Reviews for Volée
Nade-Naberrie chapter 24 . 1/29

First of all, I realize it's been a little over two years since you finished this. We who have been at this fanfic business for years and years dip in and out at random, sometimes with long breaks, so you may not read this for a long time, if at all... but better late than never, right?

I was doing okay, like I was barely hanging on but OKAY (read: misty eyed but not full-blown crying) until your author's note, and then the floodgates burst. Because that's exactly it... "forgiveness, can you imagine?" And I know PRECISELY the moment you were talking about with Lin, and Erik and Christine's reunion held exactly that emotional punch, and it's so beautiful and perfect and I'm weeping. Total wreck over here. You ended it with as much beauty and grace and Danielle-ugly-crying as I could have ever dreamed of.

You are a master class, and this magnum opus is such an incredible display of your talent. It has been such an honor and a privilege to have spent all these years on this journey as your reader and admirer (God, we were just wee babies back in '06!) Whenever I get PMs with people asking me for recommendations, you're at the top of my list.

Real life happens, but I do hope you'll always come back home to Phantom and continue writing for us. You are a treasure in this fandom.
I've now reread this twice and i can't praise this enough. This is by far my favorite Erik I've read. You can clearly see his hurt and the character tension between him and Christine is so intense and so beautifully crafted. The plot is innovative and fun, keeps you enthralled and willing to read more. This is my absolute fav phan fic and thank you for sharing it with the world!
Antares chapter 24 . 1/16
The last few chapters destroyed me. Gosh. Christine’s emails were heartbreaking, and I couldn’t sleep, wanting to get to the last chapter. (I loved the nod to Hamilton - forgiveness is indeed powerful). During Final Lair, I was at the edge of my seat, the anticipation was agony. So well written. Raoul was endearingly sweet, and I like that his friendship with Christine still remained, after everything. This was such an enjoyable read, thanks for it!
Georgiemudfudge chapter 24 . 12/29/2017
I read the whole thing all at once, and I honest to god am crying right now i thought you were gonna kill him off permanently and I CANNOT write out how emotional this has made me, but about the same level as watching poto for the first time was and seeing the ending when I honest to god thought she chose him. Im crying and its taking every bit of good vision in my crappy eyes to type this properly because that ending was about to kill me, so thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this and continuing it even though it was started about a decade ago, I wish i could give a better constructive review of what I loved about it so much, but I cant right now, and all I wanna do is scream into this review about how emotional this made me and all those "hOw DaRe YoU WrItE SoMeThInG sO gOoD" reviews you see. thank you thank you thank you
Sheepshanks chapter 24 . 11/26/2017
This story was incredible. Those last emails...ugh my heart! I’m sooo glad you finished this story. Bravo! The only thing missing is an epilogue ;)
Shinju47 chapter 18 . 11/17/2017
I've already favourited this story,but I keep rereading it. It's my absolute favourite one. Especially chapter 18. I don't know why, but I love it.
The Dragon in a Mask chapter 24 . 11/11/2017
When it ended up being Nadir in the car and not Erik as I had hoped, I cried. And then when Erik ended up being alive ad I had guessed, I cried again. And now I'm going to cry some more and beg my friend to read this. This was friggen great!
Guest chapter 24 . 10/28/2017
My God... What a ride. This fanfic is magnificent, and quite honestly, I can't find the words to do it justice in one review. My feelings... My heart really couldn't take the Final Lair chapters (and omg I really thought that the ending would be unhappy after that! Things spiraled downward so quickly!) There were so many times i wanted to just scream at the characters because they were *so* heartbreakingly in-character and so many times my trash EC heart exploded. This has definitely become one of my favorite POTO fics and the effort you put into this beautiful writing is frankly, amazing.

Excuse me while I go cry some more at the ending
inkblottales chapter 9 . 10/12/2017
Loved the “it felt like strength to be stubborn”!

Yep, everything is so much easier with Raoul- duller, too.

Christine has surely sent mixed messages to both men but all this guilt... it’s exhausting.
For Pete’s sake, Raoul would declare her officially a wacko and have her committed!

Christine’s wishes for Erik to be less “in control” kind of contradict her complaints about his short tempered nature, yet in a way both traits are in character.

I’m glad that Erik at least made his wishes clear but Christine has a long way ahead of her- her eagerness to make him happy alone is a sign she’s still in the teacher-student relationship...
inkblottales chapter 7 . 10/10/2017
The last chapters so far were a rollercoaster between airports and I enjoyed the action.

It’s good to see Christine starting to decode Erik.

Raoul once again proves to be despicable: he’d say Christine is insane to save her? Great imagination, dude.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Eames chair detail. I had Erik for a Le Corbusier chaise longue kind of guy but the Eames is more comfortable since Christine is to take the bed. Hmm...

Okay, Christine has “trust issues” with Erik about her… credit card? After all this multi-continents adventure and the display of his expertise in both architecture AND security systems?
Well, the woman believed in angels so I shouldn’t be surprised…
HeartsBroken chapter 24 . 9/26/2017
i really wish they would make a Phantom of the Opera modern day movie that is exactly like this! i want to see that! this was such a good story, i literally couldn't stop reading it! i am so glad that you gave these two a happy ending... i was a bit worried after everyone telling her to give up hope. such an awesome story and I didn't expect all the action and traveling that would be involved in a modern day telling of Down Once More. very creative and beautifully written!
HeartsBroken chapter 5 . 9/24/2017
I totally thought they were going to join the mile high club! Damn you, flight attendant! Erik clearly heard her say they are newlyweds and fell over lol I love this story!
inkblottales chapter 3 . 8/24/2017
This is an interesting Christine. She feels guilty for the things he bought her even after the kidnapping? She’s sure feeling more for Erik than she admits to herself.
And she’s thinking too much about her clothing….
They had the ”wig” moment and then she felt sad to lose Aminta’s dress.
I can’t believe she already suffers from Stockholm syndrome. Her indecision is fueling Erik’s resolve.
inkblottales chapter 2 . 8/19/2017
Bulletproof tinted windows? Way to go Erik!
Christine is drugged, high and she likes it. At least at first…

Erik is following the steps of a totally different plan. He really expected her to travel with him as a... companion?

Well, Christine’s mixed messages are epic but her reply to that was great, too! I like that Christine!

That “you know me …as much as a girl can know a madman” was precious! :-)

Loved Erik didn’t whip himself in front of her for injuring her skin etc etc… maybe I’ve seen way too many weeping Eriks.
And you nailed Christine’s tendency to let others- Erik, Raoul… her wild imagination with Angels- rule her life.

And now we have a cliffhanger… the first one.
inkblottales chapter 1 . 8/19/2017
Interesting that you start with one of the most debatable Christine’s choices (her betrayal and the public unmasking).
But... she didn’t unmask him… She just pulled back the hood to reveal his MASK!
To say it eloquently: super cool!

Oh, and then we have Raoul with a rifle…men and their guns…and all the symbolism they carry…I guess he does need a rifle…

I loved Erik’s “You seem to inspire that impulse in men, my dear” to Christine about men and murder. After all, Raoul had no second thoughts about Erik.

Moving to chapter 2...