even though they're flawed, they're trying to shine. The small details, like Genma dunking Iruka and Naruto's squinty smile maybe are the best parts. All the little pieces are what make the whole, right?
Nezuko chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
I really liked this, despite the distasteful subject matter. You explored the topic with sensitivity and insight, and on top of that it's very well written. You did a good job with the characters and gave it a believable setting.

And there were some lovely turns of phrase in there. I was especially fond of this: He can also be really, really sexy with his hair down brushing his bare shoulders all shiny-silky, that inevitable startled look on his face like he’s never sure how he came to end up in Genma’s bed and is completely oblivious to what they are about to do.

I'm not sure why that line in particular grabbed me - maybe the degree to which you made me SEE that look on Iruka's face, and FEEL Genma's reaction to it.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed this, and I'll be looking for your other writing.
een nihc chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I felt like I was treading deep water too as I read this. Very few people writes through Genma's POV and I applaud you for doing such a great job. I love the line where Iruka said in the end, “I don’t want sympathy,” and Genma replied, “How about friendship?”
chibinecco chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
That was good. I don't normally like Iruka paired with any one other than kakashi especially naruto because the father son relationship makes me think incest but this was good. really good. well writen tasteful and convincing. believable to a point that i can't really say it couldn't happen in cannon. that might be pushing it a little but it doesn't have to push far.
Hotaru Aino chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Ack! Bad! No, you shouldn't make me cry at work. Crud, good thing no one's too close or they'd be wondering why my eyes are all watery. Excellent story, I love tragic romances, and I've always had a soft spot for Iruka and Naruto. This is getting added right to my Fav Stories.
scribbles-in-the-margins chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
This is a hard one to think of what to say. The writing is near flawless, but you probbaly already knew that.

The characterization is what makes it hard. Such a situation you wouldn't expect, but such an expert handeling of it. ITs something to be read slowly and savoured. ITs makes it seem foolish for any of us to think that Iruka got through what he did without being broken, maybe worse than any of the others.
mathom-q chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
Quite possibly the best IruNaru I've ever read - because I haven't read any others. HAHA.