Reviews for Brother of Dragons
Thornthief27 chapter 26 . 9/16
This was beautiful. I like the kind of stories that are more of a tale, like this one. It is very well-written. Awesome!
J Luc Pitard chapter 25 . 7/31
I really enjoyed this story. The character progressions and the way they were each imperfect and doubting, questioning, it gave this story a lot of realism. One thing the story could've used was a few more characters named for the characters in the series, but I can see how naming Sumi after Megumi would get some people riled up... given her fate. I'd thought Yahiko for Lul, for example. Maybe that would've messed up the storyline, though. I loved the awkwardness of Ataru handcuffing Kenshin to the bed and that the lawman then went on to do all their chores for them for almost a week. Very nice touches. This whole story was wonderful for many different reasons.
I really liked this story! I think you did a very good job making the story be realistic with how the problems were resolved and the details you included in the story! This makes me think of the days of the Wild West and the clashes that occurred with the Native Americans, or at least how I imagine it was.
KazeYasumi chapter 26 . 11/14/2015
Ha, I WASN'T imagining the American Indian references! (pats self on the back) I gotta ask, though - have you lived out west/on a farm/in the country a lot? Or are you just like me and have read lots of books about it?

And is Ataru roughly modeled on Saito, or just more on the cowboy/western lawman type? I liked him a lot. He's such a decent guy trying to do the right thing...the scenes at the house with him and Kenshin after the baby was born were hysterical.

I sincerely appreciate your ability to write love scenes without making them "sex" scenes. There were a couple parts in the earlier chapters that had me uncomfortable, but it got better as the story went on. I'm following "Mindsifter" avidly and enjoying it hugely - and appreciating the lack of innuendo there, too. Such a relief to be able to read stuff without having to worry that just as you're starting to love these people there's going to be something inappropriate.

Kudos, and thanks!
kenji-chan chapter 26 . 4/2/2015
there is one episode in anime where kenshin was on a horse i forgot what episode it was but it was during they had a train ride and there was a hold-up. Kenshin fell from the train and comes back with a horse. he is cool horse rider in that episode
natysc chapter 26 . 4/11/2014
What an amazing story, thank you.
Illusions of Dreaming chapter 26 . 4/17/2013
oh my god. I just finished reading this story C':
I found it yesterday afternoon and I finished today at school during my spare.
This story was lovely :'3 it has a different style from other writers- which is definitely a good thing- though the pace was a bit... hm... not fast but also quite mechanical. Everything just happened from one event to another xD
I really like the fact that you included a really long author's notes at the very end and explained everything to us, I'm really grateful for that C':

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story with us!
Ehmi chapter 2 . 2/19/2013
I haven't finished reading this chapter (I'm just at that part Hiko wants to pass on probably his swordsmanship style (Hiten Mitsurugi, I assume) to Kenshin) but I just had to pause at the realization about Hiko's and Kenshin's sister's 'relationship'. I don't know if it is your intention, or I'm just reading too much into the story so far. But the hate-love relationship between the two just clenched my heart. And upon reading about the treatment to half-breeds.. My heart just reached out to the two. They can't afford to fall in love because they are of different kind. What more can they do but be angry at each other for not being the same kind, for their cruel fate. Ohmygooood. The angst. (I'll go back to reading now. I'm really looking forward to Kaoru now! So far, this is proving to be a good read!_)

-Emi
Yorushike chapter 26 . 12/5/2012
Hi,
I really enjoyed the story a lot. It was written very well, so that it felt extremely alive. Your Kenshin as well as your Kaoru have little to do with the original, as you yourself have noted, but they are just as loveable. I would have liked to see a bit more depth at the end. It feels a bit ... forced?, maybe...
You have this hughe problem: The dragons that are hated, the people who don't fit with the way of life of another, not only that the wild hate the new, but far more importantly the new look down on the wild. And yet here we are: Suddenly the dragons can go into sleep (and of course in the future, they will have better chances? With no one who knows them? Imagine people from the middle ages were to suddenly wake up in our society. They would have far worse chances than if they stayed in their own time), the wild will simply join the new, no that there is no more reason to fight (what about the hatred? The diffrent cultures? Kenshin is having so many difficulties, but they should be able to do it alone?) and finally the new have made them second class people (killing them is not a crime?), they will be nothing better than slaves.

I realise, that for you Kenshin and Kaoru are important, not their world and in real life it is likely, that they would live together and never do anything about it, just fighting when Kenshin is attacked or hurt by someone. But is that really the kind of Kenshin you made in this story? A man who will watch his people die? He never seemed to be so before. And would Kaoru ask him to destroy himself like that, if she truely loved him?

Besides all of that (sorry) it is still a beautiful story
Greetings Yorushike
Brenden chapter 26 . 1/31/2012
great work neat concept
poems2songs chapter 25 . 5/3/2011
wonderful story... really liked it... nice happy ending... good job... great work!
Tinsnail chapter 26 . 2/16/2011
Beautiful. I hope to write so well one day. I was very touched by the struggles that Kaoru and Kenshin faced to finding a place in which they could be together. I thought for sure that the stark difference in their cultural identities might keep them apart from one another in the end.
Sangome chapter 12 . 2/13/2011
I liked the story so far, but this chapter was too difficult to finish. I cannot see how Kaoru would go back to her people after knowing that they were the one who could have killed Kenshin. To me, she'd more likely to stay at Himura and take care of their hut, at least in his honor. This representation of Kaoru made no sense... She'd insist to go out and search for him (which would make more sense if you wanted to make her go back for the plot). I see the way she accepted Atura's company implausible as well. He was the one who captured Kenshin before. Even if he's a good person (which I somehow doubt, because it seemed like he's being nice because he's interested in Kaoru), he stalked her. That's just creepy.
Evabelle chapter 26 . 12/12/2010
Simply because I am to lazy to log in...I am here to write my review anyway. Your story...I must say was breathtaking. Beautifully written and I'm frustrated that I cannot convey how much I absolutely loved your story. Thank you for sharing a piece of your brillent mind with me (:

Bravo.

SamuraiPixie17 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Oh my god! I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this story yet. Well anyway, I loved it! It was absoultly wonderful, and you wrote it so perfessionaly. Truely it's an insparation to many writers. So as a twist in events... Thank you so much for writing this story. I enjoyed reading it, hehe every time. Yea well I just couldn't read it once._X