Reviews for On the Strength of a Promise
SeGate chapter 13 . 7/24/2013
I know this story is several years old now, but I just found it and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I hope wherever you are, you're still spinning yarns about the Riders.

Now I'm off to read the sequel :)
Kenshin13 chapter 13 . 10/30/2011
That was a very touching story, it brought tears to my eyes at several parts. I think you really did the characters justice in this and you didn't draw it out longer than it needed to be. Fantastic!
messersmontana chapter 13 . 4/29/2011
This was a very touching story, and was wonderfully done. I actually cried at the end when Kid finally came home to Lou. I love Lou & Kid and I always hoped that he kept her promise not to ride off without her, meaning he decided to stay in either Rock Creek or Sweetwater away from the war. I plan on reading more of your stories too. I love this show and can't get enough of it.
brankel1 chapter 13 . 4/11/2011
I love happy endings.
tripwatcher2 chapter 13 . 9/22/2009
Wow - how did I miss this wonderful story until now? Amazing! And very realistic in view of the time that their story was set in! It puts me in mind of the movie Cold Mountain and is very, very good! Thank you so much for posting this!
irishgirl9 chapter 13 . 7/16/2007
That was a beautiful story!
sssms chapter 13 . 1/11/2007
Ok, I'm in tears. I usually read Third Watch fiction, but I was a fan of the Young Riders at one time and just decided to see what was posted. You did a great job. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.
SHA-SHA221 chapter 13 . 4/3/2006
wow did i love this story. i myself have gotten back into the young riders after buying the dvd's. i didn't realise how much i had missed the show. i always loved kid and lou. this story had me laughing and in tears. i loved the ending. i would love to read the sequel you mentioned. i would love to read any YR stories you have. i have to say again how much i adored your story.

Shauna :)
TheGoldenPeanut chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
Bravo!

I remember reading this so long ago on the Shrine, and was pleased to have a chance to revisit it. Well done, and I look forward to the sequel you mentioned you have swirling around.