Reviews for The Mother of Invention
Anne chapter 1 . 7/20/2017
Great fic. I was so confused reading this the first time through-initially I thought the prisoner was Artemis because he or she was too tall for a fairy prison, and was the second prisoner Opal?! Now I love combing through the story again, laughing at each of the clues I missed. I like how realistically you portrayed Opal's thought processes and reactions, and the second preson narration is materfully done.
moosejuice5 chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
odd but nice
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
I can't imagine how anyone can dislike this unless they completely did not understand. This is brilliant; this deserves a prize or something. The way she handled the twist and the truth and the timing and the wordings- simply brilliant. I love it.
wthtonibelle chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
OMG this was a brilliant journey.
Ticktock chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Really? Opal/opal? That's...pretty cool actually. I thought it was artemis.
kairitheseventhprincessofheart chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
So good! I loved it! What a twist- but so masterfully done.
Everwild chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Huh, thought it was Artemis until just about the end. Had to double check the summary to make sure it didn't explicitly state that it was him, which is what I pretty much assumed throughout even as it started to make less and less sense...it's not that far out there, if it were some AU plot where Arty gets himself in over his head. But, yes, Miss Koboi does make more sense.
personwithnoname chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
But... Wait... That...was truly brilliant. You did this perfectly - not letting the vital fact slip out without seeming to be hiding anything. Bravo!
Araedia chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Wow, that was just so amazing! I thought it was Artemis right up till the last para and then it suddenly clicked- oh, Opal turned into a human!

Brilliant job, and I loved the 2nd person, it just gives this overall wonderful (and kinda creepy) effect!
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
if there's anything wrong, only my ocd english teachers would be able to tell.

brittney
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Oh, WOW. I don't read slash but I have to admit, the twist you played was devilish and your writing style was excellent. By not using names, you made me suspect that there might be a twist at the end... but there certainly didn't seem to be, and who would have expected THAT? But I can see the hints you interspersed in here.

So, yeah, the slash always turns me off but you wrote this masterfully, and that I must commend.
Lim chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
That was heavenly. Left me in a daze.
andaere chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Wow. Wow, wow, wow. This is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

The whole time I thought it was Artemis in there. I was wondering what it would be that would turn him against everything he was fighting for... and then I was a bit confused about the magic part, and the Book part, and the clone part, most of all. But wow. Totally did NOT see that coming. I didn't even know that the clone was just a figment of Opal's imagination.

When I first started reading this story, I was apprehensive because it was in 2nd person. I hate 2nd person POV. But I think I'm going to have to make an exception to that. The 2nd person POV really helps the air of mystery and confusion and weird, bittersweet drifting. (That makes a lot of sense...) When the 1st person POV came in as well... at first I was just more confused, but that worked out, too.

You really have a lot of talent. Not a lot of people can write something like this and have it come off as thought-provoking and just slightly disturbing rather than overdone and corny. It's hard to write about characters becoming crazy without it seeming unrealistic or overdramatic, but you managed that.

I just LOVE your writing style in this! But seriously, see a shrink. How can you write something so disturbing? Then again, I should probably see a shrink of reading this and loving it... xD Just kidding.

Um... I've pretty much exhausted my nonsensical compliments, so I'll just leave you with this: amazing, one-of-a-kind, unique, spine-chilling 'fic you have here. Superb job, and thank you for writing it. You're a very, very, VERY talented writer.

P.S. Sorry for all of the probable typos. Your story was so awesome that I spaced and forgot how to type properly. xD
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
so... how/why did our poor little arty kill holly? it must have been pretty disasteroius to have murdered holly and trouble in one fell swoop.

gone off the deep end, eh? *rolls eyes* typical mud men...,

brittney
carino2 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
I really liked that a lot.

"Could there be anyone more worthy of your love, after all, than yourself?"

I think that's a question we all ask ourselves.

And I was glad that you made Opal not into a cold-hearted, insane killer, but someone who could still think and feel.

And what she did seemed to me something to redeem herself. Great job.