Reviews for Janus
Hopeful-z chapter 7 . 6/21
A nice proposition
sorrowsown chapter 7 . 1/25/2014
the first part of this made me so immensely sad. I have the habit of echoing the strong emotions I'm reading, so it gets pretty painful at times. So very well done, it's scary how an unrepentant Snape can be. great job portraying that.
PhiGirl chapter 7 . 7/22/2013
I really don't like the pairing - while I like many HGSS stories out there, for me it's always a despite, not a because of.
Book of Shadows is among them, and this piece as well.

Love the way you contrast the two versions. Dark Lord Severus is not a nice thought, though. Far too sane and intelligent. Good thing for them that sacrifice does have a special kind of power in the books.

This was definitely worth the read, even if you made me picture Snape in chartreuse. That was evil of you.
Montara chapter 7 . 2/9/2012
Well, this story was so...tragic :( What an AU! But she won killing them both :(((
Rivering chapter 7 . 4/29/2011
I enjoyed immensely the dualties of character and of the parallel stories. I think Janus is an excellent title for your story because it has a Janus-quality on several levels. In addition to the two versions of Snape, each Snape also has more than one face, and then there are the alternate versions of other characters, and the inversion of events between the story-arcs. It's like the same things happen, but they happen completely differently. This piece was deliberately constructed (and I think it's important that you point out that each segment is exactly 500 words - the faces balance, equal and opposite), but every part felt just right and had its own momentum. I love it when a story makes up its own form and the structure expresses something of the story, and rings true - it's like when a sonnet is good - which words rhyme is completely arbitrary, but even so, the right words are gathered, and it resonates.
Miravisu chapter 7 . 8/15/2010
Ooh, chilling. Love the title and theme of this story.
Lady Laurelin Ancalimon chapter 7 . 9/27/2009

Thanks for commenting on my LiveJournal review - it reminded me that I wanted to read this again.

It's still just as intelligent and moving as it was years ago when I first discovered it.

I've love to read any more you feel up to writing when you get back into the writing groove!

Linnorria chapter 7 . 12/31/2007
oh wow. That second part was quite AU, but this whole fic was so beautifully done. I love it.
alitheia7 chapter 7 . 11/5/2006
This is so good! Thank you!

I think I need to go back and read it once more.

It was my impression as I was reading the story

that both story arcs would reach the same conclusion.

Nothing prepared me for this ending, though. Beautiful!
lipasnape chapter 7 . 11/5/2006
So, no matter which Universe it is, Hermione is right, Harry does not believe her, Voldemort dies, Harry lives, and she ends up dead or miserable. Life is a bitch, and then you die.

Strange story, well worth reading.
Forfending Fate chapter 7 . 7/27/2006
I greatly enjoyed this fic. I loved the duality between the two Snapes. It seemed ironic how well the two universes were juxtaposed with "Bad Snape" actually been good and vice versa.

It also made me think of what would have happened to the Order without Snape's cooperation. Your hints really came through.

Good job.
Puppet-Cat chapter 7 . 5/9/2006
wow buenisima!me encanto la historia en estas dos dimensiones distintas

Y creo k es el correcto final...el debe morir 0_o
kitkatkagome chapter 7 . 3/30/2006
Thanks for the explanation! I really like the story and it makes a lot more sense now. Keep writing. I like your work.
kitkatkagome chapter 2 . 3/29/2006
Um, I like the first part of these chapters, but the second half just plain confuses me. Where exactly does that part take place? Sorry, but it just lost me, especially the first chapter. However, I do like the story.
Parsley the Lion chapter 7 . 3/22/2006
This is strange and interesting. Very original idea. It is a little on the short side though.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »