Reviews for Dark Lord
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
I have less sympathy for Archibald, but still, he was in a kinda difficult situation! Not surprised it's all Calcifer's fault though! Lots of fun :-)
xDragonstreamx chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
rofl this is too hilarious. a worthy jab in the back to every clich├ęd good vs. evil book out there. and drunk Howl is absolutely adorable.
ShirouHokuto chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Oh Archibald, you are the cutest sneering Dark Lord. XD Very excellent fic!
Tealeavz chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
I have just finished reading your trilogy and I very much enjoyed them. I loved your original characters, you gave them a background and a pesonality and made them fit into the world already established very smoothly. But I loved Howl, Sophie and Calcifer too. Your attention to details is amazing and I loved how well the story moved along even when it was divided into three seperate tales. A previous reviewer mentioned that your work reminded them of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett and I have to agree; this was very reminscent of 'Good Omens'. I would very much love to see more from you about Howl and Sophie.
saltyavocado chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
This only seems to be getting better and better. Dark Lord becoming a commercial business indeed! I loved it, especially all of the amusing details provided, such as the Dark Lord school and the fastness realtors, not to mention the "evil" house attachments. And how someday the Oppressed Populace would someday become the Elite. You have a gift for this! (wipes tears of merriment from eyes) And Archibald as a character, being the underachieving teen trying to please his parents, was just lovable. I was cheering him on the whole time. (although Phyllis still remains my favorite) I have thoroughly enjoyed these stories of yours. Keep up the good work!

PS. I will remain a fan of yours forever (or until I stop reading fanfic) for including Chrestomanci in this story. "I fancy taking on this Chrestomanci chap on his home territory. He can't be up to much, not if he wears clothes like that." Oh, the inward laughter which threatened to bubble out.
BreathOfNocte chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Finally, someone else who recognizes the ridiculous abundance of villainous dark lords! Honestly, one can't swing a cat without hitting a black-robed evil doer these days. And they've gotten so soft! Shameful, really. Obviously, he was destined to be vanquished by Howl. Or Spohie. Actually, i was sort of expecting Sophie, given the wizard's level of inebriation, but i suppose it soothed Archibald's ego a bit. Goodness knows what he would have done if SOPHIE had bested him... he may have even sniffled.
Osprey Eamon chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Favourite bit was the trouble that Archibald ran into with the exchange rate. It's amusing that even amongst all the princes and castles and great destinies that the laws of finance still demand to be obeyed.
Phoenix To Flame chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Very awesomely told.

" I will protect, his stance said. Archibald had learnt to read such stances at the Academy. Strangely, the woman's stance said exactly the same, though this was ridiculous, because she was only woman."

If Sophie heard that, Archibald would be in a lot of trouble.
Hidari chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
This is genius! I was laughing so hard. I loved Dark Lord of Derkohlm and you've made the same thing work here. Brilliance.
Sora chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Wow, I have to say your writing style is just addictive! Reminds me of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett actually, with such wackiness yet brilliant ,solid writing. Love how hilarious yet still sympathy-inciting the characters are. It's kind of amazing how you used three different original characters in this 'trilogy', yet still keep the story smoothly going and the readers, reading.

You're the first writer here I'm reviewing simply because after reading, I felt like I just found treasure. Like someone else has stated, if this was an original story, and not a fanfic, we would still love it, maybe even more! You're obviously a talented writer and I'm 'bookmarking' you! :D

Do tell, do you have a blog or something where you write 'non-fanfics'?
Bye. See ya. Or not chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Brilliant! This was so, SO funny.

Were you on my faves list? If you weren't, you are, and you should have been.

bb xx K.A.
Zarz chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
This is a great trilogy! I love it! Howl is perfect, and I love Sophie and her determination! Really, really great work!
Fae chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
This is undoubtedly my favourite story of the three. I love how it ties everything up together...and really, the idea of a Dark Lord Academy is brilliant.

Your writing is absolutely brilliant!
older and amused chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
that, my dear, was positively brilliant! in fact, i strongly reccomend that you find some way of changing the plot so as to make it ENTIRELY your own (none of DWJ's characters), and get it published! it is probably the best Fanfiction i have ever read, with an imaginative quality to rival RUMO and Harry Potter! i loved all three of your stories, especially the way you played expertly on fairy tales in the later two!

i am quite positive, that if you changed the stories just so that it wasn't a fanfic anymore, you could get someone to publish it! you are increadibly gifted, congratulations!

luv,

Genny
Caddris chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
Oh wow. I just finished reading your mini trilogy and I must say that each story was absolutely incredible. You have the cannon characters spot on and your own characters add wonderfully to the stories. I seriously hope that you decide to write more Diana Wynne Jones fan fictions. They provide a wonderful diversion to the mundane life at college.