Reviews for Volée
yimello chapter 22 . 12/3/2022
Knowing everything we do about Erik his claim of the whole world hating him on sight comes across as more whiny than anything else. Compared to Leroux's living corpse the musical deformity is underwhelming to begin with and in a modern day fic it becomes pretty unbelievable that it would have given Erik enough hardship to force him into becoming a hermit. And this particular Erik has untold amounts of money which could surely have bought him the best plastic surgery on the planet - and it isn't like he's missing a nose so really, how hard could it be to make him look normal? There really doesn't seem to be a good reason for him to live the way he does - he might have not even tried to live like a normal man. Either he's gone through life imagining rejection where there was none, or he secretly quite enjoys feeling like an outcast because it gives him a justification for behaving the way he does. If he's not part of society then he doesn't need to stick to society's pesky rules. If Christine can't possibly ever accept him because of his face then he can't approach her as a normal man would; instead he has to lie and manipulate and abduct her, drag her across half the globe and blackmail her into being with him by threatening her fiance's life. It's the only way for him! That's how I imagine his thought process going. With every version of Erik there's always an element of his isolation being partly caused by his own actions; but this particular Erik's loneliness seems to be entirely self-inflicted.
Casey chapter 25 . 11/5/2022
This is one fanfiction I always come back to ever couple years for a reread and to my ABSOLUTE delight.. THERES A NEW CHAPTER! You’re amazing. Thank you for this beautiful story, it’s one of my all time favorites. The growth and the absolute love for these characters is nothing short of breathtaking and the way you managed to make them flow so seamlessly in a real world setting.. it’s just phenomenal. Thank you!
sharletqueen909 chapter 23 . 10/17/2022
Crying… sobbing… phew, made it through this!
Guest chapter 25 . 9/15/2022
This was one of the first fics in the fandom I ever read, back in 2008. I haven't checked in on it for the past few years, but went to see POTO in Sydney on Tuesday and decided to revisit my old faves. Thank you so much for this unexpected delight.
littleobol chapter 1 . 9/14/2022
After all of the phics I read, I can't believe I glossed over this one! This was SO good that I ended up binging it in one night and then re-read the whole thing several times over later on. I loved it so much. Thank you for writing such a fun and gripping story. The whole billionaire, whiplash-neck-breaking-speed-action-ness of it all was thrilling and so, so fun to read. Thank you for sharing your writing! I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled if you decide to write any new stories
yimello chapter 11 . 7/3/2022
Man, Erik's so hot in this chapter it's shocking Christine isn't just throwing herself at him the first chance she's got.
Guest chapter 14 . 5/7/2022
Difficult yo follow this lifestyle of cties, mafia people, computers, phones hooking up here and there, jets, trains, weird curtained autos?never fresh air, touring all these places, or hardly eating. Why is this theory of skinny people so important. I hate their lifestyle. So cold and boring. Its all seems about high rollers, mafia fighting. No pets. Eric always liked animals. Just a super jet set, fasf fast lane Erik and Christine. Hardly romantic or tender.
SugarPlumCuttlefish chapter 25 . 5/7/2022
My god, the YEARNING...it's so perfect.

From both of them, but especially Erik. It's everything I want in a Phantom AU. Thank you for this perfection. And especially this lovely epilogue. I needed them to have this blissful coming together so desperately.
Suehunt1945gmai chapter 7 . 4/30/2022
I zadmire all your intelligent readers, but do far this story is boring to me
It's not the phantom I know and love. He's a computer genius and I cannot so far get into this phic. Do they ever go outside and be somewhat human? This is overwhelming me and cold. Just tech and air ports
Very little life and warmth.
DarkPhantom101 chapter 25 . 3/3/2022
I love this story, I had to binge read the story all in one day. It made me feel so much, So much love and heartbreak . I'm thankful I didn't have to wait for the whole story. I don't know how you were able to make me so much but if love i
Luxpop chapter 25 . 2/19/2022
Hi! I started reading FanFics back around 2006/2007 when it seems like new stories/updates were at it's height. I was in high school then an it's fun to look back and think of all the stories I read, wondering what life as an "adult" would be like. When I went to college and started my career, I had a lot less time on my hands and completely stopped reading FanFiction. When COVID gave me back the gift of time and a moment to slow down, I logged back into this site after years. I was really saddened to see that not many new stories had been created or regularly updated in the past 5 years or so. Even as I have grown so much over the past 15 years (omg I can't believe it has been 15 years!), re-reading some of my old favorites and finding new treasures like this one has been just as inspiring, engaging and consuming as it was for me when I was in high school.

To be totally honest, I have read this story 3 times over the past 5 days. All I can say is I am so glad you rediscovered your muse and the time to come back and finish this story. There are so many amazing stories that I came back to after all these years to see abandoned and it's heartbreaking. I can see why Volee is one of the stories with the most engagement for POTO. I loved your characterization of Erik and Christine, I think they translated beautifully into the unique modern day setting you created for them. After reading the story I honestly thought this should be a screenplay so when I read that was one of your career goals I knew I was spot on. I hope to see more of this story in the future, whether it's as a book or on the big screen.

One thing I would have loved to see was the proposal where Christine finally says yes to Erik. It was such a pleasure to read the epilogue and see how far they both had come. I loved to see them finally coming together after everything they had been through, experiencing the happiness we all knew they would have together and ultimately starting their new lives as one. I know all of this was understandably overwhelming for Erik but I wondered what a scene would have looked like where maybe Christine brought it up. Erik had asked so many times, what a turn of events it would be for Christine to be the one to finally tell him she was ready for everything and in his mind he would really know for sure this was it. Maybe she would be the one to propose or maybe she would ask him to ask again. But I'm just a fan, you would know best how it should go. Just curious if a final proposal ever crossed your mind and what you think that might look like for Erik and Christine. I'm not going to lie, the hopeless hopeless romantic in me would have even loved to see a baby in their future. I'll just use this as a plug to beg for the sequel everyone is dying for :)

Thank you again for this wonderful treasure.
Batty Dings chapter 2 . 1/8/2022
I started re-reading them and I noticed the changes to the first two chapters. Originally Erik drugs Christine; but that has been eliminated now. I wonder if you felt it a better plot detail modification because it makes one less obstacle for Christine to eventually overcome when she has to forgive Erik. It’s just one less deception and over stepping of boundaries for her to look past.
DarkBetty chapter 6 . 10/25/2021
This is my absolute fav POTO fic. I beg for a sequel!

Future editing note: you mention in chapter 3 that Christine changes into ballet flats but then here she’s still wearing her Aminita boots
GutterBallet chapter 6 . 10/5/2021
Did you remove the part where they talk about golf during the electric car ride? I loved that convo :')
ThePhantom'sEnigma chapter 5 . 9/15/2021
Heya! Obviously, I'm re-reading your masterpiece once more and still marvelling at the characterisation of it all! Just wanted to mention on this chapter that she makes reference to a 'long drugged sleep' which might have been overlooked when you edited! Still, I adore the bathroom scene so much, it's adorable about Erik's comment of 'shooting himself six months ago' Awwwww, can I just like, give him a hug, please? And his extreme efforts of avoiding contact and her business like attitude... Just honestly, I adore your attention to detail! I have no idea how much research you must have done, but years later I'm still in awe!
Your ever humble reader,