Reviews for Comparison
Miss Dark chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
This is a good story and I can completely see Colonel Fitzwilliam in this role.
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Yeah, that fiance did not do a good job of reassuring Mary. He essentially said "You're right, all your sisters are better than you in these areas: a, b, c" and lists the areas where her sisters are better. If he loves Mary, then she should be the most beautiful in his eyes, and the other qualities not matter...

Good effort, but it left a lot to be desired.
Sachita chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
A wonderful little story filled with so many insights. Very profound. Though the story is short, it is really well-written and well-thought-out. Kudos to you. I've always felt sympathy for Mary.
Sachita chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
A good story with interesting insights. I liked it.
stonegnome1 chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
It is very late for a review but I ran across your story by accident. One small suggestion.

Kitty and Lydia are even prettier than me.”

instead

Even Kitty and Lydia are prettier than me.”
CaryFairy chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
This is really cute. If you ever find yourself in need of inspiration, I do believe you could turn this into an awesome Mary/Fitzwilliam fanfic.
Sew Big chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Hello from an unwanted reviewer: Your idea has some potential. But, as with anything, HOW the story is written makes it as appealing as the story itself. I'm sorry to say that the use of modern idiomatic expressions, such as 'prettier than me', detracts from the authenticity of the expression for which Jane Austen is known. Prettier than I is correct. Also, 'comparison to' is better, and keep your pronouns in the same context throughout a sentence: 'your own finer points' is better. It has more impact on the listener and the reader. Mary Bennet has the potential of being as complex a character as her sister Elizabeth. Colonel Fitzwilliam, Great Idea!
Angel Of Noctem chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
Beautiful! :)
myrmidryad chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Lovely. I love Mary - I identify with wallflowers, and I think that she most deserves a happy ending. Beautiful.
SG1SamFan chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
If I didn't loathe Mary as much as it is possible to loathe a silly person, I might have liked this-but Colonel Fitzwilliam has too much sense to like her. Only Mr. Collins would think her intelligent. :-D
Lady Knight Keladry chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
cute.
Qwara chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
This is so strange! And short! Anyway, let me get over that for a second. Okay. Over it. It's hard to judge whether this is good or bad since it can't be above fifteen sentences. I suppose it's cute, but there-isn't a plot?
Brooky. is. STONED chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
HOLY SHISGNSKNGSKG. i thought you were kidding! p&p fanfiction, 700 ...how is that possible?

ps, mary sucks, you should see her in the bbc p&p. oi vey.

-B