Reviews for Privateer
jacktheratrix chapter 5 . 3/19/2014
great work (:
staticblast1 chapter 5 . 6/28/2013
When link came in after the knil attack, i thought it was knil disguised as link. i based this on the apparent loss of injury as well as the explanation of what happened.
ONTO REVIEW LIKE THINGIES.
The story was short but sweet. i felt like it could have been longer but writer's preference. Zelda's uncle saying she had what i called a "healthy lebido" was a bit much in my opinion but it worked. overall good story with small errors. if i came off rude or a, for lack of a better word, smart ass, i apologize i tend to do that without realizing it.
kyouko chapter 5 . 12/30/2012
I'm reviewing this one next because it's one of my favorites. I remember reading it really far back before I had an account and I'm drawn to it again - it's that awesome.

Needless to say, I loved this. The idea of Link and Zellie on a ship set into British time is awesome, especially since I was a big fan of Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton.

As shameful as it is to admit, I, too, have a soft spot for Zeldark for the exact same reason you said - he's more interesting than good-boy Link. Knil Drake was one of my favorite characters. He's seductive, he's dark (that was not a pun on his name.. xD) he's twisted and he's fascinating. I loved how you developed him and how Zelda was drawn to him. I loved him - and I knew he deserved to die, even though I didn't want him to.

The romance developed between Zelda and Link was great. I love how cold they were towards each other in the beginning and then gradually warmed up to each other. Ah, poor Zellie - Marth, why?

It had the perfect amount of romance, suspense, and humour, especially near the last chapters where Malon was teasing Zelda. I love Malon - she's so spirited.

Zelda is also a really well developed character. She's rebellious without being too ridiculous and she's like a caged bird. In part, she reminds of Kit from The Witch of Blackbird Pond, which I had to read when I was much younger.

Amazingly written - everything about it was so perfect. I nearly felt like I was reading a novel. Again, you're a fantastic author. Thank you for writing something so great! This is something I'll definitely reread again even though I already have. Here it goes, to the favorite list...

Keep being awesome!
invasianofasians chapter 5 . 10/16/2012
Gah.
I have now made it my mission to review each and every one of your Link x Zelda stories.
phunky chapter 4 . 8/28/2011
I felt so nervous, while reading this chapter... but when I reached the last lines! YAAAAY!
madisnk chapter 4 . 4/7/2010
i lik this :) there. now ure a happy person :D
Jigglywigglypuff chapter 5 . 6/17/2009
i've read this before, a couple of years ago. reread it again, and i still love it ) u r a tremendous writer! great job )
Crystal187 chapter 5 . 2/2/2009
This is far more than worthy of a review, and I think it deserves far more than 100! This was a truly delightful read; you are definitely among the most skilled writers of the Zelda fandom. You utilize fantastic diction throughout, and the characters are depicted interestingly and in depth. I love the idea of Link as a privateer. Anyway, I'm dead tired, but thank you for the great story!
Irelandgal131 chapter 5 . 12/10/2008
wow this was indeed an amazing story. Your writing skills are remarkable and I love reading all your stories! I'm glad that you're pursuing a career as a writer! If by chance you write any books, be sure to let us know! :)
Aleph Conquest chapter 5 . 11/15/2008
wow... i almost thought I was reading Jane Austen.
FabulaEstActa chapter 5 . 3/22/2008
I sit here, staring at the review box, trying to come up with an appropriate response to the feast of words I was just served. This was... exquisite. I'm not even sure what to comment on. The depictions, the dialogue, the characterizations... Your command of language is masterful. Truly a work of art. I wish I could be more detailed in my praise, but I don't have the skill. This was an overwhelming piece of fiction, in every good sense of the word. Bravo.
Zeldagirl91 chapter 5 . 3/14/2008
And that, without a doubt, was a positively wonderful read. I'd been wanting to read some Zelda fanfiction of late, but couldn't find any good ones. I then remembered you, looked up your profile, found this, and thanked God that I did. Ahh... it really does give one a pleasant aftertaste after having read such a well-designed and beautifully written story.

In every possible way, phenomenal job!
The Eloquent Keyboard chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Oh. My. Gawd. I love this story already. Even if it were written entirely in chatspeak and without punctuation, I'd love it. Pirates and naval stuff in general LoZ
Itallia chapter 5 . 2/4/2007
I thought the way that Link and Zelda got together was rather sudden, but I really liked Knil Drake's last reactions to his impending death sentence. It seemed so real for him to kind of revert to his old self in those times, or at least start to realize things. A good story, overall.
SilverFlameoftheWindScar chapter 5 . 1/30/2007
I hadn't taken to reading this story at first but... -swoons- How romantic.

You know something? You're right. Toying with Link's head is fun. XD You make a damn good story just doing that!

Here's to hoping for another Zelink in the future!

XD