Reviews for Volée
phantoxicant chapter 23 . 2/20
This chapter was incredibly difficult for someone widowed 26 months ago to whom it feels more like last week, to read. I have read and reread it. Wept and rewept. My dear you nailed it.
phantoxicant chapter 20 . 2/20
Loved the doppelgängers. Inspired. If your work doesn't involve espionage you may have missed your calling!
phantoxicant chapter 22 . 2/18
Yes you did indeed do it all justice. The kiss. The redemption. The little gems like the reaction of those in the Metro Station to the sight of Erik's face. Brilliant. I would venture only that the transition from Christine's assumption that she and Erik would somehow get out of this predicament together to the realization that he was leaving without her ("Where will you go?") may have been too abrupt, at least it caught me up short. Perhaps it should have slowly dawned on her. But not since I read (and reread) Evergreen eons ago has anything compared to this nor did I believe anything every would. And that is high praise indeed. I love love love this story and cannot wait for the next one.
phantoxicant chapter 21 . 2/16
I have read only the first two sections of this chapter and am already having conniptions.
Apparently Erik had previously struck a deal with Mirjeta b/c he never would have allowed her to get the drop on him. Why didn't he let Christine and Petra in on the plan?
Christine has-I guess in her hysteria-finally transmitted the message which I'm certain will doom them.
Baer chapter 22 . 1/31
I got to be honest with you, it's been hard trying to find an author to portray Erik and Christine realistically from Phantom of the Opera but you not only do that but you incorporate a modern version and make it impossibly realistic. It's ridiculously beautiful and heart wrenching and frustrating in a good way of course. You gave it the perfect ending. I hope you continue to write more.
phantoxicant chapter 16 . 1/27
I guess...but I begin to lose patience with Christine and her reluctance to divulge the feelings for Erik now that she has identified them. Could she not simply convince him she couldn't live with herself if she didn't break her engagement properly? It would just serve her right if Vrioni got to him or if he simply didn't wake up in the morning and left this world never knowing anyone ever loved him.
Glaciem Arcus chapter 24 . 1/25
Fucking hell... this was a goddamn roller-coaster.
phantoxicant chapter 15 . 1/24
This is somewhat out of place but I cannot post an additional review for Chapter 14. "It has to be"..."If it's not about my face, then it's about me" are two of the most poignant lines of poto fanfiction it has been my pleasure to read.
phantoxicant chapter 14 . 1/23
Sending Raoul a message is going to be their undoing, isn't it?
The one and only thing I find a little lacking in this story-so far so maybe it is coming in the upcoming chapters-is the complete absence of any arousal or attraction to EriK on Christine's part.
phantoxicant chapter 12 . 1/22
Oh please oh please write more stories. I can hardly express how good this one is and what a gift you have.
phantoxicant chapter 11 . 1/22
Brilliant.
phantoxicant chapter 5 . 1/21
Ok, Hi! I was disappointed to see there are only 24 chapters. More More More. I'm trying not to read the entire story in one sitting.
phantoxicant chapter 4 . 1/21
Love it love it love it. More stories please.
Iza Felidae chapter 24 . 12/25/2016
This. This is so beautifully crafted, so we'll written. I almost passed on a modern version, and I'm so relieved I didn't. This has been a lovely and masterful piece. I admit, I hated thinking Erik was dead. That was devastating to read, but we'll worth it. I plan to keep reading your work with keen interest. Thank you for this magnificent version.
Elisasbrooklyn chapter 1 . 12/4/2016
This was probably the best POTO fan fiction I have ever read on this site. I saw that you said Voleé readers were intelligent, and I think that's because the story was intelligently written. It had an engaging and complex plot with lovable characters who grew believably as the story went on. Overall, it was phenomenal. And this was probably my favorite version of both Erik and Christine I've ever seen in a fanfic. Well done. Also, I don't know if you would want to, but if you get the chance PLEASE WRITE MORE. Whether it be an epilogue, more chapters from Erik's POV, or a sequel, this story was so good and I would love to see more of these characters. I would read anything you wrote about them.