Reviews for Only in Death
wheresmybook chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
I always hated those things... Vaula is the worst place in arcadia- there are monsters, and people, and all of them feed on the weak...
SonicFrank chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Wow, Ris... You've sure improved alot since that Varele story I read a long time ago. This story was beautifully written in a way that makes me not envious, but jealous. I could never pull off that kind of literature no matter how hard I try. Your descriptions were beautiful, and the emotion was... Well, I felt it. That's when you know you're reading a good fanfic - when you're not reading it, but seeing and feeling it. Great job, keep it up!

There's only one line in this entire document that bothered me. Here it is:

Again, this victim seemed little more than skin and bone, and completely unresponsive, dead to the world.

That last comma, I don't think it should've been a comma. It should be a dash, because you're adding on to what you said before it, not connecting two different thoughts. I read that line three times in a row because it seemed very out of place - out of place, because everything else was so well-done that I forgot I was reading. I wasn't analyzing, I wasn't questioning, I was reading, and then that line just brought me to a complete stop, forcing me to read on and get back into my previous mood. I'm not saying it's a bad line, but you could do better. This fic proves you could do better.

I wish I could write like you, Ris... You did a great job. Don't you stop, y'hear! _

Captain Frank, Blue Rogue Extraordinaire! : )p
Contraltissimo chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
Wow, that was incredible. I remember seeing those things in the catacombs for the first time. I remember the horror I felt, the wonder and pity and sadness at the loss of life. Normal life, anyway. I am glad that you've told their story. Somebody had to do it, and you captured it brilliantly. Truly, it doesn't necessarily take claws or scales or slavering jaws to make something truly terrifying. Well done.
HappyCricketSmile chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
That was really sad, yet creative, and definately beautifully written. I've never even thought about those things that way...you've given me a great new perspective on things. Keep writting.
The Right Hand Of Fate chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
wow... you've got a pretty good imagination there lol, certainly thought a lot about this. I really like it, it's one of the best dark fics I've read in a very long time, and I couldn't see any errors at all. Keep up the great work!

Toado
Desert Lynx chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
This story gave me the chills. Since I think that's what you wanted, great job!
Steeple333 chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
If I hadn't alreay cried today, I would have now. When I first saw those thing I was like "What are... Oh my God! O_o Those are corpses! Ew..."

But yours is even more disturbing and sad. Interesting...