Reviews for Privateer
bexlew.17 chapter 2 . 1/16
This really reminds me of another story I've read; Pirates! by Celia Rees. But, I love the story nonetheless.
Great chapter 5 . 12/17/2015
Lovely story perfect length for a well developed plot
jacktheratrix chapter 5 . 3/19/2014
great work (:
staticblast1 chapter 5 . 6/28/2013
When link came in after the knil attack, i thought it was knil disguised as link. i based this on the apparent loss of injury as well as the explanation of what happened.
ONTO REVIEW LIKE THINGIES.
The story was short but sweet. i felt like it could have been longer but writer's preference. Zelda's uncle saying she had what i called a "healthy lebido" was a bit much in my opinion but it worked. overall good story with small errors. if i came off rude or a, for lack of a better word, smart ass, i apologize i tend to do that without realizing it.
kyouko chapter 5 . 12/30/2012
I'm reviewing this one next because it's one of my favorites. I remember reading it really far back before I had an account and I'm drawn to it again - it's that awesome.

Needless to say, I loved this. The idea of Link and Zellie on a ship set into British time is awesome, especially since I was a big fan of Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton.

As shameful as it is to admit, I, too, have a soft spot for Zeldark for the exact same reason you said - he's more interesting than good-boy Link. Knil Drake was one of my favorite characters. He's seductive, he's dark (that was not a pun on his name.. xD) he's twisted and he's fascinating. I loved how you developed him and how Zelda was drawn to him. I loved him - and I knew he deserved to die, even though I didn't want him to.

The romance developed between Zelda and Link was great. I love how cold they were towards each other in the beginning and then gradually warmed up to each other. Ah, poor Zellie - Marth, why?

It had the perfect amount of romance, suspense, and humour, especially near the last chapters where Malon was teasing Zelda. I love Malon - she's so spirited.

Zelda is also a really well developed character. She's rebellious without being too ridiculous and she's like a caged bird. In part, she reminds of Kit from The Witch of Blackbird Pond, which I had to read when I was much younger.

Amazingly written - everything about it was so perfect. I nearly felt like I was reading a novel. Again, you're a fantastic author. Thank you for writing something so great! This is something I'll definitely reread again even though I already have. Here it goes, to the favorite list...

Keep being awesome!
Shengrila chapter 5 . 10/16/2012
Gah.
I have now made it my mission to review each and every one of your Link x Zelda stories.
phunky chapter 4 . 8/28/2011
I felt so nervous, while reading this chapter... but when I reached the last lines! YAAAAY!
madisnk chapter 4 . 4/7/2010
i lik this :) there. now ure a happy person :D
Jigglywigglypuff chapter 5 . 6/17/2009
i've read this before, a couple of years ago. reread it again, and i still love it ) u r a tremendous writer! great job )
Crystal187 chapter 5 . 2/2/2009
This is far more than worthy of a review, and I think it deserves far more than 100! This was a truly delightful read; you are definitely among the most skilled writers of the Zelda fandom. You utilize fantastic diction throughout, and the characters are depicted interestingly and in depth. I love the idea of Link as a privateer. Anyway, I'm dead tired, but thank you for the great story!
Irelandgal131 chapter 5 . 12/10/2008
wow this was indeed an amazing story. Your writing skills are remarkable and I love reading all your stories! I'm glad that you're pursuing a career as a writer! If by chance you write any books, be sure to let us know! :)
Aleph Conquest chapter 5 . 11/15/2008
wow... i almost thought I was reading Jane Austen.
FabulaEstActa chapter 5 . 3/22/2008
I sit here, staring at the review box, trying to come up with an appropriate response to the feast of words I was just served. This was... exquisite. I'm not even sure what to comment on. The depictions, the dialogue, the characterizations... Your command of language is masterful. Truly a work of art. I wish I could be more detailed in my praise, but I don't have the skill. This was an overwhelming piece of fiction, in every good sense of the word. Bravo.
Zeldagirl91 chapter 5 . 3/14/2008
And that, without a doubt, was a positively wonderful read. I'd been wanting to read some Zelda fanfiction of late, but couldn't find any good ones. I then remembered you, looked up your profile, found this, and thanked God that I did. Ahh... it really does give one a pleasant aftertaste after having read such a well-designed and beautifully written story.

In every possible way, phenomenal job!
The Eloquent Keyboard chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Oh. My. Gawd. I love this story already. Even if it were written entirely in chatspeak and without punctuation, I'd love it. Pirates and naval stuff in general LoZ