Reviews for Absolution: A Different Point of View
Borys
Nandadevi chapter 3 . 10/29/2013
Sequel?
called by the wind chapter 3 . 1/3/2013
PLZ keep writing! U got me really interested!
R3-1 M4y3r chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
Beautiful. This is one of the best bloody love stories I've read here. I love that you had the courage to separate them. I honestly think this is the first one I've read were the writer did that. Thank you so much for both of these stories!
Miss Lucy chapter 3 . 3/27/2012
First off, I would love it if you did a sequel.

Secondly, I was among those who were brought to tears by the Absolution story.
ZeesMuse chapter 3 . 12/29/2011
You know... I found the original Absolution years ago at another site and thought to myself... damn. I'm crying over an Uruk hai. How STUPID is that.

But I did. I cried for a monster. I cried for a woman who found something wonderful and unique and was forced to give them up because he was different.

And then Zoop says - you HAVE read the kinda-sorta-sequel... from HIS pov... and I then thought to myself... well... DAMN!

So now I cry again.

And now I have to do the unthinkable. See, Fics I LIKE, I put in one document and convert them for my Kindle. I know... weird. And Absolution went into my Kindle some time ago. And now... I either need to redo it and add this or create a second document and get it to where they sit together. Choices... choices. Well done.

one SMALL thing - and I don't expect you to fix it or redo it and I'm not even griping because I see it over and over... I don't think anyone in Middle Earth knows what 'hell' it. But it is a lovely, convenient curse word.
Dasz chapter 3 . 4/3/2011
Just read "Absolution" and had to check out this story, as well. What great reads! I was skeptical about how realistic an orc/human love story would be, but I've always found orcs to be fascinating characters (and, being something of a moral relativist, I've always had issues with them simply being evil). You pulled off smooth interactions between the characters, however, and crafted a really beautiful storyline, while keeping it believable. Thanks so much! (And, if you ever get the chance, I would definitely look forward to a sequel!) :)
cimmer chapter 3 . 5/26/2007
Ack! I'm a hopeless romantic and although I can't figure out how they could be together surely there's a way? How about the lands near the Shire or Tom Bombadil's old forest or the old north kingdom? They can't be the only misfits in the wide world of Middle Earth? There must be other mismatched souls? Thanks for the vignettes.
penkitten chapter 3 . 5/9/2007
Bring on the sequel!
kiku65 chapter 3 . 3/17/2007
Uh, got lost while on my way to reading Mandalores son (update it! Its been months!) However,

Damn good orc story, more needed.
anon chapter 3 . 11/29/2006
Right now i seriously want to go and strangle whoever it was that made them separate... Why did you have to do that to them!

And on the sequel... um... why? I WOULD LIKE A SEQUEL!

The story was awesome, even though it wasn't something you'd normally see here. i happen to enjoy the whole, weird good girl/bad guy thing... Like in you other story, Only Eyes to See.

I will stop now before i go into a ten-page rant/whine for a sequel.
Arden Skysender chapter 3 . 6/24/2006
Okay. i just read this, and the story that goes with it, and oh my god. that is so completely evil. i kow there isn't...really...a place for them, but...damn! did you have to do it to them? maybe he comes to her every winter or something? never mind my whining. they were both fantastic, and your latest story about the ringwraith is great too. i particularly like the cover art. keep up the great work.
Orphelia-Rose chapter 3 . 5/21/2006
Um..sequel? YES PLEASE!

This is so different from anything LOTR that I have read..and that it why I LOVE IT!

Please keep on writing...I can't wait for more!

~ }-,-
Artemis1000 chapter 3 . 5/17/2006
No, I certainly won't stop you from plotting a sequel! When I saw that A Different Point of View is complete already, I was saddened and it made me very happy to read that author's note at the top of chapter 3. I hope you'll soon find the time and inspiration for the sequel. I'm itching to find out what becomes of the two. It doesn't looks good for them right now, as with her heading south and him heading north... But I'm hopeful that you'll find a way *puppy dog eyes*

I really like this story, by the way. It's rather endearing how Ulfakh starts out uncaring both for his fellow orcs and the humans they terrorised, but through watching Lynneth he learns to understand them in a way. I enjoyed it very much to read that scene where he found Timon's clothes and finally realised why the Rohirrim fought against the Orcs rather than to just give in and accept their fate.

Ulfakh watering the roses cracked me up. It was so funny, imagining the huge Uruk-Hai taking care of roses.
Antilia chapter 3 . 5/8/2006
Aww, shucks! A shout-out!

"4-22-06. An epilogue showing how Lynneth deals with living among the many humans of a busy city after nearly a year of isolation bedding a monster. . ."

5-8-06 "She could have had anyone. But she chose a monster."

"Even if she had somehow survived our relationship being exposed, no doubt someone would have decided I had to have forced her, that there was no way a woman like her could actually choose a monster like me."

That is the question, isn't it?