Reviews for Jeremiad
neeniya chapter 7 . 11/19/2015
I-I'm not crying! You are! (Can you hand me that tissue?)
Ahh this fic is really good, and just so full of emotion. This is one of the stories I'd wished they'd elaborated on in the show, but seeing as no matter how it's told it's always sad and dark, I guess they couldn't.
KraZiiePyrozHavemoreFun chapter 18 . 9/25/2015
A wonderful read.
esran chapter 16 . 7/30/2014
I'm curios as to what is happening in the rest of the world, and why they can't get outside support now that phantom is gone.
Eddy13 chapter 15 . 10/8/2013
Interesting story. I don't know if I buy the idea of Danny revealing his identity to Valerie before going to live with Vlad. As for that thing with Vlad attempting to use the Ghost Gauntets on Danny, I wouldn't say that was so much a plothole as a suspenseful moment until Danny appeared in the present, giving us the idea that Vlad reconsidered destroying Danny. One of the things I liked about TUE is that it looked like Vlad actually experienced remorse, something sadly he never experienced in the changed timeline. Personally, I'd like to think Dark Danny's timeline vanished once Danny changed the past, but thanks to Clockwork, Dark Danny was spared. After all, if there were more than one timeline, then Dark Danny's future would've remained despite killing Danny. On a final note, I like that you decided to have Danny's human side become a ghost, along with Tucker and Sam. It sort of makes his fate less dark,
kingpariah chapter 18 . 5/20/2013
here i am again, at the final chapter of this fic. *smirk* i had hoped to re read anathema right after finishing jeremiad, but it appears that it would have to wait another day. you should already be aware of how much i like this fic and the rest that accompany it. i've dubbed this quartology (still not sure if that's a word) "The Ultimate Saga". The reason fro the name is because it revolves around the "TUE" storyline so i figured it fits. i don't know if you have other stories in the works, but if you do, i'm looking forward to reading them.
kingpariah chapter 14 . 5/20/2013
great work filling in this scene explaining danny's determination in winning against dan. this is i think my third time reading the saga and i'm going to keep reading it many times over. *smile* i've also been telling my friends of the saga, so they read it as well. *laugh*
kingpariah chapter 13 . 5/20/2013
*smirk* clockwork. up to his usual tricks i see.
kingpariah chapter 7 . 5/20/2013
I've read your saga twice already, and here I am reading it a third time. *chuckles* even knowing what's around the corner, I still find myself almost teary eyed from reading this. Then again I am in a dim lit room with my face on the screen. *smirk* but I'm confident that your writing is 99.9% responsible for this would be tears. *laughs*
Luke Danger chapter 18 . 12/16/2012
Like Anathema, I really liked this work. You did an excellent job chroniciling Valerie, and impressively you had her develop. From freaked out at the thought of having chased off a close friend to coldly determined to defend the survivors to a death seeker willing to give it all just to put down the cause, and finally to someone who was able to forgive and rebuild. In many ways, you paralelled Danny in TUE, where he goes from skirting the edge of descending into darkness to learning that some people deserved a second chance - and so did he. So did Valerie, who had grown to be willing to talk to non-hostile ghosts. And again, she had taken a leadership role like Danny did during Pirate Radio, except organized it overall.

One bit I really appreciated was early on, where you pointed how just how much Danny had done keeping ghosts away. I often wonder that had people known how often ghosts got in and how often Danny stopped their attacks how much they'd be willing to hate him. Yet, you also pointed out how easy it was for people to become complacent; I'll admit, I did not see the SkulkTech "attack" coming, but it was a great twist. Funny, people are willing to do anything when the legions of hell are on the doorstep, yet when it feels like the threat is gone, everyone complains and becomes self absorbed.

However, what really made this enjoyable was how you went post-story. Like Vlad said, in theory, the moment Danny popped back they should have "stopped existing", yet the timeline continues. I always enjoyed stories of darker times, post-apocalyptic, following those who are trying to build a better future for the next generations and not descend into anarchy over it. But you didn't limit it to Earth, you also pointed out how the Ghost Zone was building a new society and, in many ways, doing better than humanity. No, they didn't just say "Yay, its gone, back to status quo!", they seem to have seriously looked at it. A heck of a nice change of pace, and the possibilities of GZ/Earth cooperation was nicely touched on.

That said, I will admit some disapointments, though this might be my lorehound fill-in-the-gap worldbuilder in me talking. When the original Team Phantom came through the portal, one of the Patrol guards was basically going "Oh what the hell!" over seeing Sam 'alive' (for a given term of alive, as a ghost). Glossed over quickly, though, but it does open up a piece of fridge horror: if there's nothing stopping the dead from crossing over, or vice versa, then what happens when it becomes at large? Honestly, I always wondered if Danny might one day have to try and sever all access between the Ghost Zone and Earth because dead people try to see their loved ones again and the live want to go see dead famous people. Could you imagine being Washington or Churchill and having fans from centuries later trying to come and visit you when all you want is some peace in your afterlife? Yeah, not everyone can get a portal, but what stops humans from doing crazy things? If in the DP 'verse shallow 'popular girls' can turn into capable leaders and warriors in a short period of time, well...

I'll be honest, that's probably my fridge horror/how does it work if we put just a bit of realism into it side showing, and you honestly did an impressive job making TUE a far more enjoyable story. Honestly, I'd be happy to declare this story my own headcanon if I didn't have a few ideas of my own kicking around for what happened in Dan's reign, though I think your explanation is probably far superior to what I came up with.

So, in conclusion: A great story with few disapointments to speak of, and a pleasure to read. TVTropes' description of your work influencing a fandom's fanon is an achievement that your work deserves more than anything I can crank out at my best. I'll be certain to read the other parts of your work as time permits me to.
ShadowedFang chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
How many ways can one person express admiration for another's work?
AnonymousReader chapter 15 . 11/2/2011
...

Wow.

I read this story yesterday, but I was too speechless to say anything. This is one of the few stories through which I have read that leaves me with a weird feeling in my heart and causes me to think for the next day or so. The emotions - Valerie's regret, Danny's death, Evil Danny's rampages, their reunion... - are written beautifully. The length of the story is just enough to create the wonderful mood but not too long. Valerie's emotions are so real...

Your story brings me a different view of TUE. I used to feel embarrassed that Danny seemed such a wimp after his ghost half was ripped out of him - he just cowered in fear (I'm too harsh on him - who wouldn't be scared?). With the insights you have placed in this story, I feel like he was portrayed as much more of a hero. Valerie's role and heroism in this whole plot has also really deepened my feelings on the episode, as well as their characters.

Sorry if this review is confusing. Reading your story was just somehow really fulfilling and poignant, and I don't know how to explain it. Thank you for writing this.
kirara the great chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
coooooooooooooooool
kirara the great chapter 4 . 6/2/2011
oh man this is sweet
kirara the great chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
omg wow
TheMusicofMySoul chapter 18 . 8/30/2010
I finally finished it! This story was amazing! It a far cry from Dan's perspective in Anathema that's for sure. I have such conflicting feelings regarding these two now. After reading Anathema, I empathized with Dan due to the catastrophic loss he experienced; but then reading about the atrocites from Valerie's point of view made me realize how much of a monster he really was. I absolutely love this series of stories. Now on to Benediction for me :)

P.S.- I just had to say I really loved the Bon Jovi quotes at the beginning of a few of the chapters. The Bon Jovi fan girl in me squee-ed when I saw them. :)