Reviews for Volée
Jenna chapter 21 . 2/8
I think I have read your story more times than any other piece of fanfiction. And each time I do, I fall in love with it just a bit more. Erik and Christine come alive, just the way I want them to. Christine has decidedly found her voice and is actively pursuing what she desires. Erik is growing and bending in ways that bring out his humanity and yet stay true to his tortured and arrogant genius self. I love it! PLEASE continue ... Quickly!
pen name55 chapter 21 . 2/5
After discovering your story while lurking through the favorite stories of another talented POTO author, I have devoured all 21 of your chapters within the last week. Terrific, captivating writing! Brava! Loved the plot twist in this chapter since I was just thinking, what if all of Erik's worst fears were fulfilled? In his eyes, Christine's actions have finally proven her guilt at playing him for a sap. I eagerly await the next installment. Thankfully, the deleted scene will provide an excellent appetizer while waiting for the main course...
JennaJune chapter 21 . 1/14
Ver, this is just fabulous! You have such a talent. I'm sad that there are only three chapters left, but also dying to see how it all works out. Poor Erik, poor Christine - I hope they get their happy ending!
Caseybird21 chapter 21 . 1/12
I have no words. This is literally perfection. Everything. Your attention to detail, your realistic characterisation, the mood, the setting, the intrigue! You may have spoiled me from fanfictions forever because this is just so top notch. Brava, brava, bellissimo!
angelicdamnation chapter 21 . 1/11
I have been following this story for quite some time and I want you to know that you are brilliant, as is your writing, and I enjoy your updates very much. Yours is a gift difficult to rival.
CrushedRosePetals chapter 21 . 1/5
I'm so excited for the next installment!
seraph12 chapter 21 . 1/4
Wow, what an amazing chapter! So clever how you brought this together towards final lair scene where Erik is unmasked and Christine is wearing a wedding dress. Love the emotional buildup of Christine making her decision, Erik trusting her to take the mask off, then going into a rage about the email. Please, please give him a happy ending.
vampyrekat chapter 21 . 1/4
(The name, if this sends, is my tumblr url.) You asked for feedback, so here it is - I adore this story, and for a very long moment I was afraid you were going to have a "happy" ending without Erik's revelation. What makes the original story so powerful is that he has to change, and all too often I see fanfics ignore that in favor of a trite "happy" ending where Christine bows to his whims. I was admittedly glad we had seemingly resolved Raoul as a moral issue, and was resigned to Raoul being a constant background of their life - but congratulations on both subverting expectations and taking us to the true conflict! I'm incredibly excited to see how you write the ending with a Christine who's not at all interested in getting away - although I expect there'll be a moment or two of deliberation - and an Erik who might, through preponderance of evidence, actually accept that Christine means what she says. Brava, and know we're waiting with bated breath!
M chapter 21 . 1/1
My dear, you have absolutely broken my heart. Brava nonetheless, even as you shatter everything around me.

-M
jtbwriter chapter 21 . 12/31/2015
I wish I could say I saw this coming-but I didn't. I just wish Christine wasn't so stupid. And how is Erik ever going to trust her again? Sigh. Thank you for continuing this-but now what?:(
LaurenvBelladonna chapter 21 . 12/31/2015
.GOD! THAT ENDING!? Jesus Christ. Wow. Just when I thought this story couldn't get any more fantastic, a crazy plot twist is thrown in the mix. That was beautiful. Another wonderfully executed chapter, great work!
Hristonostore Onnediel chapter 21 . 12/31/2015
I was feeling so happy until erik thought christine had betrayed him and then i was shouting in my head christine why?! why? :D

please don't keep us in suspense for to long as i may have a heart attack if i have to wait to see a happy ending :D
Mominator124 chapter 21 . 12/31/2015
Oh man, I LOVED this chapter!

Yeah, I recognized the scene once Christine put on the dress, and had fully expected that nothing good would come of her sending that message (other than breaking up with Raoul), and was STILL surprised by the sirens. (Shakes head at my own stupidity.)

I especially loved Erik's reaction to Christine's declaration of love for him. Dang it all for her stupidity and his proclivity for jumping to the wrong conclusions.

At least we'll get to see Raoul dangle from Erik's "Punjab lasso" (or whatever modern equivalent you use) for a bit. ;D

So, you wanted Christine (and us?) to see what his life was like before her, and I admit I was surprised by the casual shooting of Vrioni by his wife (why DID she keep him around for so long?), but didn't you accomplish that when Erik and Christine first came across them in that restaurant? When she pleaded with him NOT to kill Vrioni as they were trying to escape?

Thank you for such a great Christmas present!

Barb
Anti-Heroine88 chapter 21 . 12/31/2015
Wow, I was not expecting that from Mirjeta. I had a feeling that Vrioni would never cease to hunt them down unless he was terminated. Although I enjoyed reading about the lovely dinner and Christine putting on the wedding dress, I had a feeling that "Down Once More" was creeping up.

My heart sank when when Erik accused Christine's feelings of being just a ruse but I can't blame him. Erik is a man with serious trust issues and Christine put herself in a bad situation. I don't think that Christine was intentionally leaving cyber breadcrumbs for the FBI but she definitely messed things up by regularly checking Facebook. The fact that the tablet died doesn't help either.

I hope your fic ending isn't as sad as the musical. I cry every time I watch Final Lair but seeing your Erik and Christine separate would crush my heart after she willingly chose Erik. I know "Down Once More" has to happen in order for full character development to occur but it makes me sad that to read they won't have a happy ending together after everything they went through and after Erik tried so hard to change his violent ways.

Also, unlike the ALW version, your Christine had the chance to get to know Erik and fall in love with him. Musical Christine never had that opportunity. It would also be kind of difficult for me to see Christine just leave with Raoul because he practically wasn't in the story at all.

I love your writing and hope you continue to write phanfics in the future.
nerdyninjaunicorn chapter 21 . 12/30/2015
Well, that most certainly took a turn in a direction I wasn't expecting. I am getting really, really excited for the next chapter, I know it's going to be great.