Reviews for Duct Tape
Joanne Barcia chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
Just... wow. Loved this so much, the writing is beautiful and that last line was so powerful! Great job! :)
Spice of Life chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
Okay, so I finished reading it and was like, "Wow. That was really good."

And then all of a sudden, I just started crying. That was one of the most powerful things I've ever read, and I've read some pretty thought-provoking stuff before. But this has seriously brought me to tears.

Have you ever read, "A Tale of Two Cities"? I think that's one of the reasons this hit me so hard. I just finished that book a little while ago, and the ending of that made me cry as well. If you've never read it, in the ending, a man who seemed to have no purpose in life discovered that his true purpose had been to die in order to save someone else.

So this just reminded me so much of that, and that's such a powerful thing to imagine...that sometimes people's purpose in life is to die in order to save others. Just like Mark's purpose in life was to die in order to get his family back together.

Oh, man. This is turning into one long-ass review, and I'm sorry about that. But this has seriously been one of the best things I've ever read. Just the whole duct tape symbolism, and the rather fitting aortic aneurysm fit so well and just created this extremely powerful story. I've used the word powerful an awful lot in here, but that's what this really was.

So I'm going to go off and cry now, and attempt to stop so that I don't look like such an idiot. Excellent, excellent job though. So glad I read that.
Avacados are evil chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
(speechless, in a good way) ((a very, very positive silence))
CanaceErinn chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
Oh, that's really sad. Sad, but good. Nice job of how you twisted the story.
Amberli Raven chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
Wow, you got me at the very end. *sniffle* Great job!
ObsessivePerfectionist chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
Fabulous. Absolutely amazing.

I loved it and am now going off to read your other stories. The duct tape metaphor was great and I loved that you focused some on Mark and Angel's friendship. Not too many of those are around.

Great job!
OSYH chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
I'm getting the feeling in my throat that I only have when I'm trying not to cry. This was a really touching story. Although Mark dies in it. I'd leave this as fanfiction because I don't think that my fellow RENTheads couldn't handle another death of a main character. My only piece of criticism is that there were some, although very few, grammar mistakes.
Donner Dumott Schunard chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
*claps* I think this was fabulous. The whole duct tape metaphor, the use of having Mark get sick... the use of flashbacks... I'm a sucker for those Mark-Angel friendship bits. I really liked this. And the end was so ponient.

As a fangirl of the duct tape, I approve!
Yo chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
NO! Mark is *masking* tape that you can use lots of times!

Heh, that was really, really good, esp Mark's characterization. Nuff said. First time fanfiction actually made me feel sad.
jesuisl0ser chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
Amazing. Simply amazing. Beautiful, sad...very well written. One of the best I've seen here so far. I love it. *tear* MARKY! rofl! So sad...You made me cry...for angel, for marky...(excuse me calling him "marky"-i always call him that hahaha)
SilverDragonTattoo chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
*sobs* That was so sad! Poor Marky. I love the story. Very well Job! O_o
fadeinonme chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
Oh wow, I'm officially crying here. Seriously it was so powerful to watch Mark's death from watch him see his friends come together over him and this whole analogy of him to duct tape is so perfect and so well used through out the fic. And it just came on so suddenly when I started reading it, even as he got sick I didn't think that meant... his death.. and so then as he realized it, I realized it and it was so shocking and well written.

Real nice transition from flash back back into real life..going from Roger talking into the doctor talking almost seemlessly.

Incredibly heartbreaking.

I absolutely loved it, you did a fantastic job!
meaghan chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
you killed mark! really good story though. sad now...
RoeBoat chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
That was probably the best one-shot I've read in this section to date. You went into so much detail... and it had an awesome pattern (the whole duct tape thing). Very, very rockin'.

I loved it! It's going on my faves...

-Marty :-D
Abby chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
What a wonderfully written story. You made me cry, seriously.