Reviews for Thaw
miss capulet chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Good Christ, that was beautiful.

"And March comes wetly in every year, and Remus thinks, because in his series of lonely grey houses and ill-fated jobs there is little to do but think, so he thinks about spring, which never really comes in March, because winter always manages to sneak up behind it and drown it all in cold, wet, grey wind and ice and wind; and how the wind tears around houses, diving through the rafters and laughing like a ghost. No matter where he sleeps, the wind always sounds like ghosts."

Wow. Never once were you overwrought, never once did you step into the maudlin. Sad, bleak, grey and gorgeous.

Bravo.

*...runs off to read your other stuff OMG REMUS/TONKS I am going to be here all day*
Valiowk chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
What a beautiful, delightful ficlet! In two short paragraphs, you've written about so many years' worth of wonderful memories for Remus, every one of them so vivid that they replay themselves over and over again in my mind. And oh, yes, of course the memories hurt, but I think this time they are worth the pain, the cold, the rain.
Noldo chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
This left me short of words, which is a strange thing because I'm naturally verbose to the point of ridiculousness.

In this enormous desert of wordlessness, though, I loved this very much indeed; I can't even decide which bit I liked the best. The first sentence was lovely; Peter was included, which is an Exceedingly Good Thing Indeed, and I adore the way you give us the little details, but briefly and sketched-out rather than filled-in - the little amusing Maraudery escapades, Peter always being the one who shows up decently at the door (as one does). Remus wanting to Obliviate himself unleashed all my wibbly fangirly Remus-loving tendencies, which are a little scary when unrestrained. (And however much one wants to hug-tackle fictional characters, it is probably not a very good idea, and wouldn't be all that easy to explain away as not being asylum-worthy behaviour, either.)

And finally, hurrah for hyphens. And italics instead-of quotes.
avonleigh chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Cor, it isn't fair, because I never have any ability to speak coherently. And then my fingers just automatically want to type atrocious things that involve random capitalisation and an over-abundance of exclamation points.

*sighs* This is gorgeous, utterly and completely. This is all I can string together; I am sorry it probably fails at conveying how much I adore it.
Nyeren-who-has-not-logged-in chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Lovely...I know I say that about all of cour stories, but it's quite true. They're all sort of painfully, sparklingly pretty, the emotions and images coming through clear and cold. Brava! I particularly loved your parenthetical bits, as always; they're so fun to mess with!
LadyMoriel chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
Must...not...glomp...Remus... *glomps* *gets attacked by Tonks*

Er. Yes. Anyway. The second and third paragraphs are really sweet-I love the memories you gave him, because they feel terribly real, and I particularly like how you didn't do the Suethor thing and make Peter either nonexistent or blatantly evil. _ And the Eliot book, and Lily helping James find it, and...yeah. The whole story is just aw. (I wonder if that word's going to get through properly. Doubt it.)

Poor Remus. *pets him gingerly* *flees from Tonks and her Auror skillz*
MarilynJean chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
Aw, wow, this was so good, so sad. Simply amazing job.