Reviews for Mistaken Compassion
this;

sesshomaruandrinfaq . blogspot . com

sesshomaruandkagurafaq . blogspot . com
kitten chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Damn... well at least ther was blood in it. XD
Kima chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Truthfully, I do believe you are wrong about demons and humans being together. Seeing as one Sesshoumaru's Father was able to mate with a human aka Inuyasha's mother. Amazingly Inuyasha came out well. Also I believe Sesshoumaru does not believe in mating with humans, because it would make him weak, or be like his father, who died to protect a human. That Human being the mother of his half-brother. Who he hates, because of the fact that his father died protecting a life, that he feels was worthless. He considers Inuyasha weak because he is half-human, but in truth Inuyasha was stronger than him multiple times in Sesshoumaru has realized that Inuyasha is in fact a more admirable opponent. Anyway I like the potrayal of Sesshoumaru, and yes he is not nice. I do believe there was something between him, and Kagura to put this out there, Sesshoumaru surely feels that rin is more of a daughter to him, than anything else. Seeing as he took care of her,and saved her from danger multiple times. It could be also because he feels he owes it to her, seeing as she was attacked, and killed while trying to help him when he was injured. So all these pointless love fics are stupid. Sesshoumaru absolutely does not want to end up like his father. So he will never ever mate a human. Especially not with a young girl he met at the age of 11 or 12. Rin will more than likely marry Kohaku, and that will be end. All because he spends so much time around where Kaede is.
Sersee Grayson chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I have been a fan of yours for a while, and rediscovered Inuyasha and Fanfiction. In fact, it was because of Rin and Sesshomaru that Ive gotten back to fanfiction.

I have loved their bond, and believe it is something special (with massive luv and fluff), so with that in mind, I'd like to say that your story was so haunting that I couldn't get it out of my mind. That little piece at the end made me think really hard for several days (I kid you not) about Sesshomaru's true character, as any well written and well thought story should.

I can't say I enjoyed your story, I can't say I disliked it either. All I can say is that it disturbed me, and made me think and I applaud you for it. Not many authors in fanfiction could. In fact, no one has shaken my couple podium of Rin/Sesshomaru as hard as you have.

Great work as always,

Sers.
Hattaru chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
I really do like this story, I read this story a long time ago, and I am reading it again, and yes you are right about a Yaoki's and humans can't together, if they are full and human, I guess you can say that Inu and Kagome are kind of an exception but not really.

Inuyasha's character is torn between 2 woman that he can not let good, a real stupid thing to do, Kagome beging a human cares for him and loves him but his love is not there with hers, even in the manga, you see Inuyasha kiss kikyo because he truly does love her , but you never see him kiss Kags, why I am not really sure, and I don't know why Kags would stay with him after that, to me she is a younger version of kikyo and I don't but Yes i do like your realisic.

I too don't understand why people make Sesshomaru out to be a love human kind of guy, in all his character he is not!, his instics are pure Animal.

Hugs

Hattaru.
nautigaas chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
This is absolutely amazingly realistic...and so beautifully written. A wonderful piece that I'm glad was recommended to me. Well done!
Hajnalmadar chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Uhh... this was a bizarre story. I wish I wouldn't have read it. This is a tragedy for heaven's sake, please change the genre.
secondaryonly chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
How sad...

but I like how you portray him.

It fits.
seshomaru94 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
I love this story. but I don't like the way that you say that demons and humans can't be together is true that in the anime every demon that sleep with a human died but it does not mean that demons and humans can't be together in fact i think they should be together. but stil this is an awesome story.
bloomsburry chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
so sad...
cero chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
What a great story and amazing portrayal of Sesshoumaru. Finally someone who is realistic and knows this pairing is not romantic at all. Now after the series is over there are so many fics with Sesshoumaru waiting for Rin until she is old enough to mate and thats based on the context that he is visiting her and bringing kimonos for her. If he does not provide for her in a way who else? Old Kaede or any of the other poor people who have already enough mouths to feed in the village? That so many fangirls just have to turn every kind of care/love into a romantic one is really annoying.

Even the sentence of that Rin will have to make a choice is twisted into will she mate with Sesshoumaru or not. *Sigh* As if Rin did not make all the choices for her life herself. Sesshoumaru always said to her "do as you like". She even had to find her own food. How romantic is that? All he did for her is provide for clothing and protect her from any harm. He cares for her but not like he would for a lover. As if Sesshoumaru would want to have hanyou children or cant control his libido because Rin is so arouseing *rolls with the eyes*. Thanks for writing this.
Spinel Dragoon chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
ur a douche bag :(
LuxKen27 chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Through a long link train of favorites of favorites of favorites did I unearth this story. Just wanted to say that I very much enjoyed the characterization of Sesshoumaru, and find this a completely believable scenario. I've never been completely comfortable with the idea of Sess/Rin as a romantic pair, mostly for the reasons you've outlined in this piece. I think the end of the manga has given too many people hope that this pairing was meant to be canonical...so this was a refreshing change from the (current) slosh of post-canon fics.

Also, I REALLY liked the way you portrayed SessMom. I feel the same way about her - that she's sly and cunning and so much more than she seems on the surface. I had a bit of fun playing with her in my own post-canon fic, but she is tricky to balance.

Thanks for the entertaining read!
Lady Barbossa329 chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Sad story, but very well written. Good job!
LC Rose chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
I really enjoyed this piece. I have to admit the ending caught me off guard, but I understood where you were going. I, too, do not believe there will ever be a Sesshomaru/Rin happily-ever-after. It would sell the characters short.