Reviews for Volée
Scarlet Stalking Abroad chapter 18 . 6/26
Okay... I had to get on my actual computer to write this review, instead of on mobile, because this is going to take awhile...

I'm just going to get it out there and say that I've hardly ever been moved by any piece of writing, fan fiction or not, than I have by this one. I am kicking myself for putting it off for so long, not realizing the gem that this story truly is. I have perhaps cried once or twice over the course of reading who knows how many stories on this site, but Volée brought out the tears on multiple occasions. I was incredibly grateful for the pics and information you share on tumblr, because it provided a small reprieve from the onslaught of anxiety, anticipation, fear, excitement, and glee that you brought me through the last 18 chapters and leaving me wanting for so much more. I couldn't simply read this story distractedly. No... it demanded my entire attention and I am truly astounded by it. I haven't been as entrenched reading something as I was in a very, very long time. Thank you.

Your Erik is... wow... never have I seen him written with so much grace and understanding of his character, making him so terribly frightful but magnetic all the same. You have truly made me understand the emotions Christine feels when regarding his dangerous but captivating presence. He is so utterly real. His pain and his desire and his slow acceptance of himself is breathtaking. You've written some of the most beautiful dialogue for him... I think one of those times that I cried was when he was describing why he so very much loved Christine. Honestly, you've made me think about his character in a different light. And then I get a paragraph about Erik's toiletries and I love everything even more. It is so incredibly endearing.

And then we have Christine, who embodies the original character so well, I can't even describe it. her development and growth as a character is a work of art, handled with a delicacy so intricate that I can't understand how I am reading it in a fan fiction, but incredibly grateful for it. For journey towards love and acceptance for Erik is... I'm running out of ways to say how blown away I am.

You have a new fan and reader here and I can't wait until the next chapter.

Until next time,

~Scar Stalks Abroad
I agree! The delay is unbearable!
I hope and watch out for an update every day. Your story is excellent. Reading it is such a joy. I hope for more soon.
Anti-Heroine88 chapter 1 . 6/24
I just stumbled onto the Tumblr for this story and I am very impressed. The pictures are breathtaking, I feel as if I was following them. Looking forward to Ch. 19 :)
Fangirl chapter 18 . 6/14
I'm in agony... Re read this for the third time! Will you be updating soon? I'm in love with this story, but the delay is almost unbearable!
L. E. Grey chapter 18 . 6/9
I am really loving this story and I squeal with delight each time a notification shows up in my inbox. You are weaving a truly gripping story and providing me with the needed kick in the backside to get writing again myself. Keep up the excellent work and I am looking forward to Chapter 19!
Anti-Heroine88 chapter 18 . 6/6
This is such an addictive story, I could not stop reading it. I love your description of modern Erik and Christine, I always envisioned him being some of terrorist. I hope you update soon!
Please, give us another chapter! I want to know how it continues! I'm completely addicted!
Bunny chapter 18 . 5/25
vc this story is SO GOOD ohhh my gosh please update when you are able... ahhhgghhh im so impatient but i don't want to pester you... it's just. so good
HellaPhantom chapter 17 . 5/25
this fic is so good ima cry. it's one of the greats forreal kid sO GOOD AHFHDKAJFDIAJFW
darkraistlyn chapter 18 . 5/10
I think this quite honestly is my favourite story in this fandom. You write so very well, and I am actually apprensive reading a new chapter because I am always wondering what mental anguish I will suffer in this chapter. Will they be captured? Will his leniency catch up to them? Will Christine send that email and get them caught? It's very well done.
Epic Insanity chapter 18 . 4/28
I love this story so much. I think I left a review quite a while ago (probably two-three years ago or something like that) in which I said that I often go back and reread it. Which I did yesterday. I stayed up waaaaay too late flipping through the chapters. I never get tired of Volee. Reliving Erik and Christine's small epiphanies and seeing how one rolls into another is so fun!

Some of my favorite moments happen when Christine is looking back at how she got where she is. The cemetery scene at her father's grave that cut off where everyone collided is awesome. I would love a sort of prequel story where we see all the way from the beginning up to Don Juan. I'm sure that would also be quite an undertaking. Not that I'm necessarily asking for it; it's not something I need to enjoy Volee. But it would be cool to connect back. Mostly I just want more of your writing!

Really lovely storytelling. Beautiful characters. You've made a devoted fan out of me. This story gives me all kinds of warm fuzzies.
theyellowflower chapter 18 . 4/16
So many feels! I actually really appreciated the last chapter. It seemed very tragically real...then again, I'm not a reader for the fluff. Don't get me wrong, when it comes (and is deserved) I will not say no, but I've always enjoyed how you create such huge realistic reactions from the characters when there is even the smallest of a physical development. Those are the feels :)
seraph12 chapter 18 . 4/14
Thanks for this beautifully written chapter, the closest thing to fluff we have seen so far. I think you achieved the perfect balance of Christine showing affection and revealing her honest feelings to Erik, yet being wary of rushing the relationship and having too much too soon. It's unique how you portray her as the more mature one in the relationship. The part about Erik shooting the windchime was hilarious, letting his obsessive compulsive behaviour ruin the romantic moment.
As always lovely.