Reviews for The Tenth Yard
Dante Morose chapter 1 . 6/14
This was...ouch.
But, what does your title "The Tenth Yard" mean? I'm totally lost, but it's captivating.
-Dante
NursingStudent chapter 1 . 3/17
Whoa, this is a pretty emotional oneshot. You kept the tension just right and you kept us (the readers) in the dark just as Al was keeping Ed.
And your story is making me feel philosophical.
So, since I am a nursing student, and this type of situation does happen, I feel compelled to comment on whether or not Al was truly being strong by keeping news that Ed was dying from him. If Al were an American nurse, he would be obligated to answer Ed’s questions honestly with tact, to lie would diminish the trust between a patient and a nurse. However, I have read before that medical personnel in Japan do not necessarily tell patients if they are terminally ill. Also, Al is family, so he is not obligated, but I think in this story, as much as he’s protecting Ed’s hopes and dreams, he’s also protecting himself. It would be very hard to tell your best friend and brother that he’s dying. But what if Ed suspected he was dying? Then, would it really be brave for Al to put off addressing death when his brother was facing it?
Sorry, I’m rambling. Your story is thought-provoking and making me ponder. Thank you for writing.

- Nursing Student
PinkSaphira chapter 1 . 5/18/2015
so sad. but so beautiful! fantastic job! loved it!
lluviabrillante chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
Crying. Damn.
SophieNewman chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Oh my God. Oh my God, oh my God. You weren't kidding when you said this was a tragedy. Well... this kinda ripped my heart out and shredded it to bits, but other than that it's a really good fic.
Kiss From a Belladonna chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Well that escalated quickly! Causing me to cry... Dammit it takes a lot to make me cry or you have to catch me off guard and you certainly did that. I knew Al had to be lying or at least didn't know what was wrong himself, but for him to stay calm enough when his brother was technically RIPPED IN HALF is quite an... I hesitate to say accomplishment.
Oh gosh, it was very well written and I'm glad I got taken by surprise for the first time in a while, it's always fun to have a shock factor :)
xHitanTenshi chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
That's so sad *sniff*
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Oh my word. What have you done here? My fingers are shaking right now. And I'm still gaping, wondering if I'm going to outright cry or just have my eyes water for a while. This story. It pulls on my heartstrings so much. how are you able to make me want to cry in just 800 words? It's incredible. But you did it. And this idea. Oh my word. I don't even know what else I can say. But Ed's feeling that something isn't quite right, but that Al would tell him if something was wrong. And Al just sitting there, holding half of Ed's body and never letting on that he's going to die or that anything's wrong at all. He didn't even have a chance to say goodbye that way, or to say anything or to share anything. And then he was left without being able to cry or anything and... I'm devastated right now. Whoa.
The Curse of Forever chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Omg, that is so sad T-T

You write beautifully
Vita-de-Incendia chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
*cries* NU~~! i was crying so hard (still am)... U EVIL PERSON! *cries* sniff sniff... DOUSHITE? *cries* NANDE?
Res Nullius chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
I saw art for this on Deviant art and I thought it was absolutely heartbreaking, and after reading the story it just put me in tears! This is so sad and so beautiful! And your writing is amazing, I am really looking forward to reading more from you!
Wassermagierin chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
If you were trying to make me cry, then you succeeded *sniff* I liked it though, great job!
XxHouranxX chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
My eyes are watering up...Beautiful, yet extremely sad story. This is definitely going on my favorites!
Kestrel Faeran chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
This was... depressing. And beautiful. ;_;

Great job.
MithLuin chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
Oh! I just saw Sicarius' fanart for this. Wow...Al is really devious. I don't know how he was able to stay so calm and be strong for his brother there. That was just...wow. If this had been any longer, I would have teared up, for sure.