Reviews for Volée
inkblottales chapter 3 . 8/24
This is an interesting Christine. She feels guilty for the things he bought her even after the kidnapping? She’s sure feeling more for Erik than she admits to herself.
And she’s thinking too much about her clothing….
They had the ”wig” moment and then she felt sad to lose Aminta’s dress.
I can’t believe she already suffers from Stockholm syndrome. Her indecision is fueling Erik’s resolve.
inkblottales chapter 2 . 8/19
Bulletproof tinted windows? Way to go Erik!
Christine is drugged, high and she likes it. At least at first…

Erik is following the steps of a totally different plan. He really expected her to travel with him as a... companion?

Well, Christine’s mixed messages are epic but her reply to that was great, too! I like that Christine!

That “you know me …as much as a girl can know a madman” was precious! :-)

Loved Erik didn’t whip himself in front of her for injuring her skin etc etc… maybe I’ve seen way too many weeping Eriks.
And you nailed Christine’s tendency to let others- Erik, Raoul… her wild imagination with Angels- rule her life.

And now we have a cliffhanger… the first one.
inkblottales chapter 1 . 8/19
Interesting that you start with one of the most debatable Christine’s choices (her betrayal and the public unmasking).
But... she didn’t unmask him… She just pulled back the hood to reveal his MASK!
To say it eloquently: super cool!

Oh, and then we have Raoul with a rifle…men and their guns…and all the symbolism they carry…I guess he does need a rifle…

I loved Erik’s “You seem to inspire that impulse in men, my dear” to Christine about men and murder. After all, Raoul had no second thoughts about Erik.

Moving to chapter 2...
MyFictionalDarlings chapter 24 . 8/15
Oh my goodness... I read your whole story in a day and half (no self-control here) and was absolutely riveted. I normally am not a fan of "AU" type stuff, but you modernized and expanded this scene/story so beautifully that I was pulled in swiftly and irrevocably.
The action-adventure with deep emotions all over the place was beautiful and SO well balanced. This was a masterpiece. The themes of forgiveness and inner strength really resonated with me. Good job sticking with it for so long! I'm glad I got to read it straight through- I can't imagine waiting for updates with this! XD With that said, I want an epilogue. Or two. Or three. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING NOW!

P.S. As someone who has traveled fairly extensively, I was tickled pink by your research and thoroughness- some of the places you wrote about and I knew exactly where they were, without even having to look at your tumblr. Dang. Way to go.

P.P.S. I was really, really mad at you for a solid two chapters. I seriously thought you had killed Erik off. And then when it was Agent Nadir Kahn in the SUV and NOT Erik, I was even more frustrated. But then the motorcycle debacle... and I had hope. Let's just say that even though you were drawing some marvelous parallels between the musical and your story, I had hardly any idea of what would happen next- but when events unfolded, they felt right. That's a mark of great story telling. Please keep it up.
First, let me say that this is THE BEST Phantom fic out there. There are many good ones, but this has everything a fanfic could ever want or need: action, adventure, chases, escapes, true love, slick technology, sleek wardrobe, exotic locales... All packaged with perfect characterization, excellent grammar, and clearly in-depth research. I could go on and on how flawless this novel is.
This is my second read-through, but the first time all-at-once, and I just devoured it. It was nearly involuntary, scrolling through pages as fast as I could. It was quite an experience, especially when I wanted to slowly savour every sentence. Wow! Volée is just so well crafted!
I hope that you're still out there and still a fan. Your WIP, Sympathy for the Devil, is off to an extremely engaging start and I hope that you will have time and inspiration to work on that too.
Thank you for writing. Thank you for posting. I wish you good work (you're obviously very busy(is is weird that I like to imagine you as an Apple exec?) but good-busy) and good writing (when you have time, that is!) Thank you!
FutureAuthor12 chapter 24 . 7/6
This story was so freaking beautiful and I love it so much! I cried so much when Erik was dead and then when I found out he was alive (I had a hunch) I cried even more, but these tears were insanely happy tears. Reading Fanfics like this lead me to realize how perfect for each other Erik and Christine really are. Thank you so much for bringing your version of the story to life. I really love it. I can't wait to read something else of yours.
FutureAuthor12 chapter 23 . 7/6
I don't know if you know how much I cried during this chapter. I feel like Christine: I've run out of tears to cry. It kind of reminds me of the first time I saw the movie. I cried all night and was distraught for the rest of the day. My friends were all concerned for me because I was crying constantly throughout the day. This is even worse because Erik dies, as far as I know. I kept crying and crying and sometimes, the feels hurt so freaking much! But even though I was so insanely distraught, I still believe that you are an amazing writer and I'm grateful that you wrote such an amazing story. Thank you so much.
FutureAuthor12 chapter 15 . 7/4
Don't get me wrong I love the action of the story, but fluff is what I live for so this chapter was perfect. After every five paragraphs or so I'd whisper to myself "THEY'RE SO FREAKING ADORABLE!" I'm pretty sure I had a huge, dorky smile on my face while I was reading this.
FutureAuthor12 chapter 11 . 7/3
The two of them are so freaking cute and I'm fangirling so much right now and I just love them so much! Excellent writing btw. 10/10
frustrated anon chapter 14 . 6/18
Love the story
Fucking hate Christine though. Shes putting herself snd Erik in danger with the tablet. If she really wanted o leave just go to the US embassy and stay there. Tell Erik that she would never love him and MOVE ON. But noo she just has to teeter back and forth. Like PICK ONE OMGGG. I'm impressed wth the patience you have with her.
Chelsea chapter 24 . 6/16
One of the first fic to move me to tears! Such an amazing story, you really brought this story into modern times with such perfection. I am DESPERATE for an epilogue!
Every time she used that tablet I thought here we go, they're tracking every movement! I am addicted to this story and can't wait to see what comes next!
jenesaispaspourquoi chapter 24 . 6/12
Captivating! And such an atmosphere you create with your setting. I loved the way you built tension. I really felt Christine's confusion, and her heartache. What a mind-boggling situation to be in! And your Eric is perfectly dramatic, erratic, and romantic. And of course, a mess. That's what I find so compelling about Phantom, is the incredible, gut-twisting moral ambiguity. You capture this so acutely in your writing, so much so that these "victorian" characters fit naturally into the modern world, as if they had always belonged there. Thanks for writing!
TeaAndThings chapter 24 . 6/5
Like many reviewers, I am faced with the reality that this story is over. I love how resilient you are in your writing. You didnt compromise character growth for fandom fluff and I admire you for that. Though, I definitely want an epilogue, and I hope it gets posted soon! Thank you for al the work and time you've put into crafting this beautiful story for us to read. It was a delight and I look forward to more of your work!
TeaAndThings chapter 17 . 6/5
Your writing is beautiful.