Reviews for Notes on the Domestication of Birds
LexieBird chapter 4 . 1/27/2011
Oh, that hurt. That last line gave me a little pang. Possibly the best TenRose babyfic I've ever read - no, easily the best, hands-down, TenRose babyfic I've ever read. I didn't like it, I really didn't, because the Doctor just wasn't the Doctor but it was too good for me to stop reading. Brilliant job.

I hated it. Oh, I hated it. But it was brilliant. That makes no sense, does it? It was one of the best fanfics I've read, and I will be favouriting it - but the Doctor - and Rose - I dunno.

Amazing, though. Really good.

But now I think I need to read some fluffy-plotless-lighthearted fics to balance it out.

Wow.
msmorciere chapter 4 . 8/7/2009
I love this story.
Something-French-Sounding chapter 4 . 10/10/2006
I hope you decide to eventually continue this.
Something-French-Sounding chapter 3 . 10/10/2006
I'm adding this to favorites. You Rox-ith!
kalima chapter 4 . 6/22/2006
Oh my goodness. You made me read babyfic and like it. With your usual brilliant turn of phrase and perfect characterization and a great, great story, and stuff from out of the books! Thanks nos.

(PS. I think I should know who you are in RL but I don't seem to remember. Do you know Mags?

Kalima
Starzangel chapter 4 . 5/23/2006
I loved this!

Top-notch dialogue, wonderful characterisation and interesting ideas.

It's something different, which probably shouldn't work but does. Great writing has made it plausable and highly enjoyable.

Some great comic moments too.

Winifred was believable and endearing, and the Doctor's parenting was realistic.

This story really is something special. Well done! and thank you for sharing it!
PencilGuardian chapter 4 . 5/22/2006
First off, I noticed you tried inserting the odd bit of html into your text, but it didn't work, so you may want to take it out so we're all not seeing things like: is. Also, there are a few places where there's a word (or two) missing from a sentence. I didn't find it hugely disrupting since I could mentally type them in, but again, it's something you should see to. There, good to have that nasty business out of the way. Now, onto the gushing praise...this is excellent. Your summary doesn't begin to cover the themes you address here. I really enjoyed your writing style-witty, concise and full of dry humor. In places, very reminiscent of Douglas Adams. I also like how you paced the narrative, not bothering to bog things down in infodumps about how the Doctor turned himself human, what happened to Mickey, etc. Excellent characterization of the Doctor! Practically every line he says is funny and quotable, with definite shades of Tom Baker/Fourth Doctor that work great. I also really like the topical political and cultural references peppered throughout. Makes it good and real. And let me just say, "Hatching Chicks" was by far my favorite chapter. The Doctor's interaction with Nigel was so funny I was laughing out loud! An army of death robots...how throw-away and perfect, especially the Doctor's solution of blowing it up. I also found it interesting how the first chapter is from Rose's perspective, but then it shifts to the Doctor for the rest of the fic. Was that deliberate or a consequence of the story 'writing itself'? And just out of curiousity, why the name 'Stephen'?
branwyn-cesario chapter 3 . 3/20/2006
I cannot believe how amazing this story is. Honestly. Your dialogue is something like genius. Taken on its own merits, it's probably the most entertaining thing I've ever read. And you structured a clever, interesting story around it as well. I am hugely impressed.
This.Second.Smile chapter 3 . 3/18/2006
Just wanted to say how good this is! I wanna know what he's gonna decide to do.. couldn't he really have a bit of both worlds?
eeveekitty85 chapter 2 . 3/15/2006
OK, have to admit, I wasn't sure about this. But it reallyseems to work. The laugh out loud jokes like babies looking like Winston Churchill are brilliant, and yet there's still this mournful air to the fic. Dunno if that was intentional or just happned that way. One quibble: would the Bridadier still be alive in 2006 and able to yknow, walk around and chat like that? Dunno how old he's supposed to be, but it just felt strange to me...
Trill chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Alien sperm!

I love how the conversations are both sureal and real, and yet still good. And Rose's mother's reactions are wonderful.
Ann-Onny Mous chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Really, that is unlikly - extreamly unlikly.

First of all, marriage? Hardly any Galifreyans had any kind of sexual drive, and I would bet the Doctor was, although probably one of them, not on the human-like end at all.

Also, how would he be tracked down by UNIT?