Reviews for Crimson Bond
bloodgirl8 chapter 23 . 9/7/2008
I really like this story! Gojyo is my favorite and so whenever he's paired with an OC, I just pretend the OC is me! lol It makes Gojyo/OC stories a lot of fun to read that way!

Anyway, usually when there are OC's and the main characters from Saiyuki (or any other anime) aren't shown for awhile, I usually stop reading because I get bored, but not with this fic! This fic was a page-turner from the very beginning. Good work and please update!

Check out my Saiyuki fic! It's my first Saiyuki fic, and the first fic I've written in a few years. I still need to update it. I plan on writing another Saiyuki fic based on a dream I had about a month ago. I meant to write it back then but I just haven't been able to yet. If you read my fic and have any questions feel free to PM me! Sorry for the long post! lol
Draegan88 chapter 23 . 8/19/2008
Just discovered this fic, and I have to say: I absolutely love it! Great writing and plot! The only thing that seems a bit out of character is Sanzo's behaviour towards Ty. It's very mean, even for him. But seeing as how the others of the group have mentioned this to him aswell, I know you're doing it on purpose, so I'll just see how that pans out.

Anyway, update soon and keep up the great work!

Oh, and those Gojyo/Ty interactions... very well written and very hot :D.
nimblnymph chapter 23 . 8/16/2008
HUZZAH UPDATE! So nice to see you've still got the juice going for this one, love. About damn time, too!

Over all, a good bridging-the-gap chapter. Or, at least it FEELS like it's a bridging-the-gap chapter. We'll have to see what the next chapter holds, won't we? *not so subtle hint* The last bit was hysterical. Poor Gojyo. Poor Gojyo's blue balls. That's a horribly cruel thing to do, ya know! Oh, and the market scene. I heart a haggling Hakkai.

Also, good job on watching Kougaiji's tone in this round. You kept him formal without sounding stiff, which is EXACTLY what he is. There were one or two spots where Dokugakuji was a little stiff sounding himself, but it wasn't anything major. And don't be afraid to use Dokugakuji's full name. It seemed like, especially with Kougaiji's part, that you were shying away from it a bit.

Now, for some concrit: I will say that this chapter feels a little incomplete, like you were rushing to git 'er dun. There were a lot of places where some more detail would have REALLY helped to flesh it out, especially in the Houtu Castle scenes. It read a bit like, "This happened. And the this happened. Oh, and the this." It's definitely not terrible... but compared to the other chapters where you HAVE used descriptive narrative to your advantage, this feels a little flat.

I'd also like to make one other observation: There is no way in HELL Yaone or Dokugakuji could have gotten into Gyoukumen Koushu's private chambers. No. Freakin'. Way. Well, short of the slut inviting them to bed with her, that is. It would make more sense for them to have searched the throne/resurrection room first before her private chambers. But I was cackling when Yaone went to the lab. *snorts* I so don't want Nii examining MY womanly bits. Actually... depending on the mood, that might be kinda hot.

Anyway, once again I'm glad to see an update on this. Keep it going, love, the end is within sight!
Richochet chapter 22 . 11/30/2007
Heya!

Woohoo! You updated! Wow, how long has it been? A couple months? Still, I'm glad you did and that I have patience! Whoa, feel da steamyness of da sexiness, lol! That was awesome! A fight and then some lovin'! Whoop! And Sanzo, he really has ta improve his grumpiness, but I like the way you do him. And the other two as well, though Hakkai creeps me out still.

Lady Koushu's still a biatch. Deserves to get sliced and diced into itty bitty pieces.

Loved it!

Update when you can!
Richochet chapter 21 . 8/27/2007
Ah! You posted at long last! Yay! Okay now I'm off the sugar high, what did I like about this chapter?... Everything! There were barely any typo mistakes and of course, we just KNEW it was going to end like this, ne? Gojyo finding them... just knew it. Mhm.

And Kougaiji seemed startled to hear her feelings for Gojyo. So mean, Kou! He's not that bad... though is slightly a rake... I hafta agree. And a perv. And an alchy. And a smoker. And a Gambler. And she loves this guy? Well as I've read in Ruro-Ken for a hundred people there will be a hundred types of love.

Agreed. Most definitely.

Oh, and AWW! Big Brother love! Hmm and talking of big brother love... I almost retched when the manga spoke of Dokugakuji's and his mothers' relationship. It was a kind of screwed up Oedipus complex or somethin'. Or however you spell it.

Anywho, missed ya loads, hope you're well, and keep up the sublime (not just good, see?) work! Ciao!

Youko579 chapter 21 . 8/23/2007
- Hopefully Gojyo gets to somewhat kick Kougaijii's ass for that little comment there. Great story so far, update again soon? . Gods, that should be on an e-card or something.
nimblnymph chapter 21 . 8/20/2007
AH! Marvelous! This chapter was easily the best one yet.

All the changes you made to the first section her fantastic! This is MUCH better than the rough you sent me. Not saying the rough was bad or anything... but this was perfect. It was downright Saiyuki, it was!

You already know I think you write a fantastic Gojyo, so no need to say anything further than that. BUT, the last bit you added on with Ty and Kou was so very sweet. I LOVED it!

If I were to make a polite concrit though... spacers between the sections would be it. The different POVs are running together here, creating one big block of text. A line or something to break it up would fix this.

Other than that... not a damn thing to comment on other than the love I have for this chapter.
nimblnymph chapter 20 . 7/4/2007
Ah... it's been a while since I've reviewed for CB. Sorry... but then again, you always know what my opinion is anyway.

As for this chapter: All the changes you made were very good. I LOVED the Hakkai-Gojyo moment at the end. Very sweet and very true to character for the two of them.

The big reveal finally came! WOOT! And now for Ty's reaction to it all... Kougaiji's not terribly bad to write. I think you did wonderfully well for him considering this is the first REAL section you've had for him. I think I mentioned before that perhaps some of his tone MIGHT sound weird to you because of the formal phrasing when he speaks? But that's ONLY if we want to get nitpicky.

And now to another part of this review: I seriously don't think you're getting enough credit for this fic. Unfortunately, this is probably due to the fact that people see original character and automatically assign this as yet another of the Mary Sue tripe that's out there. It is EXTREMELY tough writing a Saiyuki het fic with an OC without making that OC a Sue. I can count on one hand the number of fics I've read that accomplish this tsk.

You're one of 'em. Ty is so NOT the cookie cutter Sue that for anyone to suggest she is would be ridiculous. Ty is a successfully made Original Character who doesn't force any of the boys to change to accomodate HER. She's fit into the story perfectly, no one is ooc around her. If anyone doesn't believe me that this fic should be used as an example of how to make an OC verses a Mary Sue... read it. You'll be convinced of the fact when you actually read the story.
Richochet chapter 20 . 7/2/2007
I think you wrote Kougaiji awesomely well! :) And I really liked this chapter too. And Gojyo finally figures he has stronger than normal feelings for a chick? Took him long enough! He's practically a lost puppy without her eg. worrying about his 'owner' lol. (Snickers) I'd love to see Gojyo with puppy ears and tail and paws, but I keep imagining a fox instead.

I like the way you portray the characters immensely and how you got Sanzo to still be a prick and make me irritated at him even if he wasn't in the damn chapter. I love to loathe Sanzo portrayal in your fic. XD!

Yay Kougaiji! Can't wait for more! AandI can't wait for the coversation between Gojyo and Ty.;)

Once again, thanks to Nimble for posting this up. :) Cheers for that!

Richochet chapter 19 . 5/28/2007
YAY! New chappie! I really liked this and Ty chewing that dude out in thebar made my day.

Kougaiji's back! Woot! I remember going into someone's personal file thingy and finding that one of their least fav character was Kougaiji. I was like what the hell? He wants his mother back, how can you not like him for his loyalty? Ah well. Each to their own I guess.

Oh and thanks for putting the chapter up, nimblenymph. :)

I've been thinking about Saiyuki for a bit and wondered; Why the hell does it take so long to get to India? It shouldn't take more than a few weeks, even with those random demon attacks, y'know? It takes months in the manga.

All for the sake of plot, I s'ppose.

Hope to see another update soon!

nimblnymph chapter 19 . 5/24/2007
O... the plot is tightening down a bit. I like the little edits you've made, it makes the flow much easier. And poor Ty... all this emotional garbage thrown on her! I feel a little bad that Gojyo caught the brunt of her irritations, but at the same time I can kinda understand. She just wants to be alone, and he's a bit clingy, isn't he?

Then Kougaiji... dude! What the hell is his princely ass doing there? Great work as always, m'dear. Very excited, always, for the next chapter!
nimblnymph chapter 18 . 3/30/2007
WOT! The kappa finally gets some action! Haut... sexy... blindfold, yum!

This chapter was a HUGE one for Ty's character developement. It really added a completely new layer to her personality, which was perfect. Also... Gojyo's comments about sunrises. VERY in character for him. Flawless.
Richochet chapter 18 . 3/28/2007
Real good chappie! I liked the ending where she finally realises she loves the guy and is pretty much thinking, 'Well, fuck. I do.' I know I would be thinking that at least - and everyone is in character, so that rules.

Loved it. Hope to see another great chappie soon and see what happens with Kougaiji (one of my fav guys).

Richochet chapter 17 . 2/21/2007
Nice. Please update soon! Lovin' it so far. And what will these two be up to next, I might enquire to? Heh heh, ignore me.

You definitely deserve more reviewing credit - but people aren't that willing to read OC stories, which is a pity.

Anywho, hope you can update soon.

nimblnymph chapter 17 . 1/15/2007
I swear to God, you take forever in updating I'm gonna buy a special ticket to come out and kick your sorry ass!

This chapter was my favorite by far. It was wonderfully descriptive and it was EXACTLY what you needed in regards to developing Ty's character. We knew her from the other chapters, but this really brought a lot more to her personality and character. Wonderful stuff.

Now, I've complimented you. I've told you you're brilliant at writing Gojyo. So update, damn you!