Reviews for When Our Minds Betray Us
Arilaen chapter 31 . 6/1/2010
Amazing! I stayed up until 5 AM to finish this!
Frannie-pants chapter 31 . 4/23/2010
Fantastic. I loved it. Definitely going into my favorites(:
Caligo Origuu chapter 31 . 4/4/2010
Phew, I 'm so glad it ended happily! It's pretty awful that Dean took Sam's memories like that, but you made it understandable. He was desperate and that's the sort of thing he does: risk everything for his brother, even if it means losing him.
Caligo Origuu chapter 16 . 4/4/2010
I love how excited Sam is to go hunting with "John". Part of me wishes that Dean would tell Sam the truth, because all this is tearing him up, but I guess he's still pretty certain that Sam will want to go back to his "normal" life soon enough. Can't imagine Dean's looking forward to having to watch Sam walk away again, but I'm glad he let him come with anyways. Poor guy thinks he's being selfish. Doesn't he know they belong together? *grin*
Caligo Origuu chapter 14 . 4/4/2010
It took a little while to get to the part where Sam and Dean actually meet, but I am loving this story! Awesome premise! It's great to see Sam's new view on the life he didn't think he wanted. I'm curious about how he lost his memories and what it's going to take for Dean to tell him the truth. Poor Dean, hunting alone again, his brother out of his reach... So glad Sam asked to come along on the hunt!
Gohanzgirl chapter 31 . 11/22/2009
This was absolutely amazing! I read the whole thing in one sitting! Wonderful, Wonderful writing!
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 31 . 9/5/2009
Wow, this was awesome, and I never really realised how much a sucker I am for happy endings, not that this was the happiest ending, but still :)

I love the plotline, and I really liked the reveal that it was Dean who purposefully took away Sam's memories, and the reasons why and I liked Dean watching out for Sam .

Plus, amazingly for me, I didn't get confused when Sam thought Dean was called John.

There were a couple of places were it dragged slightly, particularly the shapeshifter chapter, but I did like Dean's plan to catch the shape shifter out.

Great job :)
maipigen chapter 31 . 8/19/2009
This story was wonderful. i 'm sorry if those words are inadequite, but I really likedi t. It had me in tears a few times and then you'd throw in some original Winchester brother banter and I smiled through that too.

I hope to read a lot more of your stuff in the future - I really think you have a talent;)

Happy future writing

ditte mai

battle scars chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
i read this awhile ago and then i couldn't remember the name or which site (i feel like i didnt read it on ) but i finally found it through this long and tedious google search just by using key words and i'm so excited. this story kicks major ass. i'm really looking forward to rereading it again.
Lerra chapter 31 . 6/26/2009
Great story! I am very glad I found it!
spnMom chapter 31 . 3/3/2009
OK, sorry I haven't reviewed this story before now, but it is 6am and I started this story way too late. I have now stayed up all night to finish it... I absolutely loved it! There were a couple of chapters where I actually popped up out of my seat and giggled... I should have commented on those chapters, but I didn't want to slow down. I love finding a long fic that is already complete and totally fabulous! This is positively getting a favorite from me and I will probably be reading it again about every month or every other month. Hopefully now that I have made it through once I can slow down and comment on some chapters. Loved it! Thanks!
SciFiNutTX chapter 31 . 2/13/2009
Pretty much read this straight through. Nice work! Really enjoyed it!
Chiiyo86 chapter 31 . 12/27/2008
So, I've read this fic like a year ago, but at the time I didn't trust my English enough to comment. Now I've read it again, and I stop here for a moment to tell you how much I've loved it both time.

It feels like several fics in one (that's a good thing!), and I've enjoyed each part immensely. What I found interesting in amnesia!fic is the new look it give to the person who lost his memories, and you played that part perfectly.

I like the feeling of weirdness in Sam's life at Stanford, the versions of what happened in St Louis that keep changing, the apparitions of the "mysterious stranger". The first time I've read the story I was striken by this moment when Sam realizes that he doesn't remember his past, and he's especially freaked out by the fact he didn't notice before. It was both kind of frightening and believable, because one does not spend their time thinking about their past.

Sam meeting with "John", and discovering the world of the supernatural was so moving and fascinating. Even though everything is from Sam's POV, I kept thinking about how Dean had to feel, having his brother so close to him and yet so far, and I may have had tears in my eyes a few times.

You made what Dean have done awful and and understandable at the same time. For Sam, who hates being controlled and lied to, it was the worst form of betrayal. But the memories show why Dean could think that it was the only way out of an unbearable situation. I like when he says at the end that he was afraid Sam would leave him, but also that he wouldn't leave him, because that was most probably what would've happen. In the end, I was not surprised that Sam forgives him, because their bond goes beyond that.

I'm probably forgetting some things I wanted to say, but I'll stop here anyway. Thank you for the fic, I've loved reading it (twice)!
AnickaMarie chapter 8 . 12/2/2008
Poor Sammy... am eager to keep reading to see where you take this and can't wait for a confrontation between Sam & Dean.

Also, had to burst out laughing at this line 'My name is Samuel Winchester. You killed my brother. Prepare to die.' You must be a Princess Bride Fan :) Love that movie.
pariah wilson chapter 16 . 12/1/2008
I really like how you're building this story. I don't know what happened to Sam, why he doesn't remember, or how Dean managed to dump him back at Stanford, but the changes he went through in that first season are still there under the surface, and you display that very well. It's not in your face, and Dean's reaction to Sam's offer was perfect- I just ached for them both, but Dean has been hurting so much, and wants so much.

Excellent understated anguish there- easy to see why Sam doesn't get it yet, even as he gets back into hunting, and Dean seems to know him so much better than he should..

on to chap 16 now!